Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Question AR AmbiI-bolt release

I have a Phase-5 lever on a lower with a larger than standard trigger guard and it’s Mockingbird Hill thrilling in its enhancement of bolt dropping.

I have a GWACS lower that has a crapmed trigger guard that I removed the Phase-5 from and installed on the lower with more room, there was no way I could wear gloves and it was a tight fit with a naked trigger finger. A disaster waiting its moment.

For that reason the B.A.D. lever by Magpul and similar designs are unsuitable for this lower.

The InRangeTV crew has settled on the PDQ lever that will require the removal of a lot of material, it also holds the dust cover out, not an issue on my dust cover and forward assist free upper. (Don’t like unnecessary bulk, wish I could find standard thickness upper with no deflector, no forward assist and no dust cover. This can be had in double thickness uppers. I like to see the location of the bolt at all times, personal quirk.)

Anyone know of any other designs that don’t intrude into the trigger guard or require carving?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
Bluntforce
slug

Cool

Cut the channel, filed the spruce. Going with the PDQ.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:31 AM   #3
Bluntforce
slug

Cool

Going to go with this package: XMR & PDQ Ambi-Bolt Release Package - ODIN Works.

Grip moves web of hand further back than standard grip. Since Bluedog’s not the only one who has Keebler Elf hands I’m getting a mag release extender. There are three generations of ODIN Works XMR, the second was in response to the first clashing with the MagPul BAD lever. The PDQ comes with the first generation. The third is the best looking but any of them would get the button in reach for me and compatibility with PDQ release will take priority.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:21 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Bluntforce check out the S&W website a friends active duty Marine young troop stopped by with one like your looking for. No dust cover no forward assist hell no nuttin.
I have no idea if it was a low end S&W or what? I traded the young feller out for a full complement bells and whistle's upper and he was a happy camper ready to take on ISIS. I didn't want it but I liked the kid.
Don't know what the hell I did with it may have heaved it in the parts box? A bit confused on your trigger issue? But their are a lot of trigger guards to choose from check out different sites and you will see one your looking for I bet?
Old 03-29-2018, 03:53 AM   #5
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

I have a S&W M&P Sport upper from 2012. Before they put the forward assist and dust cover back on them.

The lower is a one piece GWACS nylon stock. Used to be the Cavalry Arms ones that came in light and dark blue and DeWalt yellow about fifteen years ago, they also had the Hello Kitty shade of pink for California. Now they come in slate grey, flat dark earth, olive drab, zombie green, Pepto Bismol pink and black. There used to be a Coyote Brown, don’t know which company put that one out.

The GWACS trigger guard is not generous in its proportions.

The S&W M&P Sport lower with its pot belly one-piece trigger guard has its shitty heavy barrel on it with a fat slick sided upper and a Phase-5 lever.

I dremeled the channel and dug out the melted gunk on the GWACS. When I get paid, I’m getting the parts. I’m not worried about shit getting in it and I am happy with my no-skill job on it. My screen name is because if it can’t be done with a hammer it’s not getting done by me.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

Got the parts today. When I get home the AR Coolification project will continue.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Just a note on fitting the Teal Blue Bravo PDQ to a GWACS lower, I had to dremel a bit of the lever on the right hand side for clearance. This will probably not be necessary on aluminum lowers because they are thinner than GWACS lowers.

InRange TV gave a parts list and no particulars on fitting. This is the only part that would need any in a stripped lower. Mine was populated and led to ass pain in changing the safety.

There is also a contour on the side that made the Odin Works Generation 1 extended mag release a poor choice because it curves in toward the receiver and the receiver’s raised contour interferes with this. Either some grinding or a different design is in order.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:46 AM   #8
Bluntforce
slug

Switched my extra-thick walled upper onto the Tupperware lower to see if the PDQ lever would function with it. It didn’t because of clearance issues on the right side. This video where the guy opens his rifle on an already installed unit will show you the problem area if you want a fat upper and PDQ on the same rifle. I don’t but somebody might.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F2&FORM=VRRTAP