Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
A.J.
Dud

Default Recommend a .380 for my wife

My wife as a number of handguns but wants a really small carry gun. I'm thinking a .380 semi auto. She wants something light, small and concealable.

What would you recommend?

Thank you for your thoughts and insight.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:44 PM   #2
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

Lots to chose from. Get her a Seecamp
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
CDawg
slug

There are a good selection of small 9mm weapons out there too. We've got a Kahr CW9 that works really well. A little larger, is my wife's S&W 3913 Lady Smith. I'm confident in her abilities with both. Women usually have limited options for how to carry, because of their build and wardrobe. Some women dress more like men, but most don't. My wife carries either in her purse(from Gun Tote'n MaMa's) or in a fanny pack. Both work well. There are some innovative carry choices that allow small autos to be carried in holsters that look like electronic device carriers. I can't think of any names right now, but I'm sure a web search would reveal at least a couple of good ones. Good luck.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Ruger EC9s
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:34 AM   #5
slug

Guns r bad

Carry a Cop...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Guns r bad

Carry a Cop...

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_2syrkqy8g0_b

Almost impossible to choose a gun for someone AJ it has to feel right in their hands. But like CDawg says their are tons of concealment holsters out their. Can't think of the one I have but here are some similar. It looks like a cell phone holster don't nobody know what it is when yer wearing it.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
cerberus
Dud

When I'm forced to 'go small', I go Bersa .380. If your Sweety insists on going mini or micro, prepare her for slide bite. My wife dresses 'untucked' and wears a .357 SpeedSix, CrossDraw. And she's what I'd call small. 5' 2 1/2" 128lbs.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
When I'm forced to 'go small', I go Bersa .380. If your Sweety insists on going mini or micro, prepare her for slide bite. My wife dresses 'untucked' and wears a .357 SpeedSix, CrossDraw. And she's what I'd call small. 5' 2 1/2" 128lbs.
cerberus
I have a PPK/S in .380, shoots well, but it bites. I wish they had one in 9mm, it's an excellent piece.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #9
baboon
slug

Seecamp's are great pistols.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #10
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
cerberus
Bersa Thunder .380 is a nice pistol. I like it much better than a Glock 42.

Wife does better with the Bersa. The G42 is very fussy about ammo. It only likes ammo that's hot. Federal HST works good in it.
I had to make practice handloads and load them a full grain over max for the damn thing to cycle properly.

The Bersa, eats anything & everything.

Seecamp is a real nice gun, too. My dad used to carry one in .32 Auto. I would have it if it wasn't for my asshole son grabbing it and selling it when the 'ol man died.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #11
S. Fisher

CZ75 compact http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-comp...ck-14-rd-mags/
Or kimber micro 9 my wife has both https://www.kimberamerica.com/pistol...?layer&cat=388

I like both as well, the cz is 14 rnds, the kimber holds 7-8 depending on mag and mags are pricey. I know they aren't 380 but both perform great with Speer golddot HP's
The cz will eat anything for practice, the kimber is a little finicky, how ever performs flawlessly with good defense ammo.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #12
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I have a PPK/S in .380,
I have a between-the-wars PPK in .380, a Bersa Thunder and an FEG-63 marked for S.A.P.S. (South Africa Police Systems). While the fit and finish on the Walther is fantastic, for some reason the Bersa shoots better for me.
cerberus
If anyone has or knows of another S.A.P.S-marked FEG-63, let me know. I'm in the market.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #13
Sanders

Don't pick out a gun for your wife. Take her to the gunshops - with an "s" to pick out one that feels right to her. If she can try it out first, all the better.

Very rarely will you be able to pick out the right pistol for your wife on your own.

Don't restrict it to just .380 - as said above, there are compact 9mm's, .45's in auto. Then there are always revolvers in everything from .22 to .44 Special. The .327 Fed Magnum is making a resurgence for a mild recoiling round with ballistics that push into .357 Mag territory.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #14
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Don't pick out a gun for your wife. Take her to the gunshops - with an "s" to pick out one that feels right to her. If she can try it out first, all the better.

Very rarely will you be able to pick out the right pistol for your wife on your own.

Don't restrict it to just .380 - as said above, there are compact 9mm's, .45's in auto. Then there are always revolvers in everything from .22 to .44 Special. The .327 Fed Magnum is making a resurgence for a mild recoiling round with ballistics that push into .357 Mag territory.
That's exactly what we're planning to do. We'll visit gun shops and let her figure out what she likes. She may even get a small 9mm. Spoke with my brother yesterday and he was pushing hard against .380. The choices are endless.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
aviator
unum de multis

I recently picked up an inexpensive DB9, a shitty gun I know but after replacing the barrel and the mag it turned out to be as good as a Glock, just keep the loads under 120 gr. It's a double action trigger, no safety, carries 6+1 rounds and it's a 9mm, very accurate to 30 feet, didn't shoot it past that as I was testing it out. it's a nice pocket gun. It's wise to replace the mag spring with a TelTec spring, which I have to get for the old mag. You can find one for under $200.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote