Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 03-12-2024, 12:16 PM   #1
baboon
slug

Default I bought groceries today

Yeah it really does suck enough to discuss it. I shop @ Brookshire's in Groesbeck, Texas for a couple of reasons, I like the store. Clean, not to big, nice meat department & produce & its some what close to home. I also like the points system for 5% off with every $500.00 spent & senior discount .

So today I spent a little more then normal because I picked up 2 whole pork butts. Next month I cooking the monthly senior luncheon at the Volunteer Fire Department. Im not one to pass on deals & coupons are worth the effort to me, aint like I have a bunch going on. Today I chosen to burn my 5% in points because of coupons & shopping the add. I saved $120.68 or 37% of my total bill. Not to bad for a fat old bearded crippled up guy.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:53 PM   #2
slug

I just quit eating

It got to expensive
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 01:14 PM   #3
RetVet
Statistical Error

I shop deals mostly and purchase other items if I really need or want them. I'm finding very few deals these days. Those things that seem to be a deal now are no where close to what I would have called a deal just a year ago.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:07 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

I think I'm going to try Aldis, much better prices, Publix has good quality stuff and a very good selection but dammit, they are pricey. Lately they are running a lot of "buy one get one free" stuff but their meats are high. We spend between $400 and $500 a week for four people, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:56 PM   #5
baboon
slug

One can get coupons real easy with the internet. Just contact companies that you like & tell them that you like their product. When you get something thats not right same deal. I cut myself on a can a while back when the pull tab ripped off before the can stared to open. When you do get coupons back sure you check the dates.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:34 PM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

I've always found Aldis to be good quality. Unfortunately the closest one for me is 2+ hours away.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 06:12 AM   #7
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
I've always found Aldis to be good quality. Unfortunately the closest one for me is 2+ hours away.
They are in the process of expanding their footprint so you may get a closer one.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:54 AM   #8
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I think I'm going to try Aldis, much better prices, Publix has good quality stuff and a very good selection but dammit, they are pricey. Lately they are running a lot of "buy one get one free" stuff but their meats are high. We spend between $400 and $500 a week for four people, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Aldi has a more of an upscale crowd than Walmart. It's cleaner, better organized and checkouts are faster. It also tends to have higher-level products; things you can't get anywhere else.

They tend to hire young, thin and physically fit people. I've never seen an overweight, slow moving, or elderly employee. Very few Blacks. They're a German-owned company. My wife was born and raised in Germany. Everything you hear about Germans is true. They don't suffer fools.

From what I hear, the managers actually do much of the stocking of products. I always liked Aldi and tried to get hired as a manager. I had all the credentials and was the perfect fit on paper. Unfortunately, at that time I was in my early 50's. I had zero chance.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:53 AM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Much of their foods are GMO.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote