Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 12-23-2023, 08:51 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Spinz Deviled Eggs......

Hooo Boy! Is my wife ever pissed! She boiled TWO 18 packs of eggs, to make deviled eggs for tomorrow.

It's been years since she's done that, or made deviled eggs. So I found a few interesting links on youtube, and sent them to her.

Her response after watching the videos? "I've been boiling and making deviled eggs for my whole life! I know how to boil a f***ing egg!"

First 18 pack......Heat the water (building to a boil), put eggs in before water comes to a boil, no salt. Ice bath in cold water after 10 minutes of boiling. Peeled like sh*t.

Second 18 pack.... Water still hot, but turned up the stove. Add salt. Of course she added the eggs AGAIN, before the water started boiling..... Same results as the first batch.

I asked her a few questions after the first batch, and she 'snapped' at me each answer. I asked her a couple more questions after the second batch, "F*** you, don't tell me how to boil eggs!"

I ain't saying a f***ing word to her until 11 am tomorrow morning , when either we or I make the trip to my brothers house for our Christmas with his familiy and our Mom.

F*** it! "Think I'll just stay here (at my desk the rest of the night), and drink!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdlj...eHaggard-Topic
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink
Merle Haggard

https://youtu.be/70-PDf2EUTU
Old 12-23-2023, 10:47 PM   #3
Johnny

There's only one way to ensure boiled eggs are easy to peel: Make sure they're about 2 weeks old before you boil them. All the other tricks and gimmicks don't work. Waiting 2 weeks works every time.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:01 PM   #4
baboon
slug

The correct cook time & ice bath is key to boiling & peeling eggs. Just like eggs that yolks have the green outsides are over cooked. Eggs are one of the easiest things to cook but so many people straight up fuck them up. Over cooked eggs suck IMHO, wether they are fried or boiled. Nothing worse then a fried egg you cannot cut with a fork for there crunchy outer ring. I love it when people say "That's how I like them". It tells me they either never had a properly cooked egg or they are straight up use to shitty over cooked eggs.

When the wife niece & nephew stayed last the niece made cheese scrambled eggs. Possibly the worst eggs I ever ate in my life. I was polite & hit them with some Cholula and ate them anyway. I even told her that my cured bacon being hand sliced & thicker then store bought thick bacon took extra time to cook, and not start the eggs until the bacon was out & draining.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:31 AM   #5
JD Miller
Fake Member

so why do some people put egg shells in their coffee?
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:00 AM   #6
azhonkey

Sambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
so why do some people put egg shells in their coffee?
The main reason people put eggshells in coffee is that it makes the coffee taste better and less bitter. Eggshells are made primarily of calcium carbonate. This is an alkaline material that can help balance out the taste of acidic coffee.

Coffee is by nature acidic. Although some coffees are more acidic than others, the acidity makes coffee taste a bit bitter. The more acidic the coffee is, the stronger or more bitter it tastes. Even though many people love strong coffee, not everyone can handle the bitter flavor.

When you add eggshells to coffee, it results in a less acidic and more mellow flavor. Admittedly, the coffee is much less complex tasting, but many people prefer the mellower flavor of eggshell coffee to complex and bitter coffee.divider 3
Old 12-24-2023, 10:22 AM   #7
drh
I know things about stuff

Sounds like the Griswold Christmas gathering is getting off to a good start
drh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:03 AM   #8
JD Miller
Fake Member

Why do they call them "Deviled" eggs?

Quote:
According to The Oxford Companion to Food, "devil" is a culinary term that first appeared in the 18th century as a noun and then in the early 19th century as a verb, "meaning to cook something with fiery hot spices or condiments." The hot spices or condiments most often referred to the addition of mustard and cayenne pepper in a dish.
Do you put hot sauce in your deviled eggs?

I dont think I ever had a hot or spicy deviled egg

JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:16 AM   #9
baboon
slug

The first service meat case that I had at work I go grab eggs from the dairy that had cracked eggs in & make "Eggs Diablo" which I added scramble chorizo that I made and finely diced jalapeņos. They sold rather well, so well the hot deli bitched that those & the breakfast tacos I made was taking away their breakfast sales.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote