Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
Czubek
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs down Prognosis 'optimistic' for girl mauled by pit bull

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...oit/102954226/

Quote:
Detroit – A 10-year-old girl is in "very critical" in condition on Sunday after being attacked by a dog in the 10700 block of Beaconsfield on Detroit’s east side, police said.
Yet another pit bull attack.

Wonderful dogs...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Had a neighbor with an unfenced yard, let his pit roam free.

Told him if that dog goes near my son, I would shoot it. He told me he would not let me shoot it, I told him he tried to stop me would shoot him too.

He started walking it on a leash in his backyard first time he seen me with my shotgun afterwords.

Heîs oiōṇs áristos, amưnesthai peŕ pátrēs- "There is only one omen, to fight for one's country"
klauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Stalky

Like kids. What raised the dogs?
Stalky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #4
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

I'll change my tune about pits pit/mixes when I start reading about facial reconstructive surgery after Yorkie and Beagle attacks.
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
Boris
no sheeps clothing here

I have an American Bulldog and American Staffordshire but I don't let mine go anywhere near kids without supervision.
Jack is scared of kids and Maggie is just too rough and tumble for small children and even though neither one are aggressive one pulled ear or tail and bad things could happen.
I was the same way with my Husky,Shepards and Rott/Boxer mix.
I know more people bitten by GSD than anything and my cousin had her face mauled by a yellow lab when she was 8.
I like my Staffy a lot but I don't think I will get another aftr he is gone just because of the hassle that goes with it.
BTW my Chihuahua runs the house

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #6
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

I used to like big dogs with big jaws. I still do as long as they are not mine. Give me a small, SMART AS HELL, Terrier. They know when and what to bark at...shit small turds...don't eat a lot...don't suffocate you when they flop onto you on the bed..are fiercely loyal and easily trained.

A 12ga with 00 buck & slugs, provides backup for the wee barker.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Peace is our profession. War is our hobby.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #7
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I heard that barkless chihuahuas are the best for protection.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Stalky

Try a Papillon. Once they train you nothing else more loyal and protective.
Bred for hunting originally,this one tracks his mama through the house. My wife being his mama.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 AM   #9
Sanders

I put my pup down last week because she was starting to behave aggressively toward other household pets and people who she has known since she was a little puppy.

She was my buddy- a black lab/catahoula mix, but I could not risk her snapping and going full dogfight on someone. Broke my heart.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #10
4thIDvet
slug

Default Top 10 dogs most likely to bite you..

https://www.elitereaders.com/dog-breeds-bite

It took hundreds and hundreds of years to breed mans best friend for a specific job. If you procure a bird dog well he is going to want to hunt birds. If you obtain a fighting dog well hell guess what? He wants to fight good answer.
Are their nice friendly pit bulls? Sure their are but that breeding is in their to protect and fight.
All dogs see kids 'till they get to know them' as competition not an alpha leader not a member of the pack. Check the stats if you don't believe most pit bull and fighting dog attacks are on little kids.

Nice pooch but be good now I am just passing through.

Last edited by 4thIDvet; 06-20-2017 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Add picture.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:53 AM   #11
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I put my pup down last week because she was starting to behave aggressively toward other household pets and people who she has known since she was a little puppy.

She was my buddy- a black lab/catahoula mix, but I could not risk her snapping and going full dogfight on someone. Broke my heart.

I am sorry that you lost your friend Sir...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:01 AM   #12
4thIDvet
slug

Unhappy

Quote:

Just saw this. So sorry for the loss of your buddy.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
BBill

Quote:

So sorry Sanders...
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #14
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
https://www.elitereaders.com/dog-breeds-bite

It took hundreds and hundreds of years to breed mans best friend for a specific job. If you procure a bird dog well he is going to want to hunt birds. If you obtain a fighting dog well hell guess what? He wants to fight good answer.
Are their nice friendly pit bulls? Sure their are but that breeding is in their to protect and fight.
All dogs see kids 'till they get to know them' as competition not an alpha leader not a member of the pack. Check the stats if you don't believe most pit bull and fighting dog attacks are on little kids.

Nice pooch but be good now I am just passing through.
I noticed the first one on the list was a Doberman. A Doberman bit my youngest son when he was about 8. I was home when that happened. That was the last thing that dog did.

I've always wanted a wolf hybrid. But it's just to risky in a neighborhood situation.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #15
Stalky

Our best,most protective,loving girl was a Rottweiler,Chow and Coyote mix.
Had a miniature rabbit for a friend.
Friggin rabbit curled up against her belly to keep warm in the winter by the woodstove.
Any stranger pulled up in the yard she jumped out the window and just looked at them till they left.
Used to take her to town at the drive thru. Order her a couple cheese burgers plain while getting me one with mayo. Hers were free,not mine.
She passed facing down the driveway waiting on me to come home one evening.
All the family loved Pooh Bear. Hold a piece of food in your lips? You couldn't feel her getting it.
Lay a piece of hamburger on the corner of the table and say here Pooh. She just walked over and tilted her head it was gone.
Buried her in Franklin county Virginia.
I said a few words and cried like I lost a child. I wasn't the only one.