Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Prayer Request

Please pray for my little brother. He's in the hospital again after getting his gall bladder out last week.

He had to take an ambulance from home after extreme pain in his guts, which was caused by bile leaking. Then docs found cancer in his upper colon, pancreas, and liver. Not sure just how bad it is, yet. I'm still waiting on more info, but it looks like I may be making a quick trip down to Houston in the next day or so.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
55chevy

Prayers sent!
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

Oh shit, that doesn't sound good. Let's hope for the best, nowadays they do marvels in the medical field. I'll talk to the Boss, today is Yom Kippur, He's listening.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
kostner

Prayers sent!
kostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #5
slug

He will be in my prayers
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Lots of prayers on the way for little brother.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
RTO

Prayers sent for your brother, Sanders.

I have been going through some of those ailments this year. His time in SE Asia make be the cause of some of his problems. Liver flukes and dioxin comes to mind.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
Sanders

Thanks for the prayers, guys.

I'm in Houston right now, and my brother was sent home to get some strength back.

Looks like the cancer is on his pancreas and it has some fingers that go from it and wrap around an artery and are squeezing it. They are calling it stage 3. The docs want him to get his strength back before they hit it with a high dose of chemo to try and shrink it. Otherwise, they can't operate on it where it is.

I'm not going to have time to visit with the members in the area while I'm here. Maybe next time around.

Please keep up the prayers - they are much appreciated.

And yes, he suspects it may have had to do with his time in SE Asia - especially the dioxin angle.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Lawmakers May Extend Agent Orange Benefits to 'Blue Water' Navy Vets

Lawmakers are resuming an effort that stalled in November to extend health benefits to about 90,000 sailors who served in Vietnam and were potentially exposed to Agent Orange.
Rep. Phil Roe, R-Tenn., chairman of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs, introduced a reworked bill Friday that now includes a method to pay for extending Agent Orange benefits to Vietnam War veterans who were located on ships off the Vietnamese coast, known as "Blue Water" sailors.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...navy-vets.html

Sanders I pray your brother gets healthy. Please sit down with a good competent Vets Service Officer near you and find out what benefits your brother may have available?
Google and check what is going on with those U.S. Navy vets? The U.S. Navy River Rats and carrier troops were soaked in that crap.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
Sanders

Hey 4th - he wasn't over there as a military man.

He was a contractor working for USAID in Da Nang.

I'm back from Houston. Went over there to see how he was doing, and was able to take care of some repairs and chores around his house for him, so he won't have to worry about them.

He got the drain out of his side, but is still hurting pretty bad. They gave him some better drugs, but he doesn't like taking them because of how woozy they make him feel.

They rescheduled his chemo treatment. I don't know when that's supposed to happen now.

Lots of folks praying for him. Every single prayer is much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #11
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

I'm assuming that your brother is at MD Anderson, Sanders...probably the best cancer
treatment facility in the country.

But even they need help from a Higher Authority, so your brother is in our prayers and
those on our church's prayer list.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #12
slug

Keep US updated Sir...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:36 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Hey 4th - he wasn't over there as a military man.

He was a contractor working for USAID in Da Nang.

I'm back from Houston. Went over there to see how he was doing, and was able to take care of some repairs and chores around his house for him, so he won't have to worry about them.

He got the drain out of his side, but is still hurting pretty bad. They gave him some better drugs, but he doesn't like taking them because of how woozy they make him feel.

They rescheduled his chemo treatment. I don't know when that's supposed to happen now.

Lots of folks praying for him. Every single prayer is much appreciated.
Geez sorry Sanders just got back to this link. Hope all is well for your brother? I could write you a book on that agent orange it just killed my neighbor and good 25th Inf. Nam vet friend.
It killed to many of my good Nam vet friends and is continuing to kill the poor Vietnamese kids who had NOTHING to do with the war. May those in our govt. who knew what they were soaking the country and future generations with have karma visit them every day of their lives. Bastards
Old 10-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #14
Sanders

He should be at MD Anderson, but he isn't - his choice. If it were me, I would have told the docs to wheel me over as soon as they gave me their diagnosis.

He got his first dose of chemo on Wednesday. Apparently, he reacted in a way the docs have never seen before. So they juiced him again and got an even worse reaction. I talked to him this morning and all he could tell me was that he was hurting bad and couldn't talk because he had to keep getting up and running to the bathroom.

I think he is at home right now - we didn't talk long enough to find out.

Mom told me a friend of his is going to move in with him for a month to teach him and his wife how to shop and cook for cancer. The friend is taking care of his daughter, who has cancer and has a lot of knowledge on how to fight this.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #15
4thIDvet
slug

http://cybersarges.tripod.com/aospraymap.html

Sander it is water over the damn but here is a map of the hot spots for that damn agent orange spray. By an act of God I was north of Dak To and I think? was also?
I saw very very little of it as they would have been wasting money where we were in the high mountains. My 4th Bro RTO has a few health problems now as he was a bit south of me and in II Corps A.O. with heavy spraying.

ADD: Googling agent orange in Nam will tell you it is still a SERIOUS problem for tourists. Be careful where you walk eat or drink.