Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 09-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
baboon
slug

Default Hog hunting

Well my buddy needs to dig a 300 foot water line @ his place in Palestine & his brother is claiming they got hogs on the game cams. Looks like I'm going to be beat. Get up @ 2AM, work until 1:30, 3.5 hour drive (I hope I can sleep) get set up @ another friends, do dinner then get set up for the hogs. My plan would be just cut out the loins. Hopefully we get multiples. I guess they are eat all the cattle's protein pellets as there aint nothing else for them to eat.

Temps should be in the high 90's if not 100 there. Soil is suppose to be sandy & we are going to try & use the tractor to break it. I hope my fat ass don't crap out in the heat
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Default boon.

Guess you guys in Texas are having major problems with the hogs.
North Florida also.
Down here, no restrictions on shooting them on private land.
They stay away from our small village in the forest here.
Not really any food farms here for them too tear up.
But the forest is loaded with them.
Their getting bigger and bigger as they mix with domestic hogs.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Take a few politicians with you, to bait the damned hogs.

Be sure they eat ALL the bait, before shooting them.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Railbuggy

My ship ported in Izmir,Turkey in 75.Ten dollars must have been a lot of money back then,but that is what they charged for a wild boar hunt.They supplyed the shotgun.USS Littlerock,ComSixthFleet.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Shoot one for me, Boon. I ALWAYS wanted to hunt hogs and never got to do it. And don't you dare come back w/o pictures.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
baboon
slug

Well I know Desert Rat has been eager for a after hunt break done, so here it is.

Got up @ 2:00 am for work that morning. My buddy was calling me before I even got off work rushing me. I get home & his impatient ass is hounding me out the door. He wants to use my chain saw which he is the only one I would lend it to, but forgets the chain oil. I gorget my rifle sling. He needs gas I need food as all I have had was a couple of left over pan cakes 10 hours earlier. Subway closest sou i choke down one of their foot longs & their craptastic iced tea.

On the road out of Houston we hit snags in traffic. 12 hours into my day we stop @ Buc-ee's and I grab a large coffee & dump 3-4 of these expresso shots into it as I'm felling tired. I normally drink coffee when I get up only & this cup was a mistake. We roll into his place around 5:30 & get to his blind @ 6. He's got a big blind, but only one chair in it. It's a nice office chair on wheels, but the blind aint level & no carpet. He gives me the office chair & he takes a to short folding POS chinese chair. I'm rolling forward & have to hold myself in place. He's just screw being to low. I forgot my binoculars & should of brought my .308 instead of the .300 Whisper.

He spots a coyote first 350 yards off. next the does start grazing the pasture. There are 5 of them which I can't really see for the lay out of his gun ports/windows (I would of made them bigger.) As he is watching the does out come the hogs. 12-13 of them big sows young boars & a shit load of little ones. The adults go right to his feeder & start eating corn & protein pellets. This is pissing Leon off because of the cost of feed that he buys for the deer. Leon is a whitetail crazy kind of guy.

I slowly easy the Whisper out the tiny window so I can use me scope to see the hogs better. Range to them is 150-170 yards & I set the whisper up as a 100 yard gun with the scope & 50 yards with the Aimpoint for night vision.
We decide to take our shots him with pig to the left mine to the right. Leon wants to do a 3 count. He starts counts & stops as his window & rifle aint lining up for a shot on his low chair. This goes on for about ten minutes. Then I hear him doing some deep breathing so I figure it's about time. He pulls his shot off @ about 2 3/4 instead of 3 & my shot hits the gristle plate on my hog. As they start to scurry I start picking up other running hogs. I dump 4 shots him 2.

We aint got nothing on the ground. So we take the walk over That coffee & Subway had been gurgling in my guts for the last hour & a half. I feel like I'm going to shit myself as we walk over. A nice big fresh pile of shit where my first shot hit the hog but no blood. I'm thinking the subsonic 220 grain bullet did not penetrate. Leon a very sparse blood where his hog was. I walk over to where my running shot was & there is a good splatter leading into some thick shit that the came from & went back into. Their trails are the kind you would need to crawl in on. Fuck that!!

We check another pasture & as we come back past were I turned the running hog into the briars you can hear something in it's death rattle.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Did you ever take a shit and get a nap?
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

The famous old tiger hunter, Jim Corbett, had a technique for wounded tiger lurking in impossible thicket. He would get situated outside and above the area and then start methodically raking the place with his 12 ga and 00 buck. When he got close to tiger, there would be growls. If he produced no growls, he would screw up his crazy British courage and go into the thicket......assuming the tiger had expired.

Can't see why some variation of this wouldn't work with hogs. Should drive the bastard out if he can motivate at all. But then I'm gambling with your ass and not mine.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Did you ever take a shit and get a nap?
After blowing off the dying hog we decided it was time to get some grub. Palestine aint known for it's fine dinning. We end up at this place & I head to the shitter. I'll be mother fucked & go to hell if someone had not shit all over the place. I tell the hostess to get me the manager. This halfwit comes over & I tell him someone defiled the mens room & it was in need of cleaning. I get a blank stare & no answer back. I give it 5 minutes & head over there again & someone comes out gagging warning me I don't want to go in there. Foods been ordered & I'm like fuck this place lets bail I got to shit. Leon says we can't do that so he tells the manager. Another 5 minutes later I try again. It's 3X worse then the first time. We eat it sucked!

We got over to our buddy Ralph's around 9:30. First stop was the shitter. About 10: I said I'm hitting the hay. My dedicated room @ Ralph's is the meat processing room. (It was a deck that got enclosed beer cooler, deep freeze, sink, butcher block & my cot) I generally sleep great up @ Ralph's, this time he got a new rat terrier puppy that cried all night + it was actually so cool up their I was cold, so I did not sleep very good. Next morning I got up @ 4:30 when Leon was making noise getting ready.

We left Ralph's @ 5:00 am got some gas station coffee & package donuts. Went to Walmart & leon bought a stool. We were in the blind @ 5:30. I forgot the 3X magnifier for the night vision. Seen one hod in the dark feeding but it was to dark to take the shot. We sat in the blind until 7:15.

One of the main reasons for the trip was to run a water line. We dug up @ the meter & found the old water line to the old house. Cleared a path thru the debris in the pasture so we could run a single plow for the new line. This is were the trip went to shit. Someone took the plow.

There was another one there but it was all fucked up. His cousins tore up 2 new tractors on the place. this plow might of been what the used to tear them up. I'll be honest I aint no farm hand & tractors & plows are out of my comprehension. For some reason this plow wouldn't mount on the tractor. So Leon has an idea on how to fix it. Needless to say we spent the rest of the day until we left around 5:30 dicking with this bent up broke POS.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Gus

Other then that how was the hog hunting?
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Other then that how was the hog hunting?
A crap hunt beats the shit out of a good day of work IMHO.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

For 300 feet I would probably rent a ditcher. But then again you don't have to go as deep as we do here.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #13
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

You forget, Pogo, that about the only reason to bury a line where Boon lives is to prevent yourself tripping over it. 6" deep will do as good as 6 feet.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:00 AM   #14
baboon
slug

9-14 inches is all they are generally buried.

This piece of property is a cluster fuck of relatives. 350 some acres with hard telling how many kin folk involved. My buddy Leon his dad & brother are in on their share. The father does not want to spend any money. Leon bought a new tractor & started talking of a cabin. Right away his brother says house & gets the mother convinced a big house. The brother does not do anything unless it will profit him.

There is a steam train that cuts thru the property with the depot just off the property. The brother is talking bed & breakfast for the big house, but telling mom big house for the family to gather at.

My buddy Leon is getting fed up as everyone wants to benefit from what he wants to do, but no one wants to come out of pocket. The brother is into the parents $60K & just went bankrupt. The parents are retired. Leon makes good money as an offshore driller, but his wife & kids spend it faster then he makes it.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #15
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Sounds like Leon needs his own piece of property.