Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #16
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives
Did you check the friction ring assembly in the recoil mechanism.?

If it kicks that much it's either extemly worn or (most likely, as in 80% of those you see), installed backwards for the shells you're using. Most folks don't know about that.

One way for light loads, the other way for full power loads.

Recoil shouldn't be all that bad, but that 'double shuffle' of the action sure throws you off 'til you get used to it.

Great Gun, family treasure just makes it better!

Regards,
I honestly don't know how it's facing. It's been a while since I've had it out. I think a good oiling is due.

It's the one my brother got arrested with defending himself from a couple drunks, and I had to retrieve it from the police station evidence locker after the charges against him were dropped. I swear they kept a humidifier on it while it was in there.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #17
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

The Remington like you have has an interesting history. Browning sued Remington and forced them to discontinue the design because of patent infringement. The ones that got out before Remington stopped making them bring a good selling price.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
bounce
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
The Remington M11 is the same critter...I'm not letting mine go. It was a WW2 veteran, and then carried by my great Uncle in the Korean War.

It's an interesting piece. It has the engraved hunting scene on the receiver and the flaming bomb on the barrel. That's how the government bought them and sent them to war. Somewhere along the way, somebody put a polychoke on the barrel.

Kicks like a friggin mule, though.
neato!

I've just inherited a 20 gauge Model 11 remington...from my dad who got it from my great uncle Kelly who was at Pelileu in WWII. It has a choke on it as well....I'll post pics when I can.... Also got a Mo-skeet-o .22lr pump....had to go to wally world and buy some CCI shot shells to use in it...if I'm correct in the right type of ammo to use for it...
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #19
ATD

back onto topic :P, I have a Saiga-12, converted to pistol grip, with the MD-20 Twenty round drum, and a handfull of keepshooting.coms 5rnd mags. that thing is a hoot to shoot. Mine is the 22inch barrel with a full choke, when pitching clays in the back yard its not uncommon to hit two clays twice with that gun. I've taken it dove and pheasant hunting and taken game every time with it. And there is nothing quite like bumpfireing a 12 guage. I'd almost bet I could get more than 5 shells in the air with mine.
ATD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD
back onto topic :P, I have a Saiga-12, converted to pistol grip, with the MD-20 Twenty round drum, and a handfull of keepshooting.coms 5rnd mags. that thing is a hoot to shoot. Mine is the 22inch barrel with a full choke, when pitching clays in the back yard its not uncommon to hit two clays twice with that gun. I've taken it dove and pheasant hunting and taken game every time with it. And there is nothing quite like bumpfireing a 12 guage. I'd almost bet I could get more than 5 shells in the air with mine.
Yes you can!

The five rounds applies ony to the original factory magazines, that little booger cycles fast!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
buzgun
slug

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD
How does the MD-20 drum function?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #22
ATD

I haven't had any troubles with it so far, but then I haven't tried very much in it yet either. the maker has said it has some issues with high brass shells and has figured out how to fix it and is going to be fixing the drums as soon as he gets the new bodies made. but so far it works great with the walmart value packs of bird shot.
ATD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Got one on order from Cadiz Gun Works in OH. the No-bama special Tom Cole has running for $666. It's "converted" back to pistol grip/standard stock/G2 trigger group with all Tapco parts. They will be taking orders until Nov 22 or 100 orders are reached. Their phone number is 740-942-3

Here is the link:http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=30842

I do not work for Cadiz Gun Works, their subsidiaries, or Saiga12.com.
edited to add disclaimer
Havoc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #24
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
I still want a Browning Auto 5. That was a mechanical work of art by the genius of John Browning. Most are either rather beat up, or in the hands of someone who isn't about to let theirs go, or are selling for a bunch of money though.

I've been watching GunBroker and I spotted a couple last night I might bid on.

That's a damn good shotgun and many were used in WW2 especially the PTO.Soldiers liked them a lot.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #25
DorGunR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives
Did you check the friction ring assembly in the recoil mechanism.?

If it kicks that much it's either extemly worn or (most likely, as in 80% of those you see), installed backwards for the shells you're using. Most folks don't know about that.

One way for light loads, the other way for full power loads.

Recoil shouldn't be all that bad, but that 'double shuffle' of the action sure throws you off 'til you get used to it.

Great Gun, family treasure just makes it better!

Regards,
I gave my pristine Browning A5 to SP, its still in good hands with him.
DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #26
buzgun
slug

gun

It occurred to me when i loaded the SAIGA 12 with a 10 round mag full of 00 and no.4 buck and rapid fired the entire magazine into a pond at the skeet range last Sunday that this Hi-cap shotgun is deadlier than ANY class 3 FA sub machine gun

For about 3 seconds all the watter in the pond was 6-8ft. in the air

I am VERY pleased with it
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #27
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun
It occurred to me when i loaded the SAIGA 12 with a 10 round mag full of 00 and no.4 buck and rapid fired the entire magazine into a pond at the skeet range last Sunday that this Hi-cap shotgun is deadlier than ANY class 3 FA sub machine gun

Ahhh So!

It is in this manner that we gain wisdom grasshopper!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #28
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun

That is why I have said so many times that the US Army should ditch the assault weapon idea and equip a large part of every squad with shotguns.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
DorGunR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
That is why I have said so many times that the US Army should ditch the assault weapon idea and equip a large part of every squad with shotguns.
As you know a lot of guys walking point in Nam carried shotguns.
DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote