Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klauss View Post
When I went out with my dad as a kid he always had something, every couple of years he would end up killing a rabid stray dog. Never went out without something
Maybe not rabid, but in the southern half of WI. feral dog packs are likely to be the most common danger you'll encounter (Well. assuming you stay away from 3rd street througth 38th north of the freeway and 7th and National in Milwaukee)

Not always feral either, farm dogs that run loose will pack up too.

Three or more and you get pack behavior, no matter where they live.

And "Spot", "Duke" and "Clarence" cam be very dangerous once they exhibit pack behavior.

And the way I was brought up, ANY dog that bites, runs livestock or deer is a dead dog, regardless of who he belongs to.

Regards.
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
Sanders

I never step out into the food chain without the means to remain at the top of it.

Like has been mentioned above, I'm more concerned with feral two-legged creatures than the four. But feral dogs are a close second.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #18
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

I always carried something. Never did it because I thought something was going to jump my raggedy butt but with the expectation I would encounter something needing a little help from this world to the next, i.e. skunk, rattler, buzzard, etc. Usually I did indeed stumble on such a critter.

And sometimes you just round a corner and find a virgin can 25 yds ahead of you. (Duty bound to blow hell out of it.)

Usual gun was almost always pistol.

And I had a small squad of "outside cats" that took keen interest in my welfare. I almost always had a couple of them running ahead, circling back or walking beside me. They were good for 150 yds before they decided I was crazy to expend so much energy for nothing and then they'd go back to the house. Often one would collapse in front of me and demand to be carried. So I'd pitch him over my shoulders like a fox shawl. They were very good at lying there and keeping one eye open.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
Glock AK47son
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfire View Post
When you're out in the country, you become part of the food chain.
Rule the food chain, pack an AK47 or at least a Draco with a Vortex.
Glock AK47son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
remus

Sadly, anywhere in the US, whether in the wilds or the towns and cities, a person is damn near stupid not to have a gun along. Maybe a larger caliber in the wilds for bears or cats or whatever, even people. I do give more attention to people than any critter. People are just generally meaner. Most problems I've had are with people, damn few with critters of any kind. I never am further away than about ten feet from a rifle or pistol even at home or in the yard. Just too many wierd ass sonsabitches runnin around in the world.

I choose not to be a victim of a critter or a two legged critter. I don't give a shit what the laws are.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
SIXPACK
RIP America 1776-2012

Always have a side arm, be it in the woods or the jungle (concrete).

Peaceful, but prepared.

........ "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be
disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The
supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the
sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and
constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can
be, on any pretense, raised in the United States."

...........................Noah Webster, 1787
SIXPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #22
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest
Disc Dash Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Railway Line Champion

I carry a gun when I'm shopping for groceries, of courde I have one on the woods.
TinmanIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Thaddius Bickerton

24/7 (even in the shower I have a handgun in a couple ziplocks right at hand). Of course I carry in the woods.

III
Thaddius Bickerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddius Bickerton View Post
24/7 (even in the shower I have a handgun in a couple ziplocks right at hand). Of course I carry in the woods.
New wife: "Do you know you have a gun in the bathroom?"

Me: "Yes, that's where I keep it."

Her: "Won't it rust?"

Me: "It's stainless steel."
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #25
gunkgy

Of course I do...... A ranger is to heavy.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #26
p-38

Have ran into bears yote hunting, very close some, walked up on the big old black bear last year. He just looked a turned and walked away, I hit a knee and pointed the ol .308 at him, I think he thought it was funny as he just staired at me. This year for the first time while scouting around one of my feilds, a lone yote (maybe not lone but he was all I saw) saw me, so not shoot and to get be better angle to shoot I started to walk slightly away. When he saw that, it looked to be a smile on his face with tounge hanging out, he went on a dead run to me. Too close for my scope I pulled my Dan Wesson, have never had to do this before. A young cop a the gun shop wouldn't believe me saying he had to see it to believe it. I wnna stick him out there with a lamb chope in the middle of the night to see if he believed me then.
p-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I used a 375 H&H on a coyote one day.
On a ranch road, had several rifles with me for varmint hunting.
The Ruger #1 just happened to be closest at hand.
Popped the old pickup out of gear and it coasted to a stop.
Mr. coyote was eating a kill, of some kind.
Raised his head an looked straight at me.
The round went in under both eyes, followed under the spine and blew out his asshole.

Yep, it was one of those VERY extreme range shots.

Maybe all of 30 yards.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
Bluntforce
slug

I've gotten to where I always have an AK or AR when I'm out, on foot or in the vehicle. The land is lousy with skunks and raccoons this year. Every other mile on the road you smell skunk spray or see a FAT coon carcass.

I don't want to encounter either one of those damn things w/o something that will stop it instantly. I don't want sprayed or bit by a rabid skunk or end up wrestling a raccoon and no one has rid us of that cougar that was stalking my neighbor three years ago.

A .40 isn't going to cut it.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #29
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

No, I only carry a copy of Al Gores "Earth in the Balance" for my protection.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #30
Railbuggy

Cincinnati has 45% nigerow population and is among the 25 most dangerous citys in America to live in.I don't leave home without something in my pocket.