Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #31
Rick in NY
Resident Nuisance

Went to a gunshow in Rochester over the weekend. Cheapest Mosin I saw there was $130... Prices on nearly everything was high.

I bought a new bipod and a scope mount for an old Savage.

Saw one Hakim there, poor condition, partly because of the crappy refinishing job someone did to it. No way was I going to cough up $600 for it either.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #32
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I went to a show here Saturday. There were a few 91/30s for $110 which is the usual gun show price for them. Got a two-cavity Lee mold for .38s and the last two remaining bandoleers of 8mm Turkish. That was the only 8mm that I saw at the whole show. I think it's pretty much gone the way of the 7.62 Tok.
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #33
Rick in NY
Resident Nuisance

Yeah, saw a little 8mm at the show, didn't buy any of it. Since I've gotten myself tooled up for reloading for my Hakim, I've found I like not having to strip it completely down and wash all the salts form the corrosive primers out. Maybe I'm obsessive about that, but then again, my rifle isn't a rusty mess either...
Rick in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #34
nutinauniversalshell
Penguin Pass Champion

A couple more before the craving subsides?....If only.

I got another yesterday....23? now I think. Romy M44 mostly matching but Hungarian bolt and rear sight. Pretty nice on the outside and great bore.

I shouldn't have done it, but I couldnt resist
Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #35
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

I don't have the Mosin addiction, but I do have one. It's a 1942 Russian 91/30 that was packed in cosmoline when I bought it.

Cleaned it up, lubed it up, shot about 100 rounds through it, then cleaned it again. Haven't shot it since.

It came with everything in the pic. Fun rifle and cheap to shoot!

Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #36
Rew

Plan on getting a 91/30 just because . Have a 38 and a 44 just figured I'd get a longer one. Besides, I like the bayonet.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #37
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Ya can't really go wrong Rew....

Only thing is, maybe a little less of a fireball when fired....

Fun rifles! Wish I had picked up some years ago!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #38
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

I have several, one being a 1938 91/30 that I bought as just a barreled action that ended up a complete rifle, minus stock in beautiful condition. All I need is a stock and forearm and bayonette and it's complete. I also have three M44s; Russian and Romanian, and a Finn M28 that I picked up from a pawn shop for $50.

Oh, I also have a really short-barreled M44 that someone cut down that I'm putting in a Bishop stock.

"It is inexcusable that 4 million NRA members bear the weight for 80 million gun owners and 20 million hunters." - John C. Sigler

Working on a classic Trans Am gives you license to tell your wife, "Shut your pie hole, I'm going to work on the Bandit!"
Gewehrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

M38 + one round Polish LPS, loaded first + four rounds of 46gr Czech training ammunition + brother shooting it = hilarious.

Four rounds - "this thing doesn't kick at all". Fifth round - BOOM-Kick - "Holy Crap!@"

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #40
bounce
Senile Member

cruel and unusuall!

I think the mosin fever broke with my last purchase...they're in here somewhere.... took the mosins for a walk today and then their crown/barrel/bolt Spring remoil Spray

now all that's left to do is find which ones shoot the best.... accurize the others to see if possible, scope a few with my scopes and mounts awaiting, grow old shooting at range
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
AKWARRIOR
Gone

I have enough of em.I like my 91/59 best.,

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #42
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutinauniversalshell View Post
So today I let a nice piece go for MUCH less than I should have. Why? Because at the gun show I had spend $110 of the $210 cash I had on a Hungarian M44, and there was a matching and MINTY Russian 1946 M44 walking around (that I knew I could have for $150).

I did restrain long enough that the Springfield M6 Scout 22/410 made one full loop around the show....starting at $700 and dropping to $600 with make me an offer always added on the end. *I thought it was a neat gun but didn't really enjoy having it so I was going to let it go at some point.* Well, 2/3 the way through, someone I knew (not a real friend, but one of those people who deal with you and vice versa because you have known each other a long while)...anyway, he offered $450 cash. I returned and accepted $420 cash plus 2 boxes of Fiocchi 9X18 (I turned $60 or more off the gun, but still not the $700 they seems to go for these days).....

Wow, I didn't realize that they had increased that much. I believe I gave $165 for mine.

I've had people offer me a sizable amount of money for mine, but nothing like that. I still wouldn't sell it though - it's mine! I regret selling some of the guns I owned in the past. Most remembered was a Colt Diamondback, a Colt Cobra, and a mint condition 1891 Argentine Mauser that I sold. It ain't a gonna happen again unless I go broke.

I do have 6 or 7 Mosins, including a mint M44. That M44 kicks like a mule.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
Enforcer

I've had it since seeing the movie "Battleship Potemkin" and the scene on the Odessa steps.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #44
nutinauniversalshell
Penguin Pass Champion

The M44s and 2 Finnish M91s. Gun rack in progress still....functional but more to do.
nutinauniversalshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #45
bounce
Senile Member

very nice
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote