Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #16
buzgun
slug

I soaked it in wd40 and then hit it a few times with a wood block and it came apart pretty easily
Old 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #17
JD Miller
Fake Member

I like Kroil
Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #18
buzgun
slug

I reloaded my first 50 rounds.......very happy to start this again after a looooong hiatus.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #19
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Good man buz that is lookin good.
I just got a .45 Colt carbide dye set I have to reload some shells.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #20
buzgun
slug

Old 12-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #21
buzgun
slug

Im off to a slow start on this....the reason is because of the 45. Colt reloading dies i have........i bought them off Egay for $20......they are RCBS carbide .45 Colt reloading dies but they were made in 1977 and are unlike any reloading dies i have used before........first off when i went to decap my fired brass it felt incredibly easy to re-size the fired and expanded brass......this is because on these old reloading dies dont re-size in the decaping die.........the procedure with these dies are first you resize the brass with a die that has a open threaded top with nothing inside it, then you de-cap and at the same time the decapping die flares the mouth of the brass to accept the bullet......then you seat the bullet with a die that seats and crimps all in one......this was very confusing to me because every other set of reloading dies i have ever used resized the brass with the decapping die.

Anyway i did some research and found out that RCBS stamps the year date of manufacture on their dies and sure enough the dies i bought are old as fuck and i don't have a problem using them...i just had to figure out if they were broken/parts missing or if i was doing something wrong which turned out to be the case.

Anyway these dies i bought were never used because they were clean as a whistle and the locking rings were never even tightened down..........so i feel like a dumbass because i was stumbling around trying to figure out what the fuck was wrong.

Anyway..i figured it out and the only thing im not confident about is if i put too much crimp on these......my reloads fit inside the cylinders of my revolvers no problem but the issue is i get a very tiny ring of shaved brass off these when i crimp them.

Anyway i bought 4 different factory .45 colt brands of ammo and its amazing how much factory brass differs in dimensions from one company to the other........Western brand brass doesn't fit into my lee #11 shell holder.....so i had to use a shell holder made for 44-40 WCF to put the primers in the western brand brass.

Here is the load i started with : 250 grain old west .45 Colt flat point bullet with a charge of Unique powder that should give me approx. 800 fps and winchester large pistol primers......i went to bass pro shop looking for black powder but all they had was Pyrodex and i hear its even dirtier than black powder so i didn't buy any.

4th..Im very interested in your loads when you start up please keep me posted.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #22
buzgun
slug

Here is the finished product........im crimping right at the top of the bullets crimping groove but i keep getting these tiny brass ring shavings from the crimp.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #23
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

That is way to much crimp. I don't use that much on heavy magnum loads.
You wont get many loading's with that brass.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #24
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
That is way to much crimp. I don't use that much on heavy magnum loads.
You wont get many loading's with that brass.
Thanks ....i suspected as much.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #25
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I agree with Driswalds, you're putting a lot more crimp than you need.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #26
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I agree, almost no crimp is necessary.
Same goes for flaring out the brass, belling the mouth.
Both processes, in the extreme will shorten brass life to almost nothing.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #27
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
I agree, almost no crimp is necessary.
Same goes for flaring out the brass, belling the mouth.
Both processes, in the extreme will shorten brass life to almost nothing.
I fixed the problem and just got reloading 50 more
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #28
4thIDvet
slug

Question

buz I am a bit confused on the black powder? Is your pistol made to shoot black powder or are you just doing that for the fun of shooting the stuff?
I use the Lee loader plates for different dyes and once their set I just pop the plate off and off to the next caliber. Single stage is good but it makes life so much easier with the set plates.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #29
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
buz I am a bit confused on the black powder? Is your pistol made to shoot black powder or are you just doing that for the fun of shooting the stuff?
I use the Lee loader plates for different dyes and once their set I just pop the plate off and off to the next caliber. Single stage is good but it makes life so much easier with the set plates.

4th, im just wanting to load black powder for the fun of it.......the loads i made up today and yesterday were with smokeless Unique powder....Im having trouble finding real black powder.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #30
4thIDvet
slug

Default Here yah go buz a bit of a read but interesting.

What is the Difference between Black, Pyrodex, Triple Seven, and Smokeless Powders?

http://www.chuckhawks.com/difference_black_powders.htm
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote