Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #16
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
I've got7 or 8 uppers and 5 lowers I've put together with all kinds of parts and they have all worked over the years. Real mis mash guns. I don't plan going to war with them so they don't have to be mil spec, whatever that means. They do everything I expect them to do and I've had very few problems with any of them. Mags are a little different on occasion.
Five P-mags would be better spent money, When I’m not using earplugs I don’t hear the mouth harp effect anyway. I don’t expect to live through my inevitable redflagging. I’m trying to talk myself out of flushing the money on this now...unless I talk myself into building a new lower but you have extra uppers not extra lowers.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #17
remus

I like uppers with different calibers. Switchem around now and then.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:19 PM   #18
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

Just ordered new trigger, SLT-1 (already had the safety), strike industries ambi mag release, strike industries latchless charging handle (a particularly poor choice if going suppressed) a Vikings Tactics sling and a couple Magpul parts to attach it to the Magpul hand guard.

I decided to leave the buffer/spring alone for now. I think I’ll get a five pack of Magpul Gen IIs from Brownells instead.

Didn’t order a Holosun optic because they are reputed to return to the West (that’s a poetic chink saying for eating that big dragon weinie in the sky) after only a year.

Ordered this crap from Optics Planet because they had all these turds in one pile. They’re in a Chicago suburb. Think I’ll ever see any of this shit?

Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #19
4thIDvet
slug

Question Mil-Spec.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
I've got7 or 8 uppers and 5 lowers I've put together with all kinds of parts and they have all worked over the years. Real mis mash guns. I don't plan going to war with them so they don't have to be mil spec, whatever that means. They do everything I expect them to do and I've had very few problems with any of them. Mags are a little different on occasion.
Govt. hands out certain tolerances for a particular part they need to order in bulk. Suppliers fight to be the lowest bidder.
They win the bid. Troops get the item and it don't work for sheet. Company notes Mil-Spec when we purchase on the civilian market.
Like which company gave the biggest envelope $$ to the govt. purchasing agent.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:11 AM   #20
belt-fed

go with a adjustable gas block too fine tune your ar you have too with cans
for the most part heavy buffers up too 12oz are for pistol cal ar's too slow down the
bolt most them are blow back not all I do have 45 cal ar that dose have gas tube the lower
use m3 mags
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:52 AM   #21
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by belt-fed View Post
go with a adjustable gas block too fine tune your ar you have too with cans
for the most part heavy buffers up too 12oz are for pistol cal ar's too slow down the
bolt most them are blow back not all I do have 45 cal ar that dose have gas tube the lower
use m3 mags

This generation of the US CAV/GWACS/CAV MK III has a widened mag well for just that.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:34 PM   #22
belt-fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post

This generation of the US CAV/GWACS/CAV MK III has a widened mag well for just that.
I have the part for those lower for mag well so that you use the m3 mags the stoped making the lowers befor I could get one
Old 06-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #23
belt-fed

the gas 45 ar that I is from Bazooka brothers
Old 06-16-2020, 11:02 PM   #24
Bluntforce
slug

I was wrong, (as I am about a third of the time) you can take apart the Armaspec captive buffer spring and change the weights if you have them and want to. According to Brownell’s technical videos the two parts that wear out on an AR are the piston rings and the buffer spring. I can use that as an excuse to justify the frivolous purchase of a captive buffer spring so I can use my present one as a back up.

Btw. I was able to remove the GI trigger group without removing the safety and install the SLT-1 by sliding it under the safety and down, saving me the wrestling of the safety spring and detent into place under the safety like I did three years ago when I installed the KE Arms safety.