Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:44 AM   #1
A.J.
Dud

Default Do dogs have souls?

Hey Chaplain,

My wife and I have fond memories of all our deceased dogs. Not a week goes by that we don't bring up the name of one our deceased "kids". I think we'll see them again. What's your opinion?
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:12 AM   #2
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Its a good question I have often pondered on. There is no straight answer in the bible & that is the source of what we can truly build our claim on.

Solomon didn't know & he was the wisest man who ever lived outside of our Lord Jesus. He put it this way:

Ecc 3:21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"

Another thought I had was based on a scripture in Genesis:

Gen 9:5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.

We know that there can be judgments of God in this life but ultimately the final reckoning is on the other side of the grave. If God will require an accounting from an animal that kills a man then perhaps it is their soul that will answer. Who knows?

If a bad animal will be judged, possibly good ones will be too, if this be the case I know some "good boys" that will be well rewarded in heaven.

I like to think they will be there, cannot see why not, God when he created them said they were good & even places value on a simple sparrow so I think so but can't back it with scripture, chapter & verse unfortunately.

None the less, I look forward to seeing my good & faithful pups on the other side, I'll feel a bit ripped off if they arent waiting for me like in the "rainbow bridge" poem.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:43 AM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

According to 2000+ year old Hinduism yes. Perhaps you were a dog in a previous life, therefore your canine affinity could be justified and you can be a cow next.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
Its a good question I have often pondered on. There is no straight answer in the bible & that is the source of what we can truly build our claim on.

Solomon didn't know & he was the wisest man who ever lived outside of our Lord Jesus. He put it this way:

Ecc 3:21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"

Another thought I had was based on a scripture in Genesis:

Gen 9:5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.

We know that there can be judgments of God in this life but ultimately the final reckoning is on the other side of the grave. If God will require an accounting from an animal that kills a man then perhaps it is their soul that will answer. Who knows?

If a bad animal will be judged, possibly good ones will be too, if this be the case I know some "good boys" that will be well rewarded in heaven.

I like to think they will be there, cannot see why not, God when he created them said they were good & even places value on a simple sparrow so I think so but can't back it with scripture, chapter & verse unfortunately.

None the less, I look forward to seeing my good & faithful pups on the other side, I'll feel a bit ripped off if they arent waiting for me like in the "rainbow bridge" poem.
Interesting. Thanks for your insight.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
twin50

Well spell dog backwards there lies your answer says I...
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #6
hawksnest

Don't know if they have souls but they sure have a lot of heart.
hawksnest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:13 AM   #7
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksnest View Post
Don't know if they have souls but they sure have a lot of heart.
More than most people.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

I seen this 2 days ago, but wanted to do some more homework on it.

I had an excellent article saved that pretty much mirrored my thoughts on this, but said it way better than I ever could. However, I've misplaced the link to that article. But I found another one that's pretty good that I'll reference in a bit.

First, I agree with everything Mr. Aussie19 has spoken and I'll simply build on the foundation he started. As he stated, there is no smoking gun, black and white answer given. But here are some things to ponder.

As a kid, I always heard there will be no dogs in Heaven because they have no soul. As a kid who respected their elders, I took this as Gospel. But there's just one problem with that. It's not mentioned in the Gospel. The closest reference to anything like that would be the same mention as 19 gave in Ecclesiastes:

Ecclesiastes 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Contrary to the belief there is no soul, even this Scripture indicates their is a soul, but not one that will be saved. This view would be further strengthened by the way dogs were viewed in Biblical times. They were wild animals and viewed as unclean scavengers. Probably much in the same way we would view coyotes or wolves today. They are dog-like creatures, but not what we would consider pet material. Taking it one step further would be the Old Testament reference to dogs licking the blood of Naboth and eating the flesh of Jezebel.

1 Kings 21:19 ... And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.

1 Kings 21:23 And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

There's a couple different things going on here. In Old Testament times, touching a dead body was considered unclean. Touching blood was considered unclean. So the dogs have broken two very major rules in these passages. So how could such a filthy animal enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?

These would be the most damaging "human" arguments against seeing dogs in Heaven. But there are more things to consider. Now for the Plus side.

First, God created animals before he created people. Before the Evil One perverted the Garden, Eden was considered the most perfect paradise that could ever be experienced on this Earth. Adam walked with God daily and enjoyed the fruits of His Creation. As perfect as it was, remember that animals were created on the 5th day. Adam was created on the 6th.

Since the animals were waiting on Adam when he arrived, it's only logical to think that animals will be waiting on us. Again, not conclusive proof, but it does make you think.

Another tidbit making us think that it is possible is the vision of the great prophet Isaiah. Isaiah saw things in the future as though they had already happened. He accurately predicted the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus. He accurately predicted the ministry of Jesus. So I pay attention to the things he has said that have not yet come to light. And Isaiah said:

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

From Scriptures like these, I've always viewed the members of the Trinity as hill folks. Mountains are referenced throughout the Scriptures in a very special way. Moses went to the Mountain for the Commandments. Jesus went to the Mountain to pray and was also Transfigured on the Mountain. So many believe that Heaven will have mountains (Me, I really hope this is true ).

Just like the attitudes of people will be changed, the attitude of animals will be changed in the Lord's Holy Mountain. The popular answer would be for me to tell you yes, there will be dogs in heaven. It would be popular because that's what people want to believe. Unfortunately, I can't do that.

That being said, my personal belief is that they will. If people were half as loyal as your dog, the world would be a better place overnight. I can't see such kindness going unrewarded.

That being said, this is only my opinion. Take it for what you will.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:04 AM   #9
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Well said Dave!

Just another thought, we are a triune being, we have a body, a soul & a spirit. I dont see animals any different.

Bible says upon death, the spirit goes back to God who gave it (Ecc 12:7) the body goes into the grave & it is the soul that must be saved. Ive often heard the soul described as being our "mind, will & emotions" - the bit that makes us who we are. Ive definitely seen my pups demonstrate characteristics of mind, will & emotion so they pass the "soul test" for me on that one.

Had Eve not sinned & her husband followed, death would never had entered the picture & the creation would never have been subjected to frustration, therefore, pre fall, an animal would have lived forever. Perhaps they still will. No proof text unfortunately but just weight for my own opinion.

I sure hope they are in heaven waiting :-) Id put a few dollars on it. ;-)

"Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read"
Groucho Marx

If I was as good a man as my dogs think I am, I'd be perfect.

“To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.”

― Aldous Huxley
Old 03-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #10
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Here's a few articles that covers all of the same points I mentioned with a few more Scripture references that I didn't mention:

https://www.bible-knowledge.com/will...eaven-with-us/

https://jimdaly.focusonthefamily.com...-go-to-heaven/
Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #11
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Hey Dave, we are building a better case for the pups than there is for those snake oiler TV evangelists! I dont think there will be too many of them up there.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Hey Dave, we are building a better case for the pups than there is for those snake oiler TV evangelists! I dont think there will be too many of them up there.
The dogs won't let them in.

Dave that was very good writing even if I disagree with some of the things in the Old Testament.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #13
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Quote:
And even some local ones.

I know a few that openly preach that if you are not independently wealthy, then you have sinned and God has not Blessed you. To remedy this give me a couple of all your financial statements so we can properly calculate what your monthly tithe should be. This is the first step to finding favor with God.

The bloke got a funny look on his face when I said, Get thee behind me Satan. I was never invited to speak at his "church" again. He has since then been planted in the ground. I pray his soul found peace before his passing.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:23 AM   #14
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Dave that was very good writing even if I disagree with some of the things in the Old Testament.
I hear you and even sympathize with where you are coming from. Many things from the Old Testament bothers me too.

That being said, keep in mind a lot of Old Testament Scriptures are only reportings of things that has happened. Just like reading a newspaper. Just because the editor reports the murder that has taken place in town, does not mean that he or the newspaper supports murder. It is simply a report.

All Scripture is given for inspiration. Sometimes the best way a father can educate a son is to reveal the sins of his past, so that the son can learn and hopefully overcome. Just because the Old Testament speaks it, does not always mean it is instruction to follow, but avoidance's of lessons learned the hard way, as we read the reports of terrible mistakes that's been made.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #15
Sanders

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote