Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Sanders

pirate Finding a real barber is getting harder and harder

I like a barbershop haircut. Not one of those "hairdresser" places.

When I was younger, I used to go to the hairdresser when I wanted a boob in my face, but now all I see working them are tatted up fatties.

No, give me a real barbershop experience.

A shop with men's magazines in the rack. Leather chairs. Pictures of the Little League teams they sponsor and other manly decor and other men sitting around shooting the shit, waiting their turn. The barbershop used to be the best place to learn what was going on in the community.

Sit down in a big, heavy Koken barber chair. Regular haircut, tapered sides and back and above the ears. Listen to the buzz of the clippers as he thins the hair out, then some scissors to get the strays. Then trim the eyebrows back, which grow faster than anything else on me, lately.

Then he finishes it off with a neck shave using hot lather and a straight razor followed by a splash of Clubman's.

Now days, most barber shops are glorified "salons". They have cheap, flimsy chairs that feel like they are going to fall over when you sit down in them. They have a couple TV's going, the sound turned up so high you can't hear yourself think, let alone hold a conversation or eavesdrop on one. You might be lucky if they have something besides "Cosmo" or "O" or some other chick magazine to read. The last place I went for a haircut had what appeared to be a teenaged kid getting a haircut sitting across from me. When the haircutter (I don't call them barbers) finished up with him and took the sheet off, the "boy" stood up and had some huge tits. So, yeah, I don't care for the places that attract the butch lesbos, either.

The haircutters are no longer Veterans, who served in WW2 or Korea or Vietnam. They look more like they just got out of prison and are covered in prison tattoos. You have to explain what "tapered" means (apparently it is called a "fade"). Many of them have no idea what a pair of scissors are, and forget about a neck shave. Clubman's? They never heard of it.

My last barber said his wife was forcing him to retire - at 80 yrs old.

Lucky for me, I found a new barber today, in an old-style barbershop downtown. Life is good again.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I did go to a barber like you describe. But they were busy as heck. And they didn't make appointments. You had to go, and take your chances how long you would have to wait.

I now go to a barber shop that takes appointments. It's more upscale and costs a bit more but they give good haircuts.

I like a tapered back instead of a block. I like a nice clean haircut but not high and tight.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
slug

Sounds like the Married With Children episode...

When Al was trying to find a barber

A gal I know, that cuts my hair, quit the salon

shit years ago and got a regular job and has been

retired for quite sometime...She cuts a few guys

hair, mainly as a favor...Anyway I have been trying

to start up another shop and do Topless hair cuts...

She could make money doing that...

Edit...trying to get HER to start up

another shop...

My mind gets ahead of my typing
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
MrKalashnikov

My barber is a 74-year old immigrant named Angelo from Milano, Italy. He and his son John run the barbershop right by the train station in my town. To call him "old school" would be an understatement; he cuts my hair exactly the way I like it and just raised his price to 20 bucks.

Angelo looks & sounds like he stepped out of central casting, to be an Italian barber.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

I get a haircut free once in a while...when it's really shaggy.

Free because my wife cuts and does a damn' fine job.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
buzgun
slug

clown

the worst are those dirtbag looking fukks with the ubangi african tribesman "gauges" in their ears.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
Diesel 88888888
slug

No Commies

Can't remember my last haircut...or shave for that matter. I used to attend a barbershop, old fashioned style, in Beverly Hills when I was working for City National Bank but in those days such was expected...now it's all about providing the grand kids handles for those occasions when they simply insist upon climbing into my lap...my beard suffered greatly from this, the peyas not so much!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #8
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Sounds like the Married With Children episode...

When Al was trying to find a barber

A gal I know, that cuts my hair, quit the salon

shit years ago and got a regular job and has been

retired for quite sometime...She cuts a few guys

hair, mainly as a favor...Anyway I have been trying

to start up another shop and do Topless hair cuts...

She could make money doing that...

I went to one in Scottsdale where they wore lingerie, once. Maybe twice?

My wife came up the brilliant idea of a barber shop with good looking women wearing various sexy costumes. Have a different theme every day - like schoolgirl one day, then another day sexy librarian, athlete, cop, etc... I'd like that more than the lingerie themed shop.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #9
Sheepdawg
Salami Salami Boloney

My barbershop still has an 8 pointer on the wall and Field and Stream to read. It also has three 250 lb., 50 year old lady barbers that really know their stuff. The owner is the best in the joint and she's somewhat attractive but any of them are good. Avoid the male barber, he's terrible. Even has a barber pole outside.

From where I live you can hear the drums beatin'.
Sheepdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
Stalky

#3 stand off and get it done.
Stalky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Just had one yesterday. There is is place close to me that gives quick hair cuts for about $10, a bunch of ladies there, the one that does mine is a NY Italian middle aged woman, I'm happy with her, I get my senior discount and never have to make an appointment or wait more than five minutes. 10th haircut is free.

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #12
flashy

Use to go to a barber that gave a free beer with the wait, guy was a recovered drug addict. Make a long story short he later relapsed and ended overdosing and died.
Crazy one time I went there, a guy comes bustin in and threatens to beat the fuck out of another patron, apparently the other guy who was threatened was living with his exwife and the guy was shortly jailed for bashing his skull in. The guy who did the threats was some kind of fed, cop, or corrections officer the state police showed and didn’t do shit about it , told the other guy to leave the shop and he had a restraining order, after a talk outside beyond ear shot with the g-man.
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #13
thefundamentalist

Yep, good ole fashioned barber shops are disappearing. Along with watch repairs and cobblers - skilled craftsmen of all stripes are just not being replaced.

Pretty soon everyone's gonna be bare foot with long hair doing everything on their cellphone and.....oops, that's already here!
thefundamentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #14
Whiskeyman
Super Cracker

You guys would like my barber. Rifles on the wall, several mounts (my favorite is the black bear with the rainbow trout in it's mouth), magazines that gentleman can enjoy. A real piece of living history. Old times there are not forgotten.
Whiskeyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #15
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

Mine is nicknamed "Tarzan", and since I always get a crew cut, he's not challenged.