Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #16
rogertc1

If you look you can find a Taurus 450T which is 45Colt like I have pictured above. Light weight, same size as a 357 and ported.
rogertc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #17
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Any single action .45 Colt would be poor choice for a concealed carry gun. Very heavy, slow rate of fire and virtually no option of a reload. Also a difficult gun to conceal. Lord help the guy who "tunes" this pistol up by removing the transfer bar.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

A single action shooter would make every shot count!

Period!

If there are more than five or six bad guys, well, the single action shooter will have made his point!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:21 AM   #19
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

How about a Colt's New Service in 45 Long Colt with the hammer bobbed, the barrel docked to 2" andthe trigger guard removed at the front?
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 AM   #20
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Ain't nothing slow about single action revolvers. Watch this guy. He is shooting Ruger Vaqueros.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #21
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

That was cool!

"It is inexcusable that 4 million NRA members bear the weight for 80 million gun owners and 20 million hunters." - John C. Sigler

Working on a classic Trans Am gives you license to tell your wife, "Shut your pie hole, I'm going to work on the Bandit!"
Gewehrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
A single action shooter would make every shot count!

Period!

If there are more than five or six bad guys, well, the single action shooter will have made his point!

Yup!

That's when he holsters No. 1 and draws No. 2.

New York Reloads work everywhere, even West of the Mississippi.

Always found a Peacemaker or similar to conceal nicely if carried Mex style. Butt forward just behind the hip, cavalry draw works for me.

Carried a pair of 4 5/8 .44's that way a time or two, works fine, though I recommend suspenders to anyone considering the same.

Like 10 Bears I once upon a time thought I might do the 'fast draw' thing, but soon realized my real need was to do the 'hit what you're shooting at, then hit it again thing' as it seemed a higher priority to me.

Still hate transfer bars on handguns. SAA'a especially, rather have 5 for sure then 6 'probably' and anyone who didn't load #6 if he had any reason to expect to need it, was an idiot and too dumb to live anyhow.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #23
Rew

Well, I don't mind single action's. But I've been using them for a long time. Yes I'll draw and fire, even fan, I have put a bullet in my leg a time or two. Don't feel too good. But hey, what the hell.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
fabber39

. 45 colt revolver !!
TAURUS JUDGE W/Magnum chamber 3/ .45 colt 250gr H P's & 2/ 3" .410 #4 buck's.
now that's .45 colt revolver !!!
the fabber39
fabber39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #25
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

The .45 Colt is a fine pistol caliber and even makes a fair rifle caliber if range and trajectory aren't issues. But the breed is a little bulky and heavy to ever be considered an undercover pistol by me. Better choices available for that job. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want a .45 Colt or do I want a concealed carry pistol?" I don't see them as one and the same unless you just happen to have the sort of body that could conceal anything. If you do, then you can pick anything.

Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #26
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
The .45 Colt is a fine pistol caliber and even makes a fair rifle caliber if range and trajectory aren't issues. But the breed is a little bulky and heavy to ever be considered an undercover pistol by me. Better choices available for that job. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want a .45 Colt or do I want a concealed carry pistol?" I don't see them as one and the same unless you just happen to have the sort of body that could conceal anything. If you do, then you can pick anything.

My next CCW pistol. Although it isn't .45 Colt, it's almost there, in .44 Mag. I'll get the fine folks over at Crossbreed Holsters to make me an IWB holster for it, and it'll be good to go.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #27
rice paddy daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Ain't nothing slow about single action revolvers. Watch this guy. He is shooting Ruger Vaqueros.

YouTube- Top Gun - Fastest Cowboy Action Shooter
Those seem to be low power rounds even by cowboy action standards. I regularly get a magazine called Guns of the Old West and they did a test awhile back of some Colt clone and the ammo they used was 150 gr pills that chrono'd 500fps.
I keep Remington 255gr LRN @ 860 fps in my working revolvers, and Cor Bon +P JHP's in my sock drawer Blackhawk.
The original black powder loads from the old days were right around 1,000 fps.
rice paddy daddy is offline   Reply With Quote