Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 07-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
RetVet
Statistical Error

Default WWII bringback treasure

From my father-in-law. WWII vet recently passed away. Not sure if I posted this before, maybe somewhere else?? My memory is crap lately.

These were bring back items he wanted to stay in the family, and seeing we have the only grandkids.....
Old 07-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
slug

Very nice Sir
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

WOW! very nice!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
Sanders

Nice! Have you shot the Luger, yet?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

That is a treasure. Do you know if the SS dagger and the Luger were captured together or were they taken separately?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
That is a treasure. Do you know if the SS dagger and the Luger were captured together or were they taken separately?
Don't know. I didn't know he had these or I would have asked. He wasn't one to talk much. Haven't shot the Luger yet. He has a P-38 as well, but it wasn't stored with these, so likely just one he bought some years later. I hope to find any war trophy paperwork he may have had.

He has a lot more similar stuff that the in-laws have pretty much said are mine if I want. Of course we all know my answer to that!

No pics, but I aquired several of his civil war swords as well.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Good man RetVet good for you.
And say a thanks for your Father in Law serving during those miserable times.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:06 AM   #8
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

VERY nice pair. "My honour is loyalty".
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #9
cerberus
Dud

Truly things of beauty, RetVet.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #10
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Congratulations!

Very nice.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
dinkydow

One of my childhood buddies has two large trunks...STUFFED...with German WWII bringback stuff...Lugers, medals, daggers, hats, helmets, STUFFED. They were his Dad's WWII bringbacks. His Daddy was a tank commander with G.S.Patton's armor. His Dad passed away over twenty years ago.

Some years ago I took him in as a guest at the big OGCA show at the old GM tank plant in Cleveland...there are several "WWII German/Nazi stuff" guys that buy and sell... who set up there. He took a dagger with a blood red handle that looked like the one you posted. And a SS officers visors cap. Both of those "collectors" told us the dagger and cap were both"reproduction items" and offered a stupid low price. I recall his Father showing both of us what he had in those locked trunks when we were maybe ten years old.

I can see now how those scumbags "make" the money they do. My buddy, John, got pissed off and was starting to argue with the last guy we talked to. I told him not to bother... that the asshole was a con artist.

/

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
slug

A guy that I knew offered me two Lugers

for $100 a piece, back in the early '70's...

I knew that they were hot and I didn't

buy them...

I hate a thief, I sometimes wish

that I had a Luger ... just not those...

Funny but that thief later became a cop

and I thought about those Lugers

every time I saw him...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #13
bill3542

from what i've been told over the years many things where brought back from WWI, WWII, Korea and Nam... interesting things with the ( happy ) switch.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #14
BBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3542 View Post
from what i've been told over the years many things where brought back from WWI, WWII, Korea and Nam... interesting things with the ( happy ) switch.
And the commies in our Govt better not forget it!!
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #15
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Some years ago I took him in as a guest at the big OGCA show at the old GM tank plant in Cleveland...there are several "WWII German/Nazi stuff" guys that buy and sell... who set up there. He took a dagger with a blood red handle that looked like the one you posted. And a SS officers visors cap. Both of those "collectors" told us the dagger and cap were both"reproduction items" and offered a stupid low price. I recall his Father showing both of us what he had in those locked trunks when we were maybe ten years old.

I can see now how those scumbags "make" the money they do. My buddy, John, got pissed off and was starting to argue with the last guy we talked to. I told him not to bother... that the asshole was a con artist.

/
I went with my Dad to sell some nazi stuff that my aunt gave him after she divorced her husband for deserting her and my cousins.

He met some "collectors" who had been advertising in the paper, in their hotel room. They pulled the same thing, saying the Nazi dagger with an ivory hilt and silver braid wrap was a reproduction - but "a very good one" and gave him $50 for it. Then they gave him $25 for a Mauser bayonet w/ scabbard. Wish he would have kept that bayonet. I liked it. Dad figured they ripped him off, but he also had nothing invested in it but his time, so figured he made out all right.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote