Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Default 45 degree AR safety

I’ve been hearing 45 degree short throw AR safeties might not positively lock on fire. I just ordered a short throw safety and was wondering if there’s anything to this story.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Got it in the mail today, had a monkey fucking a football of a time getting the original out because in the futtbugly GWACS the selector spring/plunger hole is a dead end like working at McDonald’s. Then had a cat herding getting the probably too long spring depressed, it was just too happy, and got the KE arms Keebler Elf finger friendly 45 degree selector in. Anyone that thinks it won’t positively be held in either position is more full of shit than any caller Art Bell ever humored.

It’s wonderful and has changed my life. As I accumulate funds I’ll accumulate componets to ape the Gun Twerps’ WWSD rifle. I have the PDQ bolt release on the way. I’m not in love with them and the Teal Blue Bravo (makers of the PDQ) pitch guy can blow a goat but when you’re confronted with a superior product you can either get it or get fucked. I talk shit on pHrance and still use smokeless powder.

Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Sanders

I read that, and I've been around firearms my whole life. I've bought them, repaired them, and built them, but dang if that didn't read like Greek to me. I'm glad you like your parts, though.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

GWACS are a particularly ugly one piece nylon lower vibration welded from two halves, very durable but ugly as homemade sin. It has a fixed pistol grip such that the spring and plunger (erroneously called ‘detent’ in second post, F me) for the safety are in a pocket above the grip. Removing the safety is done by turning, pushing and hoping you don’t break the damned thing in the one place you can actually break it without a LOT of help. (They have ran them over and shot one four times, once in the magwell and once in the buffer spring area and the lower is still going strong after a buffer spring replacement)

The Keebler Elf reference was from another site where tall guys were telling Bluedog he had ‘Keebler Elf’ hands. I have short fingers, not small but short. The geometry of the GWACS grip made a 90 degree throw a bit too far for my thumb. The new safety puts it well within reach and lets me turn it to safety on the right side and not cause movement of the web.

The Gun Twerps are Ian and Karl at InRange TV and WWSD was a year long project of What Would Eugene Stoner Do in 2017 with the materials available.

Teal Blue Bravo makes a product I ordered for making the bolt release ambidextrous without putting a lever into the triggerguard. The pitchman or he may even be the owner for all I know supported giving the ATF broader latitude in denying gun purchases and became instantly unpopular. His product is superior to any lever extending down into the trigger area solution to ambidextrous bolt release.

I’ve been avoiding the AR for thirty years but ran face first into its superiority. Like the Americans recognizing the failings of their newly purchased Krags knew it was time to make a Mauser, or a Springfield, it’s time for me to join post WWII developments. I don’t want to be a Zumbo.

The entire series of WWSD can be seen on bitchute and Full30 dot com.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote