Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 04-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #16
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Don't underestimate bird shot for up close and personal Sanders. Hell for home defense the bad guys will sure hit the dusty trail with a blast of that stuff.
Plus things go Selco like I think their about to you got great small game ammo. I have a case of it.
Except I don't want "good enough".

I wanted, "Fuck-you-asshole-blow-a-hole-through-you-they'll-drive-a-Mack-truck-through" ammo.

Besides, I already had 3 cases of bird/clays shot when I ordered that one.

Oh well, I can put the full choke on my shotgun and shoot clays with it. Makes things a little more challenging.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #17
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

It's a simple question really; though a very old one: "What's your life worth?"

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #18
dhr
Banned

I couldn't locate an ammoseeker.com site, but I did find an ammoseek.com search. I found there was some 230 gr hp available at $1 per round and upward from there. With the 10% discount coupon code on the Fenix ammo the cost is $1.2 per round, so not too much more. At that point it becomes a question of who has the cheaper shipping and how does that affect the bottom line.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” -Lord Byron
dhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #19
aviator
unum de multis

My bad, ammoseek is the correct name. You got there regardless.

Day before yesterday it was about $39 for 50 rnds. But Biden has spoken since. Don't buy Silver, buy ammo instead.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #20
dhr
Banned

Damn...can't even get FMJ for less than .60 per round now, per ammoseek...

It's getting even worse folks...get it while you can if you need it, hopefully you stacked it deep when you could...
Old 04-29-2021, 12:40 AM   #21
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
Damn...can't even get FMJ for less than .60 per round now, per ammoseek...

It's getting even worse folks...get it while you can if you need it, hopefully you stacked it deep when you could...
I did! My wife thought I was crazy back then. Now, when we go to our local 'fleet & farm' store, we always wander through the 'sporting goods' section and I point out the empty ammo shelves.

She told me a couple months ago, "Damn, now I understand why you'd buy a box or two each payday".

*side note: She used to give me a lot of sh*t for buying a box or two every payday, over the past 20 years or so.

For once, my 'bad habit' has been justified!

I still buy it if I see it (and if it's not outrageously priced). I don't 'need to' but, old habits die hard.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #22
dhr
Banned

Every other round I have a vile and evil boomstick for, I'm good as I did stack it deep many moons ago. I'm playing catch up now with .45 though...
Old 04-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #23
WFO2

Bird shot can be very effective especially at close range when the shot has not separated from the wad . Hits almost like a slug .
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #24
bill3542

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Shot placement is everything.
That's what I tell the wife about her .22 Mag revolver... good beginners revolver for women. Just point it and squeeze the trigger till empty.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote