Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #31
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Might have to hire a gun bearer to carry it for me. "Simba bring Tim gun bad guys ahead."
Oh rubber grips coming for sure.

ADD: From Hitchcock's video they appear accurate? Hell he was hitting just as well with the Rock Island as the $3,000 .45?
Looks good, 4th. I believe that gong that Hickok45 rings is around 200 yards, just so you get an idea of how accurate it is.

Over the years, I've found I prefer smooth wood grips on mine. There are so many different flavors of grips out there, there is no reason someone cannot find what they like best. Now, if I could afford some ivory or mammoth ivory grips.....

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #32
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Quote:
Have not fired it but damn so far I like it.
Trigger is coming it at around 5.3 lbs but is slightly gritty. Not enough to really bother it but some polishing or an upgraded trigger will be on the list. Super solid and tight like no 0 wobble.
Field stripping drove me nuts I put the side catch release on the big divot hole and tried to press it out. Damn no go? My old blind eyes after careful study found the little tiny divot indentation it was supposed to be lined up with.
I am probably not the first to go through that frustration? For $429 plus 7% sales tax I don't think yah can go wrong. Heavy and solid I forgot what the full size .45s are like.
Might have to hire a gun bearer to carry it for me. "Simba bring Tim gun bad guys ahead."

ADD: From Hitchcock's video they appear accurate? Hell he was hitting just as well with the Rock Island as the $3,000 .45?
Those factory mahogany grips look nice but are a little slippery for my taste. The rubber ones you have coming should work better. I also have a set of checkered GI walnut grips which work well, too.

Nice score.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #33
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Looks good, 4th. I believe that gong that Hickok45 rings is around 200 yards, just so you get an idea of how accurate it is.

Over the years, I've found I prefer smooth wood grips on mine. There are so many different flavors of grips out there, there is no reason someone cannot find what they like best. Now, if I could afford some ivory or mammoth ivory grips.....
Ivory I don't know? But here yah go Sanders either grab this one before its gone or the pistol made from a meteorite. $$ Holy sheeeeet.
No? Ah hell some used ones for $3,500.

Atlas Gunworks Custom Open AG0516
$7,750.00
1 in stock

https://atlasgunworks.com/product/at...m-open-ag0516/
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #34
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Have not fired it but damn so far I like it.
Trigger is coming it at around 5.3 lbs but is slightly gritty. Not enough to really bother it but some polishing or an upgraded trigger will be on the list. Super solid and tight like no 0 wobble.
Field stripping drove me nuts I put the side catch release on the big divot hole and tried to press it out. Damn no go? My old blind eyes after careful study found the little tiny divot indentation it was supposed to be lined up with.
I am probably not the first to go through that frustration? For $429 plus 7% sales tax I don't think yah can go wrong. Heavy and solid I forgot what the full size .45s are like.

Good deal, 4th. You'll enjoy this one.

I'm going to try something I read "on the internet". Completely disassemble a Parked 1911, clean it to the living ends with good solvent, slather everything with Vasoline and stick all the parts in an oven, on foil, at 250 to 300 degrees for a couple hours. That gets the Vasoline deep into the Parked parts and the end result is a gun that won't rust as readily, like having them in Cosmoline.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #35
4thIDvet
slug

Taking apart I have no problem its putting the damn thing back together.
Took my .45 Kimber apart to make it a series 70 like Pogo did his weapon. Two weeks trying to get the sear in correctly. Ben the gunsmith at FL Gun Exchange got it back in in 5 minutes.
No charge I gave him a good tip.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #36
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

4thID, if you want to smooth out the trigger the easiest way is to install the Cylinder & Slide CS0373 - 1911 S70 CLASSIC SPUR HAMMER 4.5 lb TRIGGER PULL SET - 5 Piece.

https://www.evergladesammo.com/cylin...et-cs0373.html

You might check around and try to find the best buy for the kit. I've installed that kit in several 1911s. It makes a world of difference. I've installed this kit in at least a half dozen 1911s.

`
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs0373-front.jpg (65.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:13 AM   #37
4thIDvet
slug

O.K. Pogo I am coming up and have you do the install.
At Florida Gun Exchange over Daytona way and I see Ben the gunsmith.
"Hey Ben that Kimber is working great you installed the sear on."
"I can't forget that Tim the one you brought in in a bag."
Yup I have to get that trigger set now and just got these Hogue grips. I think Hunter uses them?

Hogue 450000 Govt MDL Grip W/Grooves 45000
by Hogue

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_b_prod_image

Their are a hundred different grips out their. These fit my hand really well and give it a no slip surface. Matter of choice some guys like the wood or whatever?

Florida Gun Exchange is like the Disney World of guns with great prices. Over 10,000 guns to check out.
https://floridagunexchange.com/
Old 11-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #38
Sanders

Quote:
O.K. Pogo I am coming up and have you do the install.
At Florida Gun Exchange over Daytona way and I see Ben the gunsmith.
"Hey Ben that Kimber is working great you installed the sear on."
"I can't forget that Tim the one you brought in in a bag."
Yup I have to get that trigger set now and just got these Hogue grips. I think Hunter uses them?

by Hogue

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_b_prod_image

Their are a hundred different grips out their. These fit my hand really well and give it a no slip surface. Matter of choice some guys like the wood or whatever?

Florida Gun Exchange is like the Disney World of guns with great prices. Over 10,000 guns to check out.
https://floridagunexchange.com/
I put some Hogues like those on my wife's HiPower. I think it fits my hand better than hers. Sure is fun to shoot with them on there. I wouldn't want to carry IWB with them on, as I think they would grip the shirt and pull it up. Plus, give a rash when they rub against the skin for all day.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #39
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Why not try it as it is?

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #40
aviator
unum de multis

Sorry, I can not see myself switching the original Colt wooden grips with a silver pony for those rubber ones.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #41
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Sorry, I can not see myself switching the original Colt wooden grips with a silver pony for those rubber ones.
Now you made me mad at my friend again. We were in a gun store in Phoenix, and the Para Ordnance P16 had just come out and he wanted it in the worst way. So, he pulled out the Colt Series 70 Gold Cup, that he'd had a lot of work done by one of the famous pistolsmiths of the time. He knew I was lusting after that pistol, but he stood there and let the gun store give him $300 on a trade in. I had the cash in my pocket and slugged him in the arm and told him I had $350 I'd have given him right now....Damn, I was pissed off at him for letting it go for next to nothing.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #42
4thIDvet
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Well hell you dang Jar Heads Fred got taught that anything but the original is catamount to blasphemy. Any damn Troop that puts a sissy grip on a .45 Govt. mod. will be beaten.
What the hell did they do to you Jar Heads.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #43
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up Grips are finally in. Thank you Amazon.

O.K. Amazon screwed the pooch and made good good on them.
They sent new grips NO charge for the first ones that never made it.
As yall are posting their are hundreds of different grips these rubber ones either fit for yah or nada. I like em they lock my hand in place and don't slip.

Price:
$21.56 & FREE Returns

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Norinco Chinese .45
-Rock Island .45
-Kimber 9 mm.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:04 AM   #44
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
These are the grips I have on my EDC 1911, love them!
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...tone?a=1856471

On my other 1911, I have the Springfield Armory 'crossed cannons' cocobolo wood grips.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:59 AM   #45
4thIDvet
slug

I had those Hunter and really liked them also but that button symbol thing kept falling out and I am compulsive about that stuff and got these.