Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Southern Partisan
DISTRIBUTIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher
SP, your comments are always Welcome here.

I know myself as a Protestant and you as a Catholic we are going to disagree at times, but your character is top notch in my book and I know you will never be insulting.

The majority of Catholic teachings actually goes along with the majority of Protestant teachings from what I can tell.
I know I'm good in your book, Dave, as you are my mine.

Certainly, when I see the divisions between our denominations, I cannot help but think of Our Lord's prayer on this Holy Thursday: that we may all be one. Some day, before the end, I am confident we will be reunited.
"For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."
--Ephesians 6:12
Southern Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #17
gone MP28 totin' WV Desert Rat

I've read the New Testament, KJV version 1611, through several times.

God will not let somebody go to hell, on a technicality:

1. If your name's in the Lamb's Book of Life, you're going to heaven.
2. Somebody born incapable of undertanding the plan of salvation, will not go to hell.
3. Somebody who has never had the Plan of of Salvation explained to them in a way that they personally can understand, will not go to Hell.

The baby, the born insane; the un-preached-to Congolese native-will not burn in hell.

From the day that you have condition #3 explained to you ,nd you can personally understand it; you are in danger of hell-fire.

It's in your department now, preacher.
gone MP28 totin' WV Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
3. Somebody who has never had the Plan of of Salvation explained to them in a way that they personally can understand, will not go to Hell.
Only problem Ive had with that thought is, if it is correct, then there is no need or urgency to preach the Gospel. We are better off NOT to tell people the Good News for fear they reject it.

We are better to leave the heathen in the jungles of New Guinea worshipping his false god knowing that he will go to heaven under this theory rather than waste our time, sweat, effort & dollars & risk death to take him a message he may reject & cost him eterniny in hell.

Now disrespect intended, but Ive always seen that thought as flawed.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #19
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

I hope all four of mine did.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #21
Karl/PA
Resident Curmudgeon

Or, Of Such is the Kingdom of Heaven
"And they brought young children to Him, that He should touch them: and His disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God"
(Mark 10:13-14).

Alcohol is a perfect solvent: It dissolves marriages, families and careers.
Karl/PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #22
Rew

Naw Prech your far from the odd man out. Jesus died to pay for our sin's. However, like you said, that's not a free pass. A child, to the age of understanding, and unlike the church I grew up in I don't set a hard and fast age, theirs was 12. I lost a child, my only son 19 years ago, before he was born. I have no doubt what so ever I will see that boy one day. Forgiveness, as an adult, has to be asked for, I ask often. A small child has no idea what it is, and is not held responsible. At least that's what I believe.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote