Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #16
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
You have to have beans in the chili to be called chili...otherwise it's called ground meat.

fire away...I'll hide in Joe's basement now.
No damned beans in my chile. And don't try to sneak any into it! No ground beef, either - just big chunks of USDA prime beef! As you can tell, a pot of my chile doesn't last long in this household.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #17
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
No damned beans in my chile. And don't try to sneak any into it! No ground beef, either - just big chunks of USDA prime beef! As you can tell, a pot of my chile doesn't last long in this household.

I see it needs an armed guard to last as long as it does.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #18
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
You are a man's man, you put blackpowder into it, don't you?
Old 02-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #19
Woodpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
I know , I know............. Some of you guys can make your own killer chili , and all canned chili is garbage

But for us lame, non domesticated, types......

What 'canned' chili with beans(or) do you like, or is the "Best" IYO ?

If you have time one day or night, make a batch, seperate into quart freezer bags and freeze. When you want some, throw it in a pot and heat it up.. Or in the microwave.
Woodpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #20
Sanders

Quote:
You are a man's man, you put blackpowder into it, don't you?
How else can I get my daughters to grow hair on their chest?
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #21
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
How else can I get my daughters to grow hair on their chest?
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #22
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
No damned beans in my chile. And don't try to sneak any into it! No ground beef, either - just big chunks of USDA prime beef!
The wife has to have beans in chili. So I use 2, maybe 3 cans of Bush's dark red chili beans in medium sauce.

Sometimes I do use ground beef (I don't chop it up fine, I leave it 'chunky'), but most times I'll cube up a big beef roast and brown it on the stove. I will add 1 lb. of hot Italian sausage.

My batch of chili usually fills the large oval crock pot, and sometimes even the smaller round crock pot. I make it in a big stock pot on the stove first, then let it simmer overnight in the crock pot(s).

Nice revolver!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #23
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ-75A View Post
Well, we have Cincinnati chili around here, but it isn't meant to eat like chili, just a sauce for spaghetti or coneydogs. I prefer anything that has meat in it, not textured soy and Wolf has the latter, unless you can find their "all angus" chili. Not sure about Hormel being all-meat, but most canned chili is diarrhea-like in consistency. I'd like to find something halfway decent so I could make something like Fred and Red's "spaghetti red." Oh, and beans are Satan's fruit and don't belong in chili.
You're probably talking about Skyline chili if you're in Cincy. The only time I ate that crap was in the wee hours after late-night benders while in college. And then it was the "chili dogs" and not their straight bowl chili. Just the memory makes me want to heave a little.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:01 PM   #24
CZ-75A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
You're probably talking about Skyline chili if you're in Cincy. The only time I ate that crap was in the wee hours after late-night benders while in college. And then it was the "chili dogs" and not their straight bowl chili. Just the memory makes me want to heave a little.
Empress.
CZ-75A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:39 PM   #25
JD Miller
Fake Member

Columbo's Chili

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/chili.htm
Old 03-24-2021, 12:28 PM   #26
dinkydow

Thumbs up

Quote:
You have to have beans in the chili to be called chili...otherwise it's called ground meat.
Agreed.

The chili W/O beans is what I use to make my cony dawgs with...AND ...chopped fresh onion and a pint of yellow mustard, as toppings. Just the way I like them...

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #27
dinkydow

Small eatery, around the corner and just South of New Boston, off Rt 44...makes their own Chili....and it is much like my Maternal Granpa's Chili... who was the best cook I ever knew.. Well my Brother is pretty good...Sister is pretty good too...their Chili is not bad. I am a picky Chili eater...dont much care for the canned stuff.

I can grill up steaks, burgers & dawgs...warm up canned soup in the nuker...etc. My cooking skills are non-existent. My buddies all poke fun at me over it...been doing it to me since....well a long time.

I eat out a lot. The time on my feet is a somewhat limited resource for me these days.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:57 PM   #28
ashhoe

Quote:

Ditch the franks and get some Texas Pete.
It's WAY better for a generic table hot sauce.
If that GP100 is 357 I want it.
Lets talk about that dutch oven too.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote