Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Sights, Scopes, Optics, Binoculars, and Flashlights
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Boris

Default Rifle optics

my rifle scope has gone to hell,,full of moisture on the inside ,,I am starting to look for my replacement but I am not sure where to start,,I know I don't want a cheap one though,,I am thinking of spending between 150 and 250 for one.
the rifle is a Winchester Model 70 ultimate hunter chambered in .270.
I have never scope shopped before so I would like to know what to look for,I have 3-9x40 currently but may be going out west to hunt pronghorn in a few years so maybe I want something more powerful?
if I do want something more powerful what power do I want?,,I trust you guys a lot more than a salesguy trying to sell me more or less scope than I need.

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
gunkgy

I happen to have 4 (Brand New, in the box) Bushnell Trophy, 3-9 X 40mm scopes. Model # 73-3948, mat black finish.

If interested they are $100 each.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

If you go more power scope you loose field of vision

I have a 4.5x14x40 Leupold vx3 on a .270. The fov sucks and hard to get on and find target fast. Its OK for target shooting at the range, but Im going to take it off and but a 2x7x33 leupold on it.

My 3x9x40 and 3.5x10x40 are ok for FOV

I found I can shoot just as good at long range with my 2x7s as my 3x9s, 3x10s, and I like the wider fov

I have all Lueplod scopes, cant beat their guarantee and customer service.
I have several of the $200 VX1s and like them alot, great scopes. I also have some VX2s and VX3s

Just my preference.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

If your 3x9 is in good condition, that is all you need. That .270 will be perfect for an animal the size of a Pronghorn.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Boris

so far this what I have decided on,,with the accu-range reticle

http://www.opticsplanet.com/redfield...e-reticle.html
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Similar incident with my scope years ago. Wicked optics brand 3x9 has filled the bill ever since....
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote