Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

ant The Good Lord's Telling Me Something

Started the '51 M Farmall to go hook up the Wildcat shredder and when checking it out, had two two low tires on the mains and one on the front. Got them aired up and went to where the shredder is and... both tires are flat. Got them plugged and aired up and ready to go and went to hook up to the steering draw bar and the connection didn't feel right. Ah, sure why not. An inch and a quarter stepped bolt that connects the adapter head to the tractor is all but sheered. Make a new bolt and get that installed and good to go.

Get everything hooked up and drawn up tight and go to the first field to mow.

Yee haw... Mowing time!

No, wait a minute. I had replaced both power steering hoses a couple days ago and noticed the hose block on the pump was cracked. Get the crack ground out and cleaned real good and "fixed" with some two part epoxy. While that was curing, I took a look online, not even expecting to to find a new or even used block and ... viola, Bates has some steel repops. Ordered one on the if and by come.

Well, my "fix" didn't hold. Putt back up to the garage and replace said hose block in the steering motor.

Yeah... Good to go again.

Putt back to the field and actually got that one mowed. Started on the next one and "bink" the sheer pin on the PTO shaft to the shredder popped. Putt back up to the garage and replace said sheer pin.

Yeah... Good to go yet again!! Putt back down to the next field, started mowing and "bink"... new sheer pin did it's thing and left.

Ok, Lord, I can take a hint. Tractor is parked for the day...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
slug

One of those days...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
Sanders

The Good Lord is telling me that I'm not getting any onions this year. Some critter has taken a liking to them.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Sounds like the last few years of my farming with the '39 9N Ford.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Ah, come on, when God gives you lemons, just make lemonade....and a dash of Voka in it helps a lot during stressful days.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
hangfire
Home on the range

He's telling you to get a new tractor.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Is it a Hoyt Clagwell?
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfire View Post
He's telling you to get a new tractor.
I looked new tractors that would be at least a close equivalent to the "M" and I'm not spending $60-65,000 on plastic and foreign made parts. I'll suffer through with the old M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned_Oli View Post
Is it a Hoyt Clagwell?
HA! I would need a new suit to run a Hoyt-Clagwell.

Brian
Old 07-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

A new shear pin in the PTO shaft and the old gal ran smooth as silk, as usual. No way could I get rid of her.

Brian