Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default Done with the Ruger .44

I'm done with it, everything works as it should. It's going back to the old man's son, i'm not keeping it, I wish I could. Spent about $70 on additional parts, including the grips.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

Default Next Project

This is the next project, basically for collecting purposes, I'm keeping this one, a pre-ban Tec-9 that's pretty rough but I can bring it back to life, some polishing, some paint, needs a new mag, buffer and bolt operating handle, I hope I can put the trigger assy. back together, little piece of crap drug dealer gun, but it's a nice conversation piece. I'll show it when I'm done with it.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
slug

Good job Sir...

Now buy yourself one
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Good job Sir...

Now buy yourself one
Nah, it's been a couple of very expensive months for me paying for the Alaska travel but what I need is a medium carry 9mm or .45, I haven't made up my mind yet on what I want. It's got to have a hammer or be double action (striker) , I don't like those Glock trigger systems. Meanwhile I'm getting by with the DB9 I repaired when I go out.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Nah, it's been a couple of very expensive months for me paying for the Alaska travel but what I need is a medium carry 9mm or .45, I haven't made up my mind yet on what I want. It's got to have a hammer or be double action (striker) , I don't like those Glock trigger systems. Meanwhile I'm getting by with the DB9 I repaired when I go out.
Sig 226...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

too much money. I'll find something. It was on sale at my favorite place not long ago and I didn't get it. I should have.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #7
Sanders

Looks good compared to what you started with! Did you at least test fire it? Even with some .44 Specials? Looks stainless, or is the finish just shiny?

There's the Sig 320. I wasn't sold on them, but I may be inheriting one. My brother swore by it, even putting his tricked out Kimber Ultra Carry in the safe to carry the Sig instead. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/sig-sauer-p320-review/

But for cost, you can't beat the deal that Palmetto State Armory has going on the S&W M&P Shield for $250 - but it looks like they finally sold out. https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...ety-10035.html

They do have the SCCY 9mm for $170, but I couldn't tell you if it is any good or not. Reviews seem decent, though. https://palmettostatearmory.com/sccy...=12%3a00+Email

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

No, I didn't test fire it, I don't have any ammo for that, my son and I went to see a gunsmith by his office that has a test firing water tube or whatever it's called but the guy wasn't there. It's a revolver, it has to fire, everything is timed right, everything locks in place and the firing pin sticks out when you hit the hammer. It's Stainless Steel all around, except the new pins I put in.

I gave up on the new Springfield XDE, it's difficult to get my index finger on the trigger on double action mode, I liked it but it's for someone with a smaller hand. I have a Ruger LC9 here now that my son lost the rear sight so I ordered a new one, not bad but I'm not sold on it. I'll get something once I come back from vacation this year, not like I have to have one now, I do have a few around, it's just a whim.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #9
Sanders

I still haven't messed with the XDE, even though I really liked it in the gun store. I've yet to shoot one. My full-size XD45 and XD9 are easy to shoot and carry, so I figured the external hammer version would be, too. But it is compact vs. the full-size striker models I have.

If my brother's Sig320 comes my way, I'll give it a fair shake for his sake. He really liked it after he figured out how he should grip it compared to a 1911. At first he couldn't get a decent group out of it, let alone get on the bullseye. After a little practice and some friendly instruction from a range pro, he adjusted his grip and everything got better for him.

Since when did we ever "need" a new firearm after the first one? I figure they are all on a whim. Except my muzzleloader - I needed that one for a muzzleloader only hunt.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post

Since when did we ever "need" a new firearm after the first one? I figure they are all on a whim. Except my muzzleloader - I needed that one for a muzzleloader only hunt.

So true! My drunk father lost my first automatic pistol and came up with some story...probably pawned it or gave it away to his girlfriend's son, I don't know. So I needed a few more to make up for that one....I'm still recovering from it 40 years later.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:34 AM   #11
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Hey Fred , Get a Para P12-45 :-)
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
Now that's a thought.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #13
Sanders

Sad story:

I was working on a job in Phoenix with an old family friend. He had quite a firearms collection and really liked the new and unusual. One morning I came to work and said, "Pat, they have a .45 down at the gun shop that holds 16 rounds!" It was when the Para P-16 had just come out. Well, at lunch time he shuts down the drill rig and says, "Show me where this gun shop is."

We drove down to the shop and he goes in and we look at the Para P16. He has to have it. He asks if they take trade ins, and of course they do. He went out to his truck and brought in a beautiful Colt Model 70 Gold Cup. I knew this pistol. He'd had it over to one of the famous pistolsmiths of the time - may have been Swenson or Wilson and had a lot of work done on it. Without even looking at it, the gun store dude says he'll give him $300 for it. Before I could slug Pat in the arm and make a counter offer, he takes their offer and buys the Para. When we were in the truck I cussed him out and told him I'd easily have given him $400 for that Gold Cup, as that was all I had on me at the time. Value for value, if that gun dealer had any integrity, he would have just swapped straight across.

What happened to the Para? He took it out and shot it a few times and decided he didn't like it. I don't know what happened after that. He probably traded it off for something else.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #14
aviator
unum de multis

Ouch, he sure gave it away, but don't feel bad I paid $136 for my Series 70....back in 1973. Still have it, I don't trade and I don't sell, just like real estate, I keep everything I can get my hands on.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #15
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
Yep...sweet gat. Mags are $$$though.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote