Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
twin50

Default My New Truck

My work truck I purchased a couple of weeks before Christmas. It is a 1992 Chevrolet 6.5 turbo diesel 4x4 dually.

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Okay the list is long but as I do go between 5-8 hours from my home to do a cutting job I needed/wanted a diesel. Okay for your reading pleasure...

Following parts are new.
Injection pump mechanical (virgin ip turned up a tad)
lift pump
fuel filter
Transmission rebuilt had a bad reverse band 4l80e Heavy duty rebuild kit with alto clutches Stage3 Transgo shift kit can increase to stage 5. My brother and I decided superior or b&m would have been a better choice as the Transgo kit required drilling the valve body (first for my brother and he has built probably 175 tranny's)
new sensors in transmission
transmission cooler
1400 stall converter
alternator
starter
master cylinder
Rotors
Calipers
Pads
Brake lines all front
Brake shoes with new hardware kit drum brakes
wheel cylinder each side rear
New shocks all around
ARP head bolts
glow plugs
glow plug relay
throttle position sensor
ignition switch
water pump
upgraded to a duramax fan 21" with modified clutch moves a lot more air if you have a 6.5 I highly recommend you watch YankeePreeper on youtube....
thermostat
boost control gauge
pyrometer gauge
transmission gauge
and while it was up on the lift I painted the frame I was fortunate the guy I know finally sold it to me as the frame and body are in very good shape...

Used parts
Stock turbo
5"down pipe to 4" straaaight exhaust
fabricated manual boost controller
The only reason I replaced these parts as I got into the truck more than just the tranny and brakes were jacked and I am not in the mood for breakdowns miles from home been there done that.. being my personal truck and not a flip you get it..

Left to do going from 235/16 to 285/16 fairly aggressive tire offbrand 50,000 miles life span all six for less than 750 mounted and all
extendable tow mirrors
may put in some aftermarket lights
doing solid black wheel simulators
going to have the paint clayed and waxed...
cb
custom front bumper brother and I will fabricate to two more additional batteries with power inverter
12,000 lb badlands winch
I tried not to forget anything it...I had the first injury as I was moving the rear brake drum I kind of dropped it rolled it on my left ring finger..holy mackerl split me wide open felt like from the inside out??? from the tip dang near to the first bend oh man did I grunt
the second injury I watched Bob walk right into the rear diff. with the driveshaft out kersplat right on back thought the truck was coming off the lift no blood though only mine...
guess thats it.
I have not added up the cost yet..
But I am already in the middle of a JacknJill bathroom remodel so I guess Boss Lady knows lol...

Last edited by twin50; 03-26-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added parts list...
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
baboon
slug

Your pictures aint show but a blue box with a ? inside.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

92 ?....4x4

Before the Dura Max deisel?

What ya doing to it besides brakes and painting the axle?

Tranny 480le? transfer case removed?

A friend just brought his, new to him, 2004 chevy duramax diesel 4 door long bed over to show me. Has the Alison trans... He says the 2004 is a good year for the dura max and the trans

Old 03-26-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
92 ?....4x4

A friend just brought his, new to him, 2004 chevy duramax diesel 4 door long bed over to show me. Has the Alison trans... He says the 2004 is a good year for the dura max and the trans

All duramax up till 2006 is the same Allison trans 5 sp then 2006 up its 6sp, 2004 is a split year duramax engine later in the year lly duramax, the older ones lb7 is the duramax thst has big work needed if you have injector issues.

My dually is a 2005 lly duramax, I’m putting a flat bed on it now actually just got it on but haven’t wired it or painted yet
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
All duramax up till 2006 is the same Allison trans 5 sp then 2006 up its 6sp, 2004 is a split year duramax engine later in the year lly duramax, the older ones lb7 is the duramax thst has big work needed if you have injector issues.

My dually is a 2005 lly duramax, I’m putting a flat bed on it now actually just got it on but haven’t wired it or painted yet
My friend's he just got is the 6 spd allison and he has the D vin # so he has the good deisel too... I thought he said his was a 2004,, maybe he said 06...... I have a Cummins myself
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
My friend's he just got is the 6 spd allison and he has the D vin # so he has the good deisel too... I thought he said his was a 2004,, maybe he said 06
Must be a 06, that’s a different duramax too, best without the emissions crap

My flat bed dumps now, got about $1100 into it with the used steel mostly I’ve welded up and the used dump hoist got on Craigslist for a couple hundred.
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #7
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Must be a 06, that’s a different duramax too, best without the emissions crap
I guess the 2006 had crappy paint too,, maybe changed for new epa laws in 2006. water born crap or whatever

Friends new truck has sections of paint completely flaking off separating from he primer..... Not just clear coat oxidizing , but sheets of pain coming loose from the primer on the roof , hood and side behind the rear door

Lucky the paint on my truck is real nice. I keep it under cover or in the shop and keep wax on it
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
twin50

added parts list JD
Old 03-26-2019, 10:44 PM   #9
twin50

Quote:
92 ?....4x4

If I wanted a Duramax I would buy 2004 and later first few years they had some head problems...My small business I really have low overhead and I want to keep it that way my truck is all mechanical but I can change that by going to a 700r4
Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
My work truck I purchased a couple of weeks before Christmas. It is a 1992 Chevrolet 6.5 turbo diesel 4x4 dually.

Attachment 17425

Attachment 17426

Attachment 17427

Attachment 17428

Attachment 17429

Okay the list is long but as I do go between 5-8 hours from my home to do a cutting job I needed/wanted a diesel. Okay for your reading pleasure...

Following parts are new.
Injection pump mechanical (virgin ip turned up a tad)
lift pump
fuel filter
Transmission rebuilt had a bad reverse band 4l80e Heavy duty rebuild kit with alto clutches Stage3 Transgo shift kit can increase to stage 5. My brother and I decided superior or b&m would have been a better choice as the Transgo kit required drilling the valve body (first for my brother and he has built probably 175 tranny's)
new sensors in transmission
transmission cooler
1400 stall converter
alternator
starter
master cylinder
Rotors
Calipers
Pads
Brake lines all front
Brake shoes with new hardware kit drum brakes
wheel cylinder each side rear
New shocks all around
ARP head bolts
glow plugs
glow plug relay
throttle position sensor
ignition switch
water pump
upgraded to a duramax fan 21" with modified clutch moves a lot more air if you have a 6.5 I highly recommend you watch YankeePreeper on youtube....
thermostat
boost control gauge
pyrometer gauge
transmission gauge
and while it was up on the lift I painted the frame I was fortunate the guy I know finally sold it to me as the frame and body are in very good shape...

Used parts
Stock turbo
5"down pipe to 4" straaaight exhaust
fabricated manual boost controller
The only reason I replaced these parts as I got into the truck more than just the tranny and brakes were jacked and I am not in the mood for breakdowns miles from home been there done that.. being my personal truck and not a flip you get it..

Left to do going from 235/16 to 285/16 fairly aggressive tire offbrand 50,000 miles life span all six for less than 750 mounted and all
extendable tow mirrors
may put in some aftermarket lights
doing solid black wheel simulators
going to have the paint clayed and waxed...
cb
custom front bumper brother and I will fabricate to two more additional batteries with power inverter
12,000 lb badlands winch
I tried not to forget anything it...I had the first injury as I was moving the rear brake drum I kind of dropped it rolled it on my left ring finger..holy mackerl split me wide open felt like from the inside out??? from the tip dang near to the first bend oh man did I grunt
the second injury I watched Bob walk right into the rear diff. with the driveshaft out kersplat right on back thought the truck was coming off the lift no blood though only mine...
guess thats it.
I have not added up the cost yet..
But I am already in the middle of a JacknJill bathroom remodel so I guess Boss Lady knows lol...
sorry for the delay I walked away in the middle of editing to add the parts list and just came back I'll tell ya my mother told me the mind is the first to go.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #11
twin50

Truck has 179.xxx Engine came out of an Air Force short bus which was a non-turbo 56,580 miles on that and I did forget some parts oh well...
Old 03-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #12
Crusader30-06M1

Those are good trucks. Looks like a great, to the point build too. Hopefully a reliable rig for a long time.
Crusader30-06M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #13
remus

I'm still driving my ford f150, 4x4, 5 speed, king cab, long bed, 1/2 ton. Absolutely love the truck, will never get rid of it. I just got it all tuned up, new left fender, left rear tail light lense, heater and AC both working again. Got new seat covers for it and it even has the Sirius xm radio in it now along with my dual band ham radio. I guess 92 was a good year for trucks and I'll just keep maintaining it.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #14
twin50

Indeed sir I am a fan of any straight motor or inline...93-97 obs are the hot ticket item right now for flippers FYI crew cab srw 4x4 7.3 powerstroke
Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #15
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader30-06M1 View Post
Those are good trucks. Looks like a great, to the point build too. Hopefully a reliable rig for a long time.
Yes it was straight to the point at first I only replace what I knew was bad or broken...and as we all know when you get to a certain point in the build you find or even break something during...I hope this truck serves me well until I find the right extended cab or crewcab to swap everything over