Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 02-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #16
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Thousands of GI's did not come back from the Pacific theater because of "funky looking" Japanese weapons...remember.
Absolutely. Just like thousands didn't come home due to crappy Russian designed weapons.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #17
remus

I've got a type 99 in 7.7. It's ugly as a mud fence but the rifle shoots extremely well. You would not want to stand up in front of it as a target at 600 yds. It will put one right in your bellybutton. Outside of being not beautiful I haven't seen one that doesn't shoot fairly well. Most of them like all guns can shoot better that the dipshit shooting them. It is a fun gun for me.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #18
baboon
slug

Quote:
Thousands of GI's did not come back from the Pacific theater because of "funky looking" Japanese weapons...remember.
A guy my dad worked with gave me a Jap rifle. It was very funky when compared to my O3A3. It was pretty much a complete original rifle he took off a dead japper. Dust cover, cleaning rod & bayonet with intact Chrysanthemum. I left it all cosmolined up when I moved to Texas. Found it missing after my sister & her boy moved in with my dad. My nephew claims not to know anything about it, but I'm sure he took it & sold it.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #19
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
A guy my dad worked with gave me a Jap rifle. It was very funky when compared to my O3A3. It was pretty much a complete original rifle he took off a dead japper. Dust cover, cleaning rod & bayonet with intact Chrysanthemum. I left it all cosmolined up when I moved to Texas. Found it missing after my sister & her boy moved in with my dad. My nephew claims not to know anything about it, but I'm sure he took it & sold it.
Then under the cover of darkness ...and stealth....wearing a face mask...

"Someone".... should beat him to the point that he shits into a bag...and can barely walk, with crutches.

Adult education is a motherfucker.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #20
baboon
slug

Quote:
Then under the cover of darkness ...and stealth....wearing a face mask...

"Someone".... should beat him to the point that he shits into a bag...and can barely walk, with crutches.

Adult education is a motherfucker.
I'll tell you Dinky He's fucked himself real good in life to the point that life is his beatdown. Little bastard been married 3 times, has 5 kids he's fucked enough!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
TheMrMitch

I have an Arisaka ''last ditch'' with Mum and think it's rather interesting.

USMC 1959/1963

3%
The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home,
'Tis summer, the darkies are gay,
TheMrMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #22
1AR2smalldogs

Thank God Japan never modernized German-style pre-WWII.
1AR2smalldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:00 PM   #23
Legion489
Dud

Well, OK, I will give you that Japanese weapons are weird,... oh, wait, I was thinking of FRENCH guns, sorry. Now were was I? Oh yeah, the Jap rifle in 6.5 and 7.7. Actually the are the strongest WWII rifle made. Probably still stronger than most modern rifles for that matter. They look crude, are not especially ergonomic (I will leave French guns out of THAT one too!) and are not especially well finished. HOWEVER.... they are often fine shooters, stood up to truly horrific conditions, and were manufactured by a tiny island with no real industrial base or firearms making tradition. They seemed to have done pretty good for all of that. Sure I love my '03, but if forced to use my Type 99 I would not feel too disadvantaged against others of the era.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #24
THE DUDE

Only jap related gun I own is a Type I made by beretta.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #25
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I have a Miroku .69 cal. Musket, (14 ga.) a real fun shooter.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #26
THE DUDE

i considered buying a type 99 a few years ago but for fucks sake... $1000-1800 a magazine.

Could have got a nice Chau-chat for $4k not too long ago also- same story $1000+ a magazine ( don't knock the 8mm lebel models)
THE DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote