Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2021, 07:46 AM   #16
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
"We are very angry," she said. "I was checking on my neighbor, she’s angry, too. We’re all angry because there is no reason to leave entire neighborhoods freezing to death. This is a complete bungle."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/6778122002/

Uh no lady you and your bumbling stupid idiot neighbor are the mo=rons for not being prepared. Disasters happen stupid like anywhere.
Did you crank up your generator start pulling the fuel you had stored for it out?
Good job girl got the heat on your water purification tabs now go in your prepped storage room and start making dinner sit back watch T.V. relax and stay calm till things get back on track.
Didn't prep you say it can't happen here? Sorry bout yer luck A hole. Die.
Chuckling as I toss another piece of wood in the wood stove....Cold? What cold?

I think Baboon moved up into the area where they got hid hardest. Didn't he mention moving up toward Austin?

Just remember, media sensationalizes. They'll find the dumbest, most unprepared people they can find who are suffering the worst to interview. Because "if it bleeds, it leads". Folks who are just taking it as a cold snap and were prepared will not make the news.

When you read about a storm hitting Texas, it more than likely passed through my AO first. You don't hear New Mexico crying about it.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #17
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Chuckling as I toss another piece of wood in the wood stove....Cold? What cold?

I think Baboon moved up into the area where they got hid hardest. Didn't he mention moving up toward Austin?
I don't know, I forgot where he was moving to, I just hope he'll be all right not being prepared for that and all. I think he's got MRE's so he won't starve.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:14 PM   #18
slug

44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:28 PM   #19
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Good to hear from you Rick. Stay safe.

Did baboon move out yet? he may be stuck somewhere in the ice.
I had assumed that he was still waiting to close, Fred and was therefore in
much the same shape us us.

Our shack still lives in the fifties to a large degree, so we still have gas outlets
in several rooms which, coupled with portable gas-fired heaters, allowed us to
stay relatively warm...even the bathroom still has a gas-fired heater.

Temperatures are now at about normal for this time of year, so all is well at
this place, others have not been so fortunate with their plumbing. Home
Depot has done a roaring trade over the past several days.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:43 PM   #20
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
I had assumed that he was still waiting to close, Fred and was therefore in
much the same shape us us.

Our shack still lives in the fifties to a large degree, so we still have gas outlets
in several rooms which, coupled with portable gas-fired heaters, allowed us to
stay relatively warm...even the bathroom still has a gas-fired heater.

Temperatures are now at about normal for this time of year, so all is well at
this place, others have not been so fortunate with their plumbing. Home
Depot has done a roaring trade over the past several days.
Are you OK with the water situation Rick? I assume you have no power yet.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #21
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

We lost power for about a day and three quarters over last Tuesday and
Wednesday, along with internet connection and phones, both land-line and cell.
Water flowed until the pressure dropped.

Once power came back on, the other services in turn came back.

Kim had the foresight to fill a half dozen or so 5-gallon buckets with water,
before things got a little worrisome...buckets she had already bought for an as
yet un-started project...so we were able to wash, make tea/coffee, keep the
dogs, cats and parrot watered. We had no trouble with our plumbing I'm happy
to relate.

Thanks for your concern, Fred...very much appreciated.
Rick-a-Roo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #22
Sanders

Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #23
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Ya got me!!

:
Rick-a-Roo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:28 PM   #24
baboon
slug

If it don't kill you it makes you stronger. Still unpacking& trying to get to some normalcy. I came up with the guns, ammo & safes. The wife stayed behind. I lived two days on turkey & beef jerky before the wife & dog joined me. She went out for groceries & got lost burning up all her gas to the point of it being really close to go get some.

My old dawg was scheduled for a vet appointment on Monday, but they are candy asses. He went down hill as the weather worsened. I went a week on 3-4 hours of sleep per night up all night with the boy. Tried to get a vet to come out & put him down but they were scared!

With my back cratered out I couldn't lift him so I found some guys on a Texas forum who drove 2.5 hours to help me get him to the vet.

We went 3 days without electric, never lost water & no broke pipes. The previous owner left some fire wood & a buddy brought us some more. I was eyeballing someones firewood across the street. We heated water for coffee, tea & bullion with the fire place. Made canned soup in it too.

Just got our WiFi hooked up today. The tower is on my property so I get free WiFi. Cutting AT&T out of internet & TV feels pretty good
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:54 AM   #25
aviator
unum de multis

Ah there you are, sorry to hear about the old boy. sounds like you all had a few days in cold hell.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #26
baboon
slug

For all the suck we are pretty much thrilled to be here. The lake view is awesome, the peace and quiet is surreal. The new neighbors are cool, people wave & smile. Watching the deer in the mornings ain’t bad. Hearing the woodpeckers and ducks beat niqqer music, gunshots and vehicle noise.

We are so remote I worry about the wife getting lost, which she has twice.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #27
aviator
unum de multis

It looks really nice out there, teach the wife how to use the GPS. Looks like you made the right move.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:40 AM   #28
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
It looks really nice out there, teach the wife how to use the GPS. Looks like you made the right move.
I bought her a GPS years ago and I set her up with it. Our address is a county road. Mail comes from one town but we were told we actually are considered to live in another town. Even the county we live in was in question for a short time.

I was hoping the sail foam might help her too. A few of theses county roads lack signs and at night there are no street lights. Even worse is hitting the feral hogs at night.

30 minute drives for gas & groceries are going to take some getting use to. In Houston everything was right there.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #29
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I bought her a GPS years ago and I set her up with it. Our address is a county road. Mail comes from one town but we were told we actually are considered to live in another town. Even the county we live in was in question for a short time.

I was hoping the sail foam might help her too. A few of theses county roads lack signs and at night there are no street lights. Even worse is hitting the feral hogs at night.

30 minute drives for gas & groceries are going to take some getting use to. In Houston everything was right there.
I know and that could be a problem with my wife as well that's why I gave up on the idea of a mountain retreat or hideaway place, she is used to having stores all around our neighborhood. How about Helium balloon with a light attached so she can find the place at night? LOL.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #30
slug

Put some reflectors on the sign posts

or on the light poles so she knows

where to turn...maybe even a combination

of different colors...

That might help train her
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote