Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.



Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2021, 12:33 PM   #16
4thIDvet
slug
 
4thIDvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Astor Florida
Posts: 41,104
Default I grew up on Oyster Bay Long Island Sound.

. Miles and miles of oyster beds and the farming of them. Oysters are just living filters in a shell. They suck water in spit it out and intake the nutrients.
Guess what else they take in? ANY toxins in that water. Oyster boats would harvest the oysters and then were supposed? to take them to the east side of Long Island Sound plant them for 3 days in the clean waters retrieve and they would be clean.
Did they always do it? Nobody was watching God only knows. Enjoy your meal.
__________________
God Bless Americas Veterans. All who are serving and have served.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #17
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 16,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
. Miles and miles of oyster beds and the farming of them. Oysters are just living filters in a shell. They suck water in spit it out and intake the nutrients.
Guess what else they take in? ANY toxins in that water. Oyster boats would harvest the oysters and then were supposed? to take them to the east side of Long Island Sound plant them for 3 days in the clean waters retrieve and they would be clean.
Did they always do it? Nobody was watching God only knows. Enjoy your meal.
Did you know that fresh oysters in a jar are still alive filter their own waste?
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #18
4thIDvet
slug
 
4thIDvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Astor Florida
Posts: 41,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Did you know that fresh oysters in a jar are still alive filter their own waste?
Geez the poor things. I have to buy a few buckets and let the poor guys go.
Not to ruin your taste for oysters but? When the govt sections off the beds for licensed guys to harvest. Well at night the best harvest A.O. was off the sewer plants. I never did it I don't know who did and that is all I am saying.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #19
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 16,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Geez the poor things. I have to buy a few buckets and let the poor guys go.
Not to ruin your taste for oysters but? When the govt sections off the beds for licensed guys to harvest. Well at night the best harvest A.O. was off the sewer plants. I never did it I don't know who did and that is all I am saying.
The game wardens are alway busting oyster fishermen for under sized. I find it strange how many boats are from Louisiana.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:20 AM   #20
CZ-75A
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 432
Default

Sounds like a racist fish to me....
CZ-75A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:51 AM   #21
4thIDvet
slug
 
4thIDvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Astor Florida
Posts: 41,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ-75A View Post
Sounds like a racist fish to me....
Don't say that CZ they will change the damn name.
Like the Jewfish had to be changed to Atlantic goliath grouper. WTF over I would love to see an Irish fish or even the ones they call American Shad etc.
Hell I never met a Jewish guy who was pissed about it being called Jewfish. Probably one socialist commie lawyer was offend and that was it.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #22
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus
 
GARANDNUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: between the hills
Posts: 7,278
Default

When I go to the beach I eat the Whiting I catch in the surf. They are okay, but I think they are too mild and almost tasteless. I like fish with flavor. I love blues which most people consider trash fish.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.