Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
NCshooter26

Default Hungarian AMMS underfolder kit

I got my Hungarian underfolder kit from Cope's today. Apparently the bbt dropped it off when I was at work. So far, I'm very pleased with the kit. It's matching numbers, the wood is a little dirty, but will clean up with no major dents. The metal has about 90% finish remaining. The only nitpicky things I noticed was that the trigger guard was bent, but I straightened it by hand, and there are metal shavings from the demil in the barrel, but those will clean out no problem. Bore is excellent.

Overall, for $210, I made out pretty darned good. Considering all the decent Polish underfolders are going around $300, even with the market flooded with them, it seems like a good deal. After all there were only 700 of these kits imported, and I was lucky enough to get a good one.

I'll post pics in the morning.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

Cope is a good guy I see him at the shows up in Pitt when I make it !!!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

that was a good move Shooter. i should have picked one up myself.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
NCshooter26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopshot
that was a good move Shooter. i should have picked one up myself.
Roger may have a few left, so maybe you can call and find out. Some guys were getting mismatched numbers on these kits, but so far it appears that the mix-up happened at the importer during de-mil rather than the rifles being rearsenaled. Alot of guys on the other boards are already getting parts swapped to make matching number kits.
NCshooter26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
NCshooter26

Hell, I couldn't wait until morning to put up pics. I tried to take some of those "fancy" bore shots, but they didn't turn out too well. Regardless, the bore is pristine.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

That is cool! I almost jumped on the band wagon, but I need another AK kit like I need an asshole on my elbow. That and the ugly "I" grips on the Hung's make my skin crawl. I bet you will built it up into a beautiful rifle though
Old 05-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
dinkydow

I like blonds.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Whooooo! that's already nice out of the box, can't wait to see it when you're done!

WWHBD?
(What Would Henry Bowman Do?)
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
NCshooter26

I'm gonna order a DCI receiver for it in a week or two. I still have to order two other DCI's (an M70 fixed stock and M72 RPK) that I put off to order this kit.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #10
NCshooter26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus392
That is cool! I almost jumped on the band wagon, but I need another AK kit like I need an asshole on my elbow. That and the ugly "I" grips on the Hung's make my skin crawl. I bet you will built it up into a beautiful rifle though
A few guys were forturnate to get the standard checkered wood pistol grips on their kits. Now those looked a hell of a lot cooler than the I grip. I personally never have liked the look of the I grip either, but it actually is pretty comfortable in the hand.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCshooter26
Roger may have a few left, so maybe you can call and find out. Some guys were getting mismatched numbers on these kits, but so far it appears that the mix-up happened at the importer during de-mil rather than the rifles being rearsenaled. Alot of guys on the other boards are already getting parts swapped to make matching number kits.
Yes sir. I grabbed two of those babies. Couldn't really afford them, but what the hell. Roger must be pulling these out of that secret back room. Cause they sure are nice.
Do you keep any of your AKs with the battlefield look? I did that with my M70s with the carvings on them. I might keep one the way it is. The other I will TRY to make look as good as bulletboys.
Some of my AKs kinda earned there wear and wounds. So I just let them stay there.
I know he had some of the Polish kits left. But man these kits are going fast. Good luck with yours.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #12
NCshooter26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet
Yes sir. I grabbed two of those babies. Couldn't really afford them, but what the hell. Roger must be pulling these out of that secret back room. Cause they sure are nice.
Do you keep any of your AKs with the battlefield look? I did that with my M70s with the carvings on them. I might keep one the way it is. The other I will TRY to make look as good as bulletboys.
Some of my AKs kinda earned there wear and wounds. So I just let them stay there.
I know he had some of the Polish kits left. But man these kits are going fast. Good luck with yours.
I've got an M70 that I built that I never refinished, kinda looks like a battle worn rifle. I've been thinking about doing a Romanian the same way, but hell I can't find the time.
You really couldn't beat these kits, they're a hell of a buy for the price, considering what decent polish uf kits go for these days.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

Default Polish and Hungarian

My buddy just ordered a Copes Polish AKMS 85% plus with all the trimmings for $299.00 just last Tue.
My Hungarians were $209.00 ea. Total with shipping $419.98.
I know he had some Polish left. But I THINK? these Hungarians went fast.
Copes had the special Tapco G2 single or double hook triggers with these kits for another $20.00. The two kits I received did not have them. I will call him on Monday and he has always been good on honoring that stuff.
Why the A.T.F. is not allowing shipment with the rear disconnect is beyond me. Whatever. The G2 triggers are real nice. If you didn't get your triggers from him at that price. Call. I'm sure he will still keep his word.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote