Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
NCshooter26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher
You are partly right.

6 complaince parts on a stamped reciever and 5 on a milled reciever. A milled AK only has 15 countable parts instead of 16.
This only applies if it has a threaded muzzle with a muzzle attachment. Milled Mak-90 does not, unless you thread it and add a brake. So with a milled post ban, you're only required 4 US parts. Of course, if you thread it and add a brake, then you'll need 5, but you can always use a US made brake.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #17
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

G2 and a buttstock is what I would do. Probably a US grip just to go overboard.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #18
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
... First thing, the gun doesn't like HP's very well and in most magazines it messes up and won't feed them over half of the time. In a couple of magazines it fed them 100% but you had to work the action kinda fast the first time. Is there any type of feed ramp or something you can stick in to it to make it feed the HP's? ( I will probably just buy all FMJ's anyways from here on out). ...
A not unusual problem with a number of AK's built around that time.

As I recall, you're probably getting jams with HP when they feed from one side of the magazine.

As I recall the fix is a quick dremel tool job, the earlier guns just weren't designed to allow for HP's.

I'll try to find a reference but I'm sure a search on one AK specific forum or another will give you the "how-to".

Please do NOT experiment without some directions to go by.

MAK-90 is a GOOD AK variation.

Better than a lot of the later models from ... elsewhere.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #19
Wolverine

Thank you 5Knives, that is correct it feeds from the right side of the magazine for the most part but on the left it never feeds from the magazines that it doesn't work well with. I don't like the idea of dremeling anything but if it doesn't seem too risky and can fix the problem I will do it. Everything else about the rifle besides the ugly stock is a 100 times better than the WASR-10. I just need to adjust the front sight on the rifle, it shoots ok if pulled all the way back on the D or whatever it is which is probably the same height as the 300 yard sight. The wasr-10 is the same way, 300-400 yard sight is what it is set on to shoot at 100. Thanks again guys
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote