Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 09-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
Solid Snake

Default Carrying while running/jogging...

So, I'm getting back into running (gotta drop my cholesterol). My schedule puts it that I'll be running when its dark out. I don't live in a bad area, but I'm not secluded in the country either so I'd like to have my S&W 642 on me. I was considering something like this:

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/6

Anyone have experience with a setup like that? Any other ideas for carrying a subcompact while running?
Old 09-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

S&W 642- Weight: 14.4 oz

light.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
remus

If you see me, there is a gun. Regardless of what I'm doing or where I'm going.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
Sanders

I'd help you, but if I'm carrying a gun, I don't have to run....

But that setup seems better than a fanny pack. Depending on how much belly you have, one of those belly band holsters might be doable. Just need something that holds it tightly so it doesn't flop around.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
S. Fisher

Urban Carry sport belt https://urbancarryholsters.com/aroun...port-belt.html
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 AM   #6
CDawg
slug

Other than looking like a sapper carrying a satchel charge. ...it seems like a great idea! I think I want one. ...just because.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #7
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

I don't (can't) jog, but I can and do carry.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #8
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Fisher View Post
That's an interesting setup. But it doesn't look like it would be too comfortable while running or working out. I could be wrong though.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Jogging probably good. Abs and core work not so much. I foresee some ruined phones from sweat raining down on them.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:55 PM   #10
S. Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
That's an interesting setup. But it doesn't look like it would be too comfortable while running or working out. I could be wrong though.
It’s not bad, it’s the best I’ve found that doesn’t involve working out in pants that require a belt to carry. I recently purchased their G2 holster as well, I like it so far. It’s a lot more comfortable then most concealed carry holsters for everyday carry.
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #11
Solid Snake

Ordered my chest holster thingy (link in OP). It should be here tomorrow night. I'll post a review.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:17 PM   #12
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Ordered my chest holster thingy (link in OP). It should be here tomorrow night. I'll post a review.
Review:

So I've done one run with the Hill People Gear kit bag. It wasn't bad at all. I ran three miles. In the bag I had my 642, wallet, and keys. The added weight was barely there. But near the end of the run, my shoulders were starting to feel it from the straps. I wouldn't want to wear it for a really long run. The bag did bounce around slightly but that will be negated as I play with the straps, adjusting them and whatnot. All in all, I'm satisfied.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:49 AM   #13
Bluntforce
slug

Completely forgot about this until I was checking to see if they made one big enough for a Super Blackhawk (they do). Bought a government sized one nine years ago (when they were $30 cheaper and included shoulder strap and carabiner). Still in great shape, maybe a bit faded. One color choice then that I was aware of. Found it in Blue Press, haven’t seen them in there for a while.

https://thewilderness.com/safepacker...lment-holster/
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #14
remus

I don't run or jog, but anytime I'm out in public I wear a vest with a lot of pockets. A heavy vest for cold days, a light vest for the warmer one's. Each has a suitable pocket for a small pistol. Think PPK size pistol or smaller. Also a pocket for a phone, a swiss army knife, and a 3" fixed blade, plus a pocket for the wallet. I loves me a bunch of pockets.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote