Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #31
dinkydow

I had a Dillon progressive re-loader and it was set up to re-stuff 9mm. I never used it so I gave it to my Brother for Christmas one year. Dillon makes new ones every day.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:08 PM   #32
dinkydow

The old ones are cool ...BUT...the new ones have ALL the improvements...plus no miles. There is no good reason not to have more than one .44 either.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:09 AM   #33
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
The old ones are cool ...BUT...the new ones have ALL the improvements...plus no miles. There is no good reason not to have more than one .44 either.
Ive had their 3 different size progressives. The small one is the "square deal" & is pretty well dedicated to the calibre it comes in, then there is the 550 (manual index 4 station) and 650 (auto index 5 station) which take the standard size dies and have removable tool heads so you can switch between calibres quickly and easily. Im doing 5 or so different calibres on my 650, rifle and pistol both.

The only PITA is switching between small and large primer feed groups. Its easy enough but still a PITA so, that makes a perfect reason to own 2 dillon 650s if you have the bench space.

You can option them up with all manner of auto case feeder and auto drive too
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #34
dinkydow

I purchased THIS today. A Christmas gift to myself for being a cranky old fart.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #35
Sanders

Quote:

Beautiful.

Is that a nickle plated Model 29 or a polished 629?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #36
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:

Nice!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #37
dinkydow

I have TONS of .30 cal bullets both JHP 168gr Match Kings and FMJ, plus thousands of processed brass in .308 and 30-06 ready to stuff. I stopped the match shooting and my reloading program stopped. I have no .44 brass or bullets. No pistol powder or primers.

Looks like it is time to buy a case of .44 magnum ...unload it and begin re-loading on a new Dillon progressive....which I am looking at now.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:48 AM   #38
dinkydow

It's what ever finish ? comes on a stainless steel 629. I don't think it is POLISHED...I don't really care for chrome looking pimp guns. If I decide it is to "bright" I will bead blast a matte finish onto it.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #39
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
I have TONS of .30 cal bullets both JHP 168gr Match Kings and FMJ, plus thousands of processed brass in .308 and 30-06 ready to stuff. I stopped the match shooting and my reloading program stopped. I have no .44 brass or bullets. No pistol powder or primers.

Looks like it is time to buy a case of .44 magnum ...unload it and begin re-loading on a new Dillon progressive....which I am looking at now.
Well done mate! Looks like 2017 will be a lot of fun with that hand cannon.

The Dillon 650 is the pick of the litter IMO if you are doing rifle & pistol both.

No matter what, its going to be a mile of fun making empty brass with the 629!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #40
slug

Real nice Sir...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #41
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:

Nice gun dink

I bought a bunch of Star-Line brass for my 44 mags.

Ive never bought loaded 44mag ammo.

Ive used unique, herco, blue dot, and 2400 to load 44 mag.

I already had all the powder from shotgun loads except the 2400 powder
Old 01-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #42
dinkydow

I ordered in a case 0f .44 magnum 180gr, JHP today. I am prob going to snag a Dillon 650 with what is needed to reload .308, 30-06, .44 mag, .357 and 45 ACP.

It looks like I can use my std size RCBS, carbide rifle dies with the Dillon. Or am I full of shit? I will need to buy some Dillon accessories...it seems.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #43
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
I ordered in a case 0f .44 magnum 180gr, JHP today. I am prob going to snag a Dillon 650 with what is needed to reload .308, 30-06, .44 mag, .357 and 45 ACP.

It looks like I can use my std size RCBS, carbide rifle dies with the Dillon. Or am I full of shit? I will need to buy some Dillon accessories...it seems.
Yes mate, you can use any 7/8" standard reloading dies in the 550 or 650 (the smaller "square deal" loader is the only one with dedicated dies) so you can set up separate tool heads for each calibre with your existing dies then just change them out to suit what calibre you want to do.

Best idea is to set each tool head up with its own powder thrower so you dont have to be buggerizing around with powder calibration when you change between calibres. Its a few extra bucks but well spent.

650 is the best choice IMO, you are about to have shiploads of fun mate.

There are some really good you tube vids on setting up the 650 and converting between calibers and primer sizes and such. I found some of those more informative than the original dillon dvd that comes with the press.

Last edited by 9teen11; 01-03-2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spilling erors
Old 01-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #44
4thIDvet
slug

That is super nice.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #45
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
i have a model 29 6 1/2" barrel....recessed cylinder......its a incredibly accurate handgun.

the only issues i have had with it was ejecting spent casings from the cylinder after the gun heats up after firing full factory loads in it...over and over.

it came with the wood box, cleaning rod, screwdriver and brush.

i bought it local off backpage from a woman
I got a used one in mint condition long time ago from a guy who converted to Jehovah's Witness and couldn't have guns, pinned 6 inch barrel, most accurate handgun I've ever shot, when my eyes were good and I was younger I used to hit a dime at 50 feet. Bought it for $75 because there was some lead stuck on the groves and really looked like pitting so I low balled him and he took it.