Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 07-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
doug11606

Default ISSC M22 Range Review (Warning Do Not Buy This Gun)

I bought an ISSC Austria Sporting Arms M22 automatic pistol several weeks ago. I got it for a reasonable price $225.00. Purchased a couple spare mages at $29.99 each thoroughly cleaned and polished the ramp. I was quite excited today to arrive at the range and test this new gun out. It wasn't long before I was very disappointed. First 100 rounds I had 5 failures to feeds and 1 failure to fire. I was shooting bulk packaged blazer 22 long rifle. I wasn't too worried; I figured a little more polishing maybe a small lead chamfer on the barrel opening and this could be a gun worth having. I decided to run some CCI ammo through it before leaving. In 50 rounds only one time did I get three shots without a jam. It was jamming every other shot. What was alarming was the jammed shell was getting creased by the slide hitting it and other times it was getting jammed very tightly concerning me about a misfire with the breech open. Last but not least on at least one occasion the round fired with the breech partially open. I think the bulk blazer worked well because they lubricate the tips with something consistent with light grease.
I would not only consider this gun unreliable but very unsafe. I think in the wrong hands someone could get hurt or killed handling this firearm. On my way home from the range I stopped by Gander Mountain and traded it in on a Sig 1911-22. Range test to follow.
P.S. I took a loss of $110.00 and did tell the folks at Gander Mountain of the problems with the gun.
doug11606 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Gus

Interesting report ...
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Okay, I won't buy that gun, seems you are not willing to sell it.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Sanders

Wow, not the same report my cousin gave me about his.

Sounds like he either got a good one, or you got a lemon.

My current itch is for a Ruger SR22.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
doug11606

You can certainly see where the extra $200.00 comes into play on the Sig 1911-22. It is a very handsome weapon with a better design. The components that went in to this gun look much more precise and robust.
doug11606 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Exitwound
Red Blooded American

I know .22 pistols can sometimes be very crabby about what kind of ammo they eat.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
nutinauniversalshell
Penguin Pass Champion

I have the GSG 1911-22 (same as Sig just less expensive)...you should love it.

If I can get the right person on the task, I have followers that bump capacity to 14 rounds. The guy I bought them from screwed a few people and I got lucky with mine I guess....they do work great and the 1 extra is going to a guy on the other forum for uzi's I cant mention (i think).

Maybe I can get someone reputable making them and get extras to move

FWIW it shoots GREAT! Especially fun suppressed.