Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
wc846

Default I want one of these remingtons

Model 105CTi

it weighs 7 lbs for the 28" barrel model. i like it because it throws the emptys out the bottom instead of scattering them in the bushes where i can't find them.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

That would be quite an improvement for sporing clays over the side ejection. Myself, I still prefer the Over/Under for that sport though.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
pharaoh2

It's a different syestem that's for sure. A skeletonized reciever, covered with a carbon fibre shell to reduce weight. But with my luck, that's just more areas to gather mud and crap. Personally, I like the Stoeger 2000 I picked up last winter. It's been a great, no nonsense shotgun. Or, if I wanted a pretty gun, I'd look into the Browning Gold. Just my opinion though.
pharaoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Went to one of the local clubs that is big into the trap/skeet thing. They have a very interesting policy on their range. If you shoot their range, and your ejected husks hit their ground, they belong to the club. Now it allows them to reload really cheaply, but, c'mon. I don't like rules like that, so I won't shoot on their range.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
Went to one of the local clubs that is big into the trap/skeet thing. They have a very interesting policy on their range. If you shoot their range, and your ejected husks hit their ground, they belong to the club. Now it allows them to reload really cheaply, but, c'mon. I don't like rules like that, so I won't shoot on their range.

I've shot at many trap ranges like that. It slows the shooting down for shooters to stop and pick up spent shells after their turn or between events. Most serious trap shooters use an over/under or unsingle with a high rib anyway.

Many clubs will not allow side ejecting semi-autos without an attached shell catcher on trap fields because of the ejected shells hitting other shooters and their guns.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

same here when i was shooting clay targets. trap, skeet, and sporting clays are what got me into reloading and O/U's.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

When I started shooting sporting clays, I used a Remington 870. I learned real fast that wasn't the gun to use if I wanted to reload. I was hunting all over the place for my shells. I found perhaps half of them.

I now use a Lanber Over/Under with a 28" barrel for sporting clays and skeet, and a Browning unsingle with a 34" barrel for trap.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Sanders

Ithaca went with bottom eject right off the bat with the Model 37.....I so love that shotgun! Made in 1938 (or '39 I forget) and still running strong. Thousands and thousands of rounds through it at the trap range and in the field.

But...I've found a new warm spot in my heart for the O/U.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
wc846

the only rule we have about flingin brass is you better not hit somebody in the eye..haha..or he might just hit you in the eye..
wc846 is offline   Reply With Quote