Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but my nephew was selling his pickup truck, and had a fairly low price on it. Well, nobody was interested in it, and when I found out what he was asking for it, I told him to raise the price.

He raised the price by $2,000 and sold it that week.

Why? It was a late model truck with a price that was way below book, so people thought there was something wrong with it - too good to be true, so to speak.

When he raised the price to market value, people were willing to pay what they thought it should cost. Weird, but true.
Absolutely I was. Selling a vehicle too low, I could see the problem. He did good.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
cdwoods

No UN CMP Gun Sales

About 2 years back I wanted to purchase from CMP a M1 Garand. I gave up after being told several times the one I wanted was no longer available.
cdwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
BigShu

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoods View Post
About 2 years back I wanted to purchase from CMP a M1 Garand. I gave up after being told several times the one I wanted was no longer available.
Ok, I'll bite. Why didn't you believe them the first time? Are the folks at CMP in the habit of trying not to sell things they have in stock?
BigShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

That's true, 500grains, but there is no evidence that sales are slowing at CMP.
In fact, it's just the opposite. From their site.
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: In the past several months, the CMP has been overwhelmed with orders for all products, especially bayonets. Orders are processed in the sequence they were received. Please allow a minimum of 30-60 days for orders to ship. If you would like to check on your order, please email CUSTSERVE@ODCMP.COM (please include the order number (if known) in the subject line to expedite responses). If you call to check on your order, please expect long delays due to high call volume. Thank you for your support and patience!
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
BigShu

Default Supply and demand...It's the American way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
That's true, 500grains, but there is no evidence that sales are slowing at CMP.
In fact, it's just the opposite. From their site.
Seems like any time you have a limited amount of something, and lots of people want it, the price will rise.
I wonder how many of those interested actually shoot? It's be a shame if nice guns got put in a vault to wait for them to "appreciate" in value. The true value of a gun is how well it shoots.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
hangfire
Home on the range

Quote:
When he raised the price to market value, people were willing to pay what they thought it should cost. Weird, but true.
Like when I tried to give away a running refrigerator, nobody wanted it, so I stuck a $300.00 sign on it and it was stolen that night.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
dinkydow

Over the years I have purchased a lot of stuff from the CMP and before that, the DCM. It helps being only two hours away from their store.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
BigShu

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Got an email from CMP saying they're raising the price on Garands and increasing their shipping cost. Also, they are out of Greek ammo in clips.
Can't help wonder if Hillary and Obama aren't behind some of this, cutting off the supply and raising prices.
I'm missing something....How is any politician going to cut off the supply of surplus inventory? There's only so much of it these days, and our friends in DC have bigger fish to fry.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Just ordered a standard length used M-1 bayonet, comes w scabbard and is U.S. manufactured. Figured what the hell....
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #10
gunkgy

Have a CMP H&R Garand. A Springfield Garand I found at a gun show for $500 and just this weekend bought a stripped Winchester receiver. Now to start getting the rest of the parts to put it together.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Replacement parts aren't cheap either.
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
gunkgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySteve View Post
Replacement parts aren't cheap either.

no they aren't
gunkgy is offline   Reply With Quote