Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-29-2018, 12:32 AM   #1
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Default Recap: HOU 5, NYY 1

...but I'll get it in now knowing that it'll probably bite me in the arse later in the year if not tomorrow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/recap...213042137.html
Old 05-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Sheepdawg
Happiness is a warm K98k

And I'm called the Yankee hater???

Khruschev was right. So was McCarthy.
Sheepdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

It's just that I learned my baseball in Boston when I migrated in 1980.
Rick-a-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:43 AM   #4
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

..and in the arse I did get bit.

6-5 to the Yanks in a comeback from 2-5 down.

Just goes to show what no-one can win 'em all.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:55 AM   #5
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

The Yankees were down 5-3, bottom of the 9th... scored 2 in the 9th to tie, then 1 in the 10th to win, overcoming a totally UN-characteristic 5 errors, and a really "liberal" strike zone that might have been accurate for low balls against the mini midget Altuve, but... not for Aaron Judge. Continually saw "strikes" called (primarily against the Yankees, not equally) that were 6 inches low AND 6 inches outside.

Only about 25% through the season... nothing "set in stone".

Yesterday's Astros victory? Was against a rookie that should NOT be being used as a starter. That was a "gimme". And without the errors today, there was really only one EARNED run scored by Houston, Gattis' home run in the 2nd inning. The rest were due to errors, primarily a couple of rookies, Andujar and Torres (2), who made up for it with the walk-off single in the 10th.

Early in the season... come September, October, November, the rookies should be much more seasoned...
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #6
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Yada, yada, yada!!

May as well give the 2018 W.S. trophy to the Yanks now - they are apparently the
perfect team; all else, especially from Houston, are scum.

It's a freakin' game, fer crissakes, played by highly paid performers to amuse and
entertain the masses.

It ain't life or death.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:27 PM   #7
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
Yada, yada, yada!!

It's a freakin' game, fer crissakes, played by highly paid performers to amuse and
entertain the masses.

It ain't life or death.
What? You seemed quite full of bluster after the Astros won a single game, only to drop another series.

For the season, if we may...

30april2018 ~ Yankees 1 @ ASTROS 2

01may2018 ~ YANKEES 4 @ Astros 0

02may2018 ~ YANKEES 4 @ Astros 0

03may2018 ~ YANKEES 6 @ Astros 5

YANKEES take series in Houston 3 games to 1

28may2018 ~ ASTROS 5 @ Yankees 1

29may2018 ~ Astros 5 @ YANKEES 6

30may2018 ~ Astros 3 @ YANKEES 5

YANKEES take series in New York 2 games to 1

Do you see a trend developing, here?

Let us hope that the Astros recuperate from their losing ways when they visit bean town, and sweep the Red Sux. We would not want losing series to become an habitual addiction for the poor Astros, now would we?

Pitching continues to be a critical need for the Yankees, but I gotta tell you... in all honesty, I would take the kid Severino over Verlander, in a butterfly's heartbeat. He ain't "the best", but... he's on the path and making progress.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #8
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

Geeze, I tell the time - you build a bloody clock.

I take pleasure in small victories...when the big one happens to come along, I take real
pleasure in that. I really don't live vicariously through either the Red Sox or the Astros, but when they win, I smile.

That's all there is to it.

Oh, yeah...I do tend to rub some people (including friends) the wrong way on occasion.
My apologies.

Oh...I see the Yanks won again today. Too bad, but I won't lose any sleep over it.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:04 AM   #9
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Old 05-31-2018, 02:07 AM   #10
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

^^^ I have NEVER thought myself to be anyone "special"; I just lived my life, measuring myself against those who were.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:25 AM   #11
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Yeah, ASTROS!

Sweep the Red Sux!!!
Old 06-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #12
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

Oh, that hurts!

But seeing as how one of 'em had to win, I shall have to remain neutral.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #13
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

The detestable Red Sux won today, besting Houston 5-4.
Let us hope that the Astros regain their act and win tomorrow, to take the series. Kick some Red Sux ass!

The only thing that I enjoy as much as a Yankee victory, is a Red Sux defeat. And the more humiliating the Red Sux defeat? The more delicious it is to savor.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #14
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey

Kinda how some folk relish Yankee's defeats.

But in the long run, who gives a shit?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #15
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Unhappy

profound sadness...

The Astros lost, 9-3... AGAIN!

They were supposed to do their part and beat the Red Sux again, winning the series, but... after winning the first two games of the series (rebounding from being spanked in New York), they returned to their now "usual form" and are creeping out of Boston with a 2-2 split. Let us hope that the Astros remember that they are defending World Series champions, and that last season was not simply a fluke. Perhaps they are spending too much time polishing those rings, rather than focusing on returning to the playoffs... A protracted mid-season slump by the Astros will put the Angels into the playoffs, in their stead.

At least when the Yankees went into a slump, they got to play the Astros, and get healthy again. But... if the Yankees spank the Tigers in the double header today, the Tigers might be in a cantankerous mood, and NOT play the pushover when the Astros go to Detroit, tomorrow. If the Astros lose the series in Detroit...

Doom and gloom take up residence in Houston...