Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

gun New toy for Christmas

Santa is gonna bring me a new 9mm pistole for being such a good boy this year! The only problem is he is confused about which one to have the elves cobble together for me a Springfield XD9 or a Ruger P95. With a $200 price difference taken into consideration can you all add any input? Pros, Cons, known issues???

SON OF THE SOUTH, MAN OF THE BLUES

TITTIES

Dont make me have to do it!

3. Never stick it in crazy.

I STAND WITH ISRAEL

MoLoN LaBe MOTHERFUCKER

3%

To compel a man to subsidize with
his taxes the propagation of ideas which he
disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Sanders

Well, I have the Springfield and a P89 (which is an updated P85) and they are both good pistols.

I do like the double action of the Ruger, but the Springfield is a good shooter, too - just striker-fired.

Probably better mag availability on the Ruger. As far as I know, I don't think anything but factory mags are available for the XD.

Whatever you get, stock up on mags. I have a feeling they are going to be hard to come by pretty soon.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Now add more confusion by putting a Glock 19 in the mix??
Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Any particular reason you want 9mm? Just wondering.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

its one caliber I dont have right now, got a .38., .40, .45, need a 9mm, a 357, and a 44 mag then maybe a hand cannon 454, 480 ruger, 500 sw. But right now Im wanting to get a 9mm next. Mainly due to finacial limitations. I really like the springfield emp but cant afford it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
its one caliber I dont have right now, got a .38., .40, .45, need a 9mm, a 357, and a 44 mag then maybe a hand cannon 454, 480 ruger, 500 sw. But right now Im wanting to get a 9mm next. Mainly due to finacial limitations. I really like the springfield emp but cant afford it.
OK, makes sense. I have one 9mm that I've put probably about 200 rounds through it. Just got it mostly so I could have one. It's a Beretta M9.

I love the way it fits my hands. Just don't like the caliber though.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Just got it mostly so I could have one.

Thats pretty much where Im coming from, something to plink with. I guess with one I can shoot accurately, good shot placement could make it a pretty effective carry piece, not to mention the capacity. If worse comes to worse spray and pray with half a mag, then take care of business
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I found the P85 clunky but I like the SR9.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Sanders

If you want one that will go up in value, get one of the Israeli surplus Browning Hi Powers that Cole's is selling on Gunbroker for $3-$400.

Get a Belgian made one, and it will only go up in value.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
If you want one that will go up in value, get one of the Israeli surplus Browning Hi Powers that Cole's is selling on Gunbroker for $3-$400.

Get a Belgian made one, and it will only go up in value.
I've been eyeballing them for a while. Always wanted a Browning Hi Power.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

My vote would be for the XD9. The P95 is fine, but it is a little clunky and sloppier than the XD. There's certainly nothing wrong with the P95, but I find it hard to believe it would outshoot an XD9, especially with an equal amount of practice-time for each handgun. In other words, if you were to practice for two hours with a P95 and an XD9, you'd be able to shoot your XD9 a lot better than the P95.

If it was me, I'd nix the Glock idea all together. The Glock was made obsolete the day the XD was born, as far as I'm concerned. I strongly believe that the only reason the Glock is still popular is due to movies, иigger rap videos, misguided internet reviews, and people still perpetuating the hype from Glock sales brochures from the 80's. People that are very very VERY new to firearms seem to love the Glock, I'm guessing it's because they haven't been exposed to enough variety to form their own opinion. That being said, there's nothing particularly wrong with the Glock. There's just a better mouse-trap than the Glock, in this casual observer's opinion.

You should consider the Nagant revolver, I understand it's PoGo's favorite !!

Worst case scenario, you wind up with a new Christmas present. You can't lose !

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

XD9 is topping the list so far, just have to see how much raindeer fodder santa has left over.
$$ will be the only thing stopping the xd at this point... sure like the looks of the Springfield EMP

POGO is right, I understand you can shoot fleas off a rat at 50 yards with a Nagant
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
doug11606

I have both the P90 45 cal & the P95 9mm. They are both great guns. A little on the big side for most but fine quality and accurate guns. I consider my car gun one of the most important guns I have and it is the Ruger P90DC. I have many guns and can't say any of them are more accurate or reliable than the Rugers. Took some searching but found both guns used for $250.00 each.
doug11606 is online now   Reply With Quote