Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Default Sigma Range report

Got up early this morning, went down to the workshop and got the fire in the stove goin, , came back in the house, ate breakfast, and went back to a nice warm workshop. Tore the the new " old" sigma down and proceeded to polish critical surfaces. Between the spring removal and polishing Ive got the trigger in very good shape. I had some concerns about the trigger not reseting, so I took it out to the range(brothers farm) this evening. First shot with pistol, dead on at50 feet. Checked casing, checked firearm, everything was in order and the trigger is quite managable, and resets everytime.
I was very pleased as this pistol seems to shoot very accurately for me. Out of 50 rounds or so I was hitting what ever I wanted. I had 1 round to fail to feed, other then that, everything was in order.
All in all I was very pleased and really like the pistol, esspecially for what I have invested in it. I feel sure the fail to feed issue is likely a "break in" hiccup that will be self solving after a couple hundred rounds, but Im gonna polish the feed ramp in it anyway. just because I can

SON OF THE SOUTH, MAN OF THE BLUES

TITTIES

Dont make me have to do it!

3. Never stick it in crazy.

I STAND WITH ISRAEL

MoLoN LaBe MOTHERFUCKER

3%

To compel a man to subsidize with
his taxes the propagation of ideas which he
disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Sound like you turned it into a KEEPER!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
SIXPACK
RIP America 1776-2012

Sounds like you got one of the good ones.

Peaceful, but prepared.

........ "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be
disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The
supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the
sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and
constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can
be, on any pretense, raised in the United States."

...........................Noah Webster, 1787
SIXPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Sanders

Good deal!

I was given one in .380 that I haven't had the time or inclination to mess around with.

I plan on giving it to my youngest daughter, if it turns out to be reliable.

Extra mags sure aren't cheap for the .380, though.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

I had one of the Sigma .380's, with the funny magazine release built into the magazine. The one I had was a total piece of crap, but it was reliable. That magazine catch is truly a thing to be embarrassed about, I remember being surprised that S&W produced such a thing (this was back in the late 90's). Accuracy is pretty terrible, even for a semi-auto saturday-night special.

Icarus: I'm glad you're happy with your Sigma ! I've seen a few of them running around, priced cheap'ish, but not cheap enough to jump on.

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
2rogers

i ended up with 1 of those 380's too. gave it to my sister. spotted a mag at a gunshow for 5$ a year ago and mailed it to her.

i cannot help but rummage through every box of used mags i see at the shows or gun stores. i bought 8 para p-12 mags at a north richmond store for 10$ each. 5 blue, 3 nickel. dont get me started on 6906 mags at 5$ i spent 200$ that visit. clearance box of assorted crap may have a holy grail in it.

great range report!
2rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

I Know Im polihing a turd, but with a little more polishing in the right place, its gonna be a good carry turd, as well as a fairly accurate, reliable turd. I have put 2 mags through it, I have had 2 fail to feeds, one from each mag, about the third round off the top. Ive polished the ramp pretty good, I actually think its an ammo issue but not sure, has fed great every other time. matbe about 100 rounds of break in. Ill try some different ammo when I return from Japan after 12/14/12
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Don't feel bad about polishing a turd, I'll bet there are more of us in here that have polished a turd than haven't. I don't know much about the Sigma, other than they're inexpensive, and they allegedly had a round-count life-span on them. 2500 rounds or something like that, and they were expected to start falling apart. Dunno if it's true, it's just something I remember seeing advertised by S&W about the time they came out with the 9mm/.40S&W models (the .380acp version came out first, if memory serves).

But if you can sharpen up the awful trigger and get it to shoot reliably, and feel confident that it won't take a crap on you when you need it, why not use it as a carry piece ?? Sure, people might not think you're as cool as if you were carrying the latest and greatest $1,900 Kimber Micro Ultra-Raptor Mega-Carry Whiz-Zapper... but it sounds to me like you're more interested in finding a tool for the job instead of winning a middle-school girl popularity contest. Perhaps the sigma you found is up for the job !

The older I get, the more I regret trash-talking certain firearm designs and production. The sigma was one of them.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Well If the poor SOB laughs at my POS pistol when its got a bead on him, I reckon Ill just shoot him.
Advertising depts can turn an old nagant revolver into the Breakthrough Technology thats gonna revolutionize the handgun world. Just like rubbing some fitz on my sigma turned it into a Belgium built hi power.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
Moon
IncogNegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Well If the poor SOB laughs at my POS pistol when its got a bead on him, I reckon Ill just shoot him.
Lots of DIDs (dicks in the dirt), thanks to cheapie pistols, according to the cops I've run across over the years. If you do have to DID someone, I'd rather have a $200 clunker instead of the $1200 masterpiece sitting in the evidence locker for 6 or 7 years. I think it's pretty well undisputed that a $40 Lorcin will kill just as effectively as a $1,500 Les Baer.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Just for kicks I did I side by side comparason with the sigma and a xd45. I came to find that I have a long way to go on the the sigma trigger.
The XD is clearly worth the difference in $$,. its very clear that you get what you pay for.
I have been trying to decide on what model to get a new 9mm in. after this Im really liking the XDM9.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Moon
IncogNegro

I'm also a strong proponent of the XD series. I have one (service length) in .45acp, and I love it. That booger shoots right where you tell it to. I can't say I think plastic pistols are appropriate for every occasion, but if a fellow is gonna own one, the XD is a great choice. Very easy to learn how to use, trigger is great, excellent capacity, and very reliable. I sho' like it better than that damn Glock.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
I'm also a strong proponent of the XD series. I have one (service length) in .45acp, and I love it. That booger shoots right where you tell it to. I can't say I think plastic pistols are appropriate for every occasion, but if a fellow is gonna own one, the XD is a great choice. Very easy to learn how to use, trigger is great, excellent capacity, and very reliable. I sho' like it better than that damn Glock.

What he said