Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
#11 " Defending your home with a shotgun or rifle is a stupid idea (another dealer)
Hahaha,who was the moron that said that. That's as bad as the spear chucker one day that told me my 30.06 was just a "deer rifle" and was no good for defense.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWARRIOR
Hahaha,who was the moron that said that. That's as bad as the spear chucker one day that told me my 30.06 was just a "deer rifle" and was no good for defense.
Same opinion about the Lever thuty thuty!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWARRIOR
depends I guess,I prefer a shotty my self,rifles tend to go through and through then I'll have to clean the mess off my walls,not to mention the shotty requires a bit less aiming,but use what ya got I say,it's better than pepper spray or bat or knife.

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
10 Bears

I used to really screw with some of those people.
Making .44 mags out of .30-30 cases.
Creates a bottle neck at the base.
"WTF is THAT?"

"Well, look at the head stamp, it's a .30-30 pistol cartridge. You mean you've never seen one?"
Then show 'em a .22 Rem. Jet, with a .357 mag head stamp.
Or... a .357/.44 with a .44 mag headstamp.
And don't forget the "Ultimate Needle Gun!"
.17 cal. on a .50 BMG case. (Had a friend that made those!)

Alll kinds of ways to screw with their "know it all" minds.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears
I used to really screw with some of those people.
Making .44 mags out of .30-30 cases.
Creates a bottle neck at the base.
"WTF is THAT?"

"Well, look at the head stamp, it's a .30-30 pistol cartridge. You mean you've never seen one?"
Then show 'em a .22 Rem. Jet, with a .357 mag head stamp.
Or... a .357/.44 with a .44 mag headstamp.
And don't forget the "Ultimate Needle Gun!"
.17 cal. on a .50 BMG case. (Had a friend that made those!)

Alll kinds of ways to screw with their "know it all" minds.
How about the .45ACP with the 7.62x51 or .308 headstamp?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Dean

Oh, that's precious! I can see a great amount of head scratching, wailing, gnashing of teeth, ensuing conversation... LOL! :-)

Dean
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
10 Bears

Now we're getting somewhere!
Even a .30-06/.45 acp.
Bit of a bottleneck base on that one too.
ANYTHING to mess with their minds!

I have, and have had, quite a collection of "anamolies" that really screwed with some of those idiots.
A person, that has an honest familiarity, will usually just laugh at 'em.
But the "know it all" will start making up all kinds of ridiculous stories.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
10 Bears

Yep, those old time, black powder, snipers were good.
But, they still had it tough.
The powder might have been black.
But the smoke was white and just screamed, "HERE I AM!"
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

You know, it's sad, but I don't even have a functional scattergun. I have several projects (2 Brownings, a Winchester 1911, a Remington Model 10T, a Mossy 395K bolt and a JC Higgins). I have the .45 on the nightstand and an M1 Carbine near the bed. Need to get me a good house gun. I might try to get my hands on one of the retired police 870s you see around.

As for the topic, I think one of the biggest scams is people selling Black Talons for a bunch of money when you can get the same round in the Ranger line, just without the "kevlar defeating, cop killing teflon coating".

"It is inexcusable that 4 million NRA members bear the weight for 80 million gun owners and 20 million hunters." - John C. Sigler

Working on a classic Trans Am gives you license to tell your wife, "Shut your pie hole, I'm going to work on the Bandit!"
Gewehrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
hangfire
Home on the range

And let's not forget all the expensive "gee whiz" snake oil "lubricants" Guaranteed to make you're gun shoot MOA, and gets to a molecular level etc.
Good quality wheel bearing grease, and "3 in one" oil or motor oil works just as well IMHO. Has always worked for me.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfire
And let's not forget all the expensive "gee whiz" snake oil "lubricants" Guaranteed to make you're gun shoot MOA, and gets to a molecular level etc.
Good quality wheel bearing grease, and "3 in one" oil or motor oil works just as well IMHO. Has always worked for me.

$8-$12 for 4 ounces of 'magic stuff' is pretty common. Rem-Oil is a VERY expensive way to buy ordinary mineral oil, (which is the major ingredient in a LOT of proprietary 'gun oils') even when it is on sale.

Not especially fond of 3-in-1 on firearms, pretty runny to my taste, but a nephew has used it forever with no problems. Don't think it has much in the way of long term anti-corrosion additives though.

But, Dexron ATF is excellent, only drawback is the smell and the tendency for the dye in it to stain things if you over lube (which most people do, less is more but some folks never learned that)

And everyone knows Mobil-One works just fine!

Both have anti corrosion additives, which most 'gun oils' do not have.

And Bearing grease or our old friend Lubriplate work just fine.

I'm a big fan of FP-10 and more recently Steel Shield (George Fennell knows the lubrication technology AND firearms) but short of cash and needy, I'd use the motor oil or ATF and never worry for a moment.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
cz7

Thumbs up yes i do !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post

$8-$12 for 4 ounces of 'magic stuff' is pretty common. Rem-Oil is a VERY expensive way to buy ordinary mineral oil, (which is the major ingredient in a LOT of proprietary 'gun oils') even when it is on sale.

Not especially fond of 3-in-1 on firearms, pretty runny to my taste, but a nephew has used it forever with no problems. Don't think it has much in the way of long term anti-corrosion additives though.

But, Dexron ATF is excellent, only drawback is the smell and the tendency for the dye in it to stain things if you over lube (which most people do, less is more but some folks never learned that)

And everyone knows Mobil-One works just fine!

Both have anti corrosion additives, which most 'gun oils' do not have.

And Bearing grease or our old friend Lubriplate work just fine.

I'm a big fan of FP-10 and more recently Steel Shield (George Fennell knows the lubrication technology AND firearms) but short of cash and needy, I'd use the motor oil or ATF and never worry for a moment.

Regards,
''Mobil-One works just fine '' its one of the best for weapons !! i seen it work better than many snake oils and it cleans up afterwards by wipe off !!all my weapons get it ....
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
cz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfire
I'm a sucker for snake oils...

Right now, I'm running the Militec stuff. The main reason I bought it, besides my being a sucker, is that they donate a bunch of it to our soldiers in the sand box.

Before it was stolen, I had worked Tetra grease into the rails on my 1911 for years. I had polished them first, then started with the grease. It felt like it ran on ball bearings, but it could have just been because I had shot it so much, and the steel was so smooth.

A fellow did a corrosion test several years ago and posted the results on a gun board (I really don't remember which one), and Mobil 1 beat all the other gee-whiz oils/lubricants/protectants to shame for its value as a corrosion inhibitor.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
perado

Say what you want, but I still like my Glocks.
perado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
perado

Well, what I meant to say is that I did, before I sold allllll my guns off.
perado is offline   Reply With Quote