Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #61
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

No safe in my house, guns are where i put 'em. If my barely 3 year old GrandDaughter can sternly lecture her Mom and Grandma, "Poppa's guns, DO NOT TOUCH, NO, NO. NO! (Cracks me up) But if a 3 year old can get the message, I expect anyone else in my home to 'get it' also.

Been a mess of kids in my various homes over the years, no problem with kids and guns, start 'em young, take the mystery out of it all, let them shoot one now and again, and they treat 'em like what they are, heavy, noisy and slightly boring tools.

Had to make a couple changes following my last sleep test on the 3rd , seems normal people are paralyzed while dreaming and I'm not. I act out, problem was masked by other problems which kept me from dreaming at all. supposed to be rare.

So now the 'bedside' 1911 is in a drawer 2 steps away, and the Mossy 500 is 3 steps away. been a long time since I had many 'bad dreams' but I'm not taking any chances. Retreiving either now takes 3 distinct and conscious actions.

If you've ever hit your bed-partner in your sleep, get it checked out and make changes as indicated.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #62
ConTender Foot
Battleship Champion, Navy Battles Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
...if you know someone has broken into your house why stumble around in the dark and maybe make noise and tip the intruder off as to your location?
If I could get the kids herded into my bedroom, I'd be content to wait it out but the way my home is layed out I'm most likely going to have to go hunting. The Kimber Eclipse and the Sig 226 are locked in a small safe in the bedroom during the day and unlocked at night. If someone pulls in the driveway that I don't know during the day, I have plenty of time to get the Kimber and slip it into the small of my back if I feel the need. Three dogs and a couple hundred feet between me and the road buys me some time.

Getting back to the question if I had to choose between an AR and a shotgun in the house, I'd take a shotgun.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #63
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

No safe, just scattered guns.
It would still probably be one of the .44s.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #64
AKWARRIOR
Gone

My 3rd "go to" gun is in the safe.I only lock the safe when I leave the house so its not an issue.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #65
Glock AK47son
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Whatever you personally shoot best. My AK47 is loaded with Soft noses and has a krebs ghost ring sight with a front painted sight post. It is grab ready by my bed.

I hope to someday to acquire a pistol-caliber carbine, a 9mm Keltec or .45 acp hI-point would be totally excellent for an HD long gun.
Glock AK47son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #66
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock AK47son View Post
Whatever you personally shoot best. My AK47 is loaded with Soft noses and has a krebs ghost ring sight with a front painted sight post. It is grab ready by my bed.

I hope to someday to acquire a pistol-caliber carbine, a 9mm Keltec or .45 acp hI-point would be totally excellent for an HD long gun.
Well said, i picked up a couple of Hi-Point 9mm carbines before I left the Midwest, rather .45 but it was still vapor then.

Seem admirably suited for HD, the 9mm gains significantly from the longer bbl of the carbine, 45 doesn't gain much, tailored for a 5" bbl as it is. 9's are also a lot of fun for SG (rabbits don't go nowhere) and just plinking.

Never a problem with either one, still seem suited to the task.

Wife needs more practice with hers, always more practice.

Few things scarier on this planet than a blind woman with a loaded firearm!

Hmmm, well she's scariest with a shotgun, but her and her hi-point run a close second.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #67
Rew

I'm an old Infantry rifleman, but in the house I'm an old infantry shotgunner. With a 19 shot 9mm back up, the 10mm tends to blow through to many wall's. I've decided it's more of a hunting pistol. Three of my 9mm loads in the chest should suffice. I will go hunting I was trained to be rather aggressive.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 AM   #68
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Ten rounds of 15 pellet, 3" 00 Buck in the Saiga 12 that lays atop the covers on my bed. If I ever get in the mood to dick around with the rogue BATFE, I might shorten the barrel to about 16"... currently just over 20" with the muzzle brake in place.

Of course... my ParaOrdnance P14/45 is right next to the shotgun.

If the noise is bedroom close? The pistol comes up. If it is downstairs? Might or might not choose the shotgun. One thing is for certain, however... ain't a gonna be fumblin' around in the dark and come up just a holdin' my dick.

And the 16" barrel Paratrooper FAL? That leans in the corner next to the bed? Well... don't rightly seem the proper choice, yanno? (unless my plan is to chase around outside...)
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #69
Bluntforce
slug

Answer to OP, never.