Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #16
JD Miller
Fake Member

Maybe I should use Twitter so I can socialize with important people like Kanye west, the kardashians, cahrlie sheen, paris hilton etc
Old 05-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #17
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Thanks, Im starting to figure it out. Havent found "uninstall" yet. My favorite tool
just click on the apps and it will give you the option.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #18
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

I hate PC's,

give me a mainframe any day... Umm ... forget the mainframe give me the1.5 mil a basic ised 3800 series IBM would cost, and I'll pay some geek to do my 'puter stuff for me.

I severed my loose connection with mucro-crap when they were going to give me $50 to Beta test Windows 95. Took over a week to get back to usability, and then I needed help from Phil Katz ( who got his version to work in only 3 long days.

Told Micro they weren't even close to a satisfactory machine. they said it was, I canceled my developers contract and told them to piss off.

5 Weeks later they were selling Win 95, a buggy half assed bells and whistles mod to the previous version.

Been okay w/ 7 on my computers, until they started trying to up me to 10 (while 'puter was sleeping,)

Fubar, 2 good desktops and one pricey laptop later and I'm using an old 7 laptop with fubar keys and an add on keyboard I borrowed.

Got a new cheap tablet coming today, we'll see how 10 works on that, don't need all the ornaments anymore, and if a tablet seems doable, I'll get a better one.

Problem is IMNSHO, that the public sees them as all purpose appliances, and they aint, not yet anyhow. Trying to do too many things, like a combination potato peeler, life jacket and 458 Winchester elephant gun, all in one package.

Day will come when the full potential of the personal computer will be rrealized ( like optical drives ) but not until the mfrs have milked every incremental improvement for every penny thay can squeeze out of us mere peasants.

Okay, Okay rant off.

But I still hate PC's!

and Microsoft too!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #19
JD Miller
Fake Member

I keep thinking, how much of my time and my life have I wasted on the computer Quagmire , that I could have spent doing something constructive or just enjoying the outdoors fishing or hiking or just sitting in the forest watching animals or shooting a computer as a target with a rifle

Bill Gates and his nerds of quagmire suck
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #20
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I bought a new laptop with Windoze 10 on it. I don't like it but the only thing I use it for is processing photos. I got Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop Elements installed. That's good enough for now.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #21
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Bjg Brown tyruck left me a kinda beat up box, a few hourts ago,

They'd actually managed to leave some kind of wheel tracks on the outer package, soak one corner of the box in some oil like liquid, Wow!

Oh, the $150 tablet?

Trashed, the corner of the case next to the on/off switch had enough impact to seperate the case shell, permanently, leaving about a 2" by 1/8 inch opportunity for water or bugs to get in.

I thought well, duct tape would fix that opening, so I chsrged ip the battery, taped 'er up and played newbie on it, unteresting little gadget, I see potential in these things.

Then I turned the power off .......... you got it, can't switch the power off, have to wait for the battery to drain .... everything else works as advertised or as expected.

Reckon I'll try again ... if I can find one they will guarantee me is ups proof.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #22
Dannyboy

My wife bought me a desktop a few months ago that neither of us know much about frankly. The OS is Windows 10 Pro and I have discovered that I despise Win 10! After using it about 15-20 minutes I can no longer click and open any links, pages, etc. Often I get a message reading..."Hmm, we can't reach this page, try this..."

I have four PC games I have had for years of which only one will play on this computer. I can restart the PC and it will operate normally for a few minutes again but then reverts to the same crap. I am at a point where I am considering sending a 230 gr .45 auto round through it! (wifey says NO)

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and what I should do...besides summarily executing it?
Dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #23
4thIDvet
slug

Dannyboy o.k. now lad calm down. Don't yah be putting the old .45 to the computer I did that to a T.V. and it gets a bit expensive. Ah the old lady starts screaming about the police and stuff it isn't be good lad.
Just switch to Firefox or some other damn thing these guys use. Ah hell for God sake the damn round took out the plumbing in the kitchen it did yah. The new T.V. was cheap but that damn plumber cost me a fortune.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #24
JD Miller
Fake Member

I use Firefox on my windows 10.

I could not even figure out WTF how windows 10 worked. It was a big "What the fuk is this crap".

I loaded Firefox and it changed the whole dang thing so its familiar and easy to use
Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #25
Dannyboy

Well thanks fellers, didn't think about Firefox but...sounds like Firefox it is! I had that on another computer a few years back and really liked it.

Thanks again guys!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #26
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Yep, Firefox, that's what I use also.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #27
Dannyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
I use Firefox on my windows 10.

I could not even figure out WTF how windows 10 worked. It was a big "What the fuk is this crap".

I loaded Firefox and it changed the whole dang thing so its familiar and easy to use
That's about where I am with this crap JD, this is the biggest POS Bill Gates has come up with so far in my humble opinion. I'm downloading Foxfire as we speak.

Thanks again to all of you!
Old 03-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #28
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas what is going on and what I should do...besides summarily executing it?
Remove the Windoze drive from the computer, find the nearest garbage can and install said Windoze drive. Purchase a new drive and install any one, or more, of a myriad of Linux distros available. Sit back and enjoy your new computer.

http://distrowatch.com/

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #29
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
My wife bought me a desktop a few months ago that neither of us know much about frankly. The OS is Windows 10 Pro and I have discovered that I despise Win 10! After using it about 15-20 minutes I can no longer click and open any links, pages, etc. Often I get a message reading..."Hmm, we can't reach this page, try this..."

I have four PC games I have had for years of which only one will play on this computer. I can restart the PC and it will operate normally for a few minutes again but then reverts to the same crap. I am at a point where I am considering sending a 230 gr .45 auto round through it! (wifey says NO)

Your best bet is to use the "Classic Start Menu" option.

Here is how to do it. http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/ch...ook,2-302.html
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #30
JD Miller
Fake Member

Pretty bad when people have to design old style windows apps in order to actually use windows 10