Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 09-04-2021, 07:39 PM   #16
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Nice thing about most android phones is they don't become obsolete in 6-7 years. You could use the oldest Samsung made. But, it would be slower and it wouldn't have as much ram, or hard drive space. And it wouldn't be able to run some of the newer apps.
That's good to know and good 'pro' info about androids...

...and cons about iphones get obsolete in a few years

Old 03-15-2024, 05:54 PM   #17
dinkydow

Question

I am looking at Samsung S21 smartphones.... Pros cons? My S10 is about to finally die out, battery does not want to hold the charge for long. Lots of brands of smartphones are on sale.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:18 PM   #18
JD Miller
Fake Member

I hate my smart phone

Are you gonna play video games and gaming

This yammerin' young fellow like it
https://www.google.com/search?q=sams...VcO5dUnYY,st:0
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:49 PM   #19
dinkydow

Exclamation

I just ordered a new Samsung S21 Ultra. The charging port on my S10, has taken a shit. DD gots to have his phone. Business is business $$. I did some product research... Then did "buy now." E bay always has the best prices. This is the 3rd phone i have purchased there over the lat ten years. The 2nd smartphone. The S10 gave me four years of good service, so I figure it owes me nothing. Only got dropped twice. Free Fed X 2day shipping.

NIB, factory unlocked. 256 SD card. Color black. Its stupid easy to pull the SIM card out of the old one and slip.it into the new one. Verizon charges $10.00 to transfer my apps and images, etc into my new phone. Not even worth me fucking with it. If the SIM card is different, Verizon will furnish an updated version for free.

I never buy used electronics or "refurbished." I have....but never again, only NIB.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:51 PM   #20
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
I hate my smart phone

Are you gonna play video games and gaming

This yammerin' young fellow like it
https://www.google.com/search?q=sams...VcO5dUnYY,st:0
Not on my phone. I have a desktop for gaming.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:58 PM   #21
JD Miller
Fake Member

How much did you pay $$$$$$$$$$ for the s21?

Hell my sailfoam is the next thing that will probably die

what is the "ultra"?

my samsung a42 is 6 1/2" x 3" . Kinda wish I would have got a smaller one .

I cant read shit on it anyway with out my reading glasses, which I never use unless Im at home

Ive never done "gaming", ever. My phone takes damn good pictures though
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:23 PM   #22
dinkydow

Bart

I purchased a 2year extended warranty and paid IIRC @ $495.00 delivered. The Ultra had the best specs. I nearly always use specifications vs price in my purchasing.

Do a search on the various models and you will find tutorials that compare and contrast the various galaxy models. I did not wish to spend $2000.00 so there was no need to go absolute, "top shelf." Like the S24 bi-folders. I did not care for what I read about their S-22 models. "The fastest depreciating in price smart phone ever."
Old 03-15-2024, 09:44 PM   #23
aviator
unum de multis

This last Christmas I bought two iphone 15's one for the wife, one for the daughter and I kept my daughter's iphone 12. I update every two three years or when batteries stop holding charge.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM   #24
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I just ordered a new Samsung S21 Ultra. The charging port on my S10, has taken a shit. DD gots to have his phone. Business is business $$. I did some product research... Then did "buy now." E bay always has the best prices. This is the 3rd phone i have purchased there over the lat ten years. The 2nd smartphone. The S10 gave me four years of good service, so I figure it owes me nothing. Only got dropped twice. Free Fed X 2day shipping.

NIB, factory unlocked. 256 SD card. Color black. Its stupid easy to pull the SIM card out of the old one and slip.it into the new one. Verizon charges $10.00 to transfer my apps and images, etc into my new phone. Not even worth me fucking with it. If the SIM card is different, Verizon will furnish an updated version for free.

I never buy used electronics or "refurbished." I have....but never again, only NIB.
I have a Samsung 21+. Ive been happy with it
Old 03-21-2024, 12:28 AM   #25
dinkydow

ant

I was able to transfer all data, apps, images, etc., wirelessly, from my Galaxy S10, to the new, Galaxy 21 Ultra. Now THAT was cool. I have not switched SIM cards yet...I will do that tomorrow. I notice there is no provision for a memory chip. Hmmmm.

Screen is longer than my other phone but @ the same width. I will keep the S10 around as a backup. I also nabbed a wireless recharging platform. WOW! I should have picked up on one of those MUCH sooner. It recharges a phone FASTER than using the cable.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:34 AM   #26
dinkydow

Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
How much did you pay $$$$$$$$$$ for the s21?
Amazon now has a slightly better price, but that, might depend on which S21+ memory size you want. Compare and contrast spec vs price between what Amazon has and what is available on E Bay.