Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
cerberus
Dud

Default Contenders

Over the last couple of days, I picked up my 2nd and 3rd Contenders. One open iron sights and the other 1-4X scope. They are one sexy gun.
Friday, my guys will be coming back from a wedding they went to with their mom. I'll take them to the range on Saturday and give these things a test drive.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I had a contender with a 7-30 waters barrel and a 357 herrett barrel. I had another contender in .22 LR. I could not shoot them well.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:07 AM   #3
cerberus
Dud

My original Contender has a 12" .44mag and a 16" .223 with an ol skewl Herters 4x33 scope. I use a shoulder stock when I use the scoped .223.
I've shot wild hawg with both and for me, both are monotonously accurate. This is one of my toys that makes me shoot 'over my head'.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
Legion489
Dud

Yeah, love my Contender and the 20 or so barrels I have for it. Bought it back when the price was reasonable and the quality good. Now? Too expensive and from some of what I've seen of some the new ones, not made with pride. I mean I can buy a complete rifle for what they want for one barrel! Sure the new ones can handle stuff that mine can't, but I am not shooting a 14"/15"/16" .300 Win Mag through a 3 lb. pistol, thanks very much.

Yeah, Herter's had a lot of great stuff that was priced right! Still have A LOT of Herter's stuff that STILL works great! Unlike the Lee pot metal presses...
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

My first Contender was a .357 Herrett, dang that was a straight shooting piece.
Didn't do much for hunting coyotes though, unless you made a head shot when prime.
Any other time the pelts weren't worth anything.
That was 40 years ago and I've had a bunch of barrels and frames since then.

One of my favorites is the .223 with the Choate 'rubber' rifle stock.

10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
belt-fed

my contender I got with 14" 45-70 for hogs when I was in south Texas work great
on them pick up 10" 410 barrel last year at a gun show fun to shoot
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote