Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Default Conversation with God

An article headed 'Pope challenges state's core values' appeared in this
morning's Chronicle. I cannot find a link to it on the Chronicle's website.

The article deals with the pontiff's poor opinion of Texas' reliance on '...the
exploitation of oil and gas.'

I'll not go into that bunch of malarkey as i was struck by a sentence in the
opening paragraphs, 'Now here comes one of the largest and most
conservative religious organizations in the world, the Roman Catholic
Church...speaking through its leader, a man widely believed to
communicate directly with God..."

Perhaps I'm not reading that statement correctly, but the inference
(perhaps even the implication) is that the Pope is the only man able
to communicate directly with God.

How can that be? Do members of the Roman church really believe this?

Isn't prayer, a practice in which billions of people - Christians and those of
other faiths - participate, the individual's conversation with The Almighty - a
conversation whereby we offer our praise, our thanks and a petition for our
needs? And doesn't God speak with us at such times one way or another?

I don't need an idolater to speak to The Lord on my behalf.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Speaking to your own, personal, Higher Power is just that PERSONAL.

Some people do it one way, some do it another. Some feel the need of a 'designation' through an organized group. (denomination)

In reality, it is all about how you live your life and interact with those around you.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:08 AM   #3
WWes
Dud

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
And doesn't God speak with us at such times one way or another?

I don't need an idolater to speak to The Lord on my behalf.
Not my forum or place but I have an opinion I'll share. God is a lot of different things to a lot of different people and I disagree with most of their opinions. I'll happily admit with a big, honest smile that I'm wrong in many regards, if not all. I'm not one that desires everlasting life, not that I'm a bad man. It's never been my desire. I enjoy most of my life without "faith". Sad but true. Sad for who? Not me. I get along. Everyday isn't the adventure it used to be but it's close enough.

It's been almost 27 years since I suckled a refund teet. I watched some MSNBC crap a few hours ago. Rachel Maddow, the un-doable angry lesbian. She trashed Fox News for their debate platform and later attacked the Pope for his potential cocaine use in an upcoming Bolivian visit.

LOL!

John Paul drank coca tea, beats thieves in my neighborhood addicted to crack cocaine or Mexican import heroin/meth. When in Rome...
WWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:22 AM   #4
slug

I never figured that I needed to talk to a middle man.
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
remus

I communicate knowingly twice a day. Once upon awakening, and when I bed myself down. I say: "Thank you for the day God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Works for me.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. The Pope doesn't speak for me. NO ONE speaks for me, except me.

The Pope's have become more a political tool than anything else. When the Vatican sells off all its art treasures and hands over the vast majority of its wealth to the truly poor, than I will give them a fair shake. Until then, the Pope can take his politics and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #8
Bluntforce
slug

I've noticed almost all famous people think they're politicians. I've also noticed almost all non-famous people think they are either cops or lawyers.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:59 AM   #9
WWes
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
I've noticed almost all famous people think they're politicians. I've also noticed almost all non-famous people think they are either cops or lawyers.

No disagreement here.

I survived a stroke a week and few hours ago. Collapsed and trashed my bathroom. No insurance thanks to myself and a couple hundred assholes that failed America. And a niqqer with a fantasy. Damn that man, or whatever he really is.

Good news is. Duh. Been typing all week. But...

It was awful. It was terrifying. I was literally in fear of dying. I woke up around 5:00 am unable to breath. I got up from bed and made it to my bathroom where I collapsed to the floor trashing everything in sight. I pulled myself out and wandered down the hall and woke my mother. Never felt so bad ever.

"Call a squad". She refused because it could cost $3-5k. Well I'll call a squad for her. Bitch. First review was potential food poisoning but the verdict is in. One heat stroke, one "regular" stroke.

I'll never ask that woman for a damn thing again. I see what the niqqer in chief has done to us. My own mother feared for her savings, I could pay the bill.

Yes, I'm reviewing my bad habits and life goals. I'm not done, I sure don't want to go the way I felt last week. Collapse really sums it up. It was awful, not the way any of us would choose to go.

I honestly believe good people deserve a peaceful death. What more could a man ask for?
WWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #10
Stalky

Everyone should speak to God. Old American Indian saying."white man goes to church to talk ABOUT God.red man goes to the forest to talk TO god". My belief too. Make your choice
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #11
Stalky

WWes glad you're still here man.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote