Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

Default Fishing cart...

With the two lakes I fish here only being about five minutes from the house, I've been wanting to make one of these for a while and finally bought the stock I needed for the frame. I got the basic idea for that from a kids trailer I have for my youngest son-

I used aluminum for the frame, 1/4" ply for the main body, and machined a couple mounting blocks for the wheels.

I made it to where I could swap the wheels between the two. Just a little clip holding them on on both trailers.
I have plenty of space in the main compartment for gear, and could fit a small igloo cooler in there also.

I also made a back compartment for anything I catch. I'm thinking about lining that part of it with some type of foam sheeting.

Pretty much all that remains to be done is trying to decide how I want to paint or finish it.
OneShot729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Pretty neat. I'd use a good primer and an acrylic enamel to keep that plywood from warping or separating.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
RTO

That's slick OneShot. That reflector on the rear is an important feature. I like that beer cooler on the back.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have a fishing pier cart that I made decades ago. I made it in an off base apartment that I was living in near Ft Rucker Alabama.

I didn't have the availability of many tools, but I got it good enough to work hauling my stuff out on a fishing pier. Not nearly as fancy as yours though.

Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

My oldest brother made a couple carts for pier fishing when I was younger. Four all together..one for my brothers and dad to use, two for my uncles, and one for an older guy that lived a couple houses from us. Where we lived was two blocks from Lake Michigan.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

The yellow and red dot is where the house is I used to live in when I was younger. The orange line going from the beach to the bend in the pier used to be really good waters for netting smelt. The chances of bring home an ice-chest full in a night aren't anything like they used to be. Last I had heard there was talk of imposing a limit on the number a person could take home.
The green lines on either side of the pier were and still are great for steelhead, coho and chinook salmon, lake, brown, and some rainbow trout. Occassionally a guy would get lucky enough to haul in a decent walleye.
The pier had a fairly decent flat cement top on it all the way out to the lighthouse. The snaked part coming off where the blue lines are was added on after the original pier was put in. It's not flat on the top of that part...it's just big rock piled up for a breaker wall. In recent years, guys have been pulling some good size smallies from off of here.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Dang, I'd like to live close to a good fishing pier. Where is that at?
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

The pier picture is where I had to fish when I was younger. It's in the city of Sheboygan, Wis. I wish there was something like that around where I am now. As it is, these two lakes are where I fish now. The larger of them has a surface area of about 55 acres and the smaller is about half that much.
The top lake was created in the early 70's to keep flooding to a minimum. The smaller of the two lakes actually goes back to the towns beginning. It used to be the spot where the trains would stop to refill their boilers.
The yellow and red dot is where I'm at now. The blue lines are spots for bass and bluegill. The yellow lines are where I get a decent amount of crappie, and the red lines are the good spots for catfish.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Sheboygan?

One of the few things I regret about our move west is that it denies our monthly trips to Sheboygan for REAL Bratwurst, visits to the Old Wisconsin Outlet store and the nearby Cheese Factories outlet stores.

Though in truth I have lost a few pounds due to the move. Which may not be a total coincidence.

Sheboygan is a nice town, more like WI cities used to be, I do believe it's still a decent place to live, based on the few inhabitants I actually knew there.

Lake fish are safer to eat up that way too, farther away from Milwaukee's regular and continuious dump of raw sewage onto the lake. (Astonishing what a total Democrat controlled City and State can get away with. Rules and laws are for other people!)

Do you still have relatives there? And or get back once in a while?

I always found our drives and visits up there to be surprisingly relaxing.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

With the exception of just a few, most all of my family and cousins still live in Sheboygan or other parts of Wis.
I know full well what you mean about REAL brats. The crap that's available in stores here doesn't even come close to what a good brat should be like. Any time I'm up that way, there's three places I stop before I come home. One place for 40 lbs. of brats, one place for a box of summer sausage, and the last place for some really good hardrolls. My wife thinks I'm mentally ill when it comes to these things....but I've pretty well got her spoiled too.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
Bluntforce
slug

Nice cart.