Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default Major mess around my house.

I had a drainage cast iron pipe brake under the house, it happened about 17 years ago and I was able to remove the bottom of a wall next to the kitchen and dig down to the pipe and replaced about 10 feet with PVC, now it broke further down and I just couldn't deal with it any longer without messing up the tile floor right down the middle of the dining room. so I called my son and he gave me an option, since it's just the washer and kitchen sink we could go out the wall and re-run a new line of 3" PVC underground around the house to the main sewer line. It took me a few months to get him to do it but he finally showed up yesterday with a crew of four and got it done. Started at 9 am and finished at 6 pm non-stop work. then they got to the other end of the house and capped that line so it's dead underground. I had to remove plants, I have a 1 X 12 feet piece of concrete gone from the garage landing area which I have to fix and a lot of sand around the landscape which I have to level and mulch. I'm half way done.

It pays to have a son who owns a medium sized plumbing outfit. I feel sorry for him, he had to be at a restaurant at 6 am today for maintenance and then was meeting with the crew at another job site downtown.

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Geez, some guys have all the fun.

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I can do almost anything around my house. I hate plumbing the most. It seems nothing ever goes as planned. It's always worse than you thought it was and requires several trips to get more stuff.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

Plumbers and proctologists get all the good paying jobs!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Sanders

My daughter had to take care of plumbing issues in their "new" house (built in the 60's). The cast iron pipes were rotted out. They had to tear up the concrete floors to replace them. It cost them mucho $$$. I told them to check and see if any of that might be covered by insurance or that the inspector missed it. They just bought the place.

I thought pipe bursting technology had advanced to where they didn't have to do that anymore? Maybe it is just for the big mains and such?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Travish

Don't feel to bad. Your son owes you. Mine will never be able to pay back all the shit he put me through. I'm trying though. Ha ha.
Travish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
RTO
CoO moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
I can do almost anything around my house. I hate plumbing the most. It seems nothing ever goes as planned. It's always worse than you thought it was and requires several trips to get more stuff.
Amen, that's fact with me too.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
He is in the business and had to go to his warehouse twice, but it's only about ten minutes away from here.

Travish, I asked him how much and he threw a shovel at me. He had four guys working on this yesterday and he says he owes me more than that but I don't want him to get hurt....even though he's finishing a 100K job at that building downtown.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

On a side note: Thursday they had nothing to do so he grabbed both crews and chartered a fishing boat, took them out for day of fishing, they have all been working their asses off.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Good that you caught it before it became a major Sink Hole.

When it comes to evil, to tolerate is to accommodate, to accommodate is to appease, and to appease is to concede defeat.

"Men find all kinds of ways to believe ANY absurdity!"

10 Bears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #11
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travish View Post
Don't feel to bad. Your son owes you. Mine will never be able to pay back all the shit he put me through. I'm trying though. Ha ha.
We share a common sentiment.
When I retired 5 years ago, I left my son in charge of a prospering remodeling / contracting company.

The little bastard ran it into the ground, sold off assets and now he's in jail for 2 years for being an asshole.
Violation of probation
Possession of a controlled substance
Driving while revoked
Being an asshole in the presence of an officer.

He's always been the "world owes me a living" type.
Well, now he's getting his share of benefits from the state of Fla.
45yrs. old, too.
Has 4 kids from 4 different women and I don't get to see any of them.

Hard to forgive.

By comparison, I'd rather have Aviator's troubles...
Shooter 14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Good that you caught it before it became a major Sink Hole.
It's been there for a little while as I waited on him and that was one of my major concerns, see...we are floating on sand here, water pushes sand out and next you know I have a structural problem. I have seen houses here with the floor at an angle and when I looked outside a big crack on the outside wall.