Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.



Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
Angry White Trash
Senior Member
 
Angry White Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ice Station Zebra
Posts: 11,466
Default Blew my back out again this morning

I was working on a trailer that a friend borrowed to me this morning and was just fixing a few things on it when suddenly it felt like a small stick of dynomite went off in my low back.

Went to see the chiropractor afterwards and it felt worse.

I've done this so many times that I know exactly what I'm in for.... I'll be in pain for 5-6 more days and will struggle to walk and get out of bed & chairs, etc. Then it will calm down and feel tight for 2 months.

Then, it's just a matter of when it will happen again.

Oh well, I'm not dead... it's just a sucky low back.

Nuff said.
__________________
“Be all the Crusader you can be” -- me
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,045
Default

I finally talked my doctor into a script for my lower back. Tramadol evert 6 hours. It sure fucks up my taking a shit!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod
 
dinkydow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Great White North
Posts: 76,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I finally talked my doctor into a script for my lower back. Tramadol evert 6 hours. It sure fucks up my taking a shit!
I am not convinced that Tramadol is NOT a placebo. It does nothing to relieve pain. I had a toothache. I took six of them in one hour...did NOTHING to help stop the pain. Last script for them I ended up just pouring them into the toilet.
__________________
Our forefathers would have already been shooting...by now.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Infantry Brawl”
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I am not convinced that Tramadol is NOT a placebo. It does nothing to relieve pain. I had a toothache. I took six of them in one hour...did NOTHING to help stop the pain. Last script for them I ended up just pouring them into the toilet.
They are more of an anti inflammatory then pain killer. Doctor don't write pain meds for fear of the gubmint!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
Czubek
Moderator
Cat Bowling Champion
 
Czubek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stover, Missouri
Posts: 31,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
They are more of an anti inflammatory then pain killer. Doctor don't write pain meds for fear of the gubmint!
They are an opioid pain medication.

Brian
__________________
3

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
Czubek
Moderator
Cat Bowling Champion
 
Czubek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stover, Missouri
Posts: 31,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I am not convinced that Tramadol is NOT a placebo. It does nothing to relieve pain. I had a toothache. I took six of them in one hour...did NOTHING to help stop the pain. Last script for them I ended up just pouring them into the toilet.
They sure worked for me, when I had my double total knee replacements.

Brian
Czubek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
riderv700
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I am not convinced that Tramadol is NOT a placebo. It does nothing to relieve pain. I had a toothache. I took six of them in one hour...did NOTHING to help stop the pain. Last script for them I ended up just pouring them into the toilet.
You are right. That is the first thing a doctor will try to pawn off on you. Bout as useless as tits on a boar hog. I finally tell them to cut to the chase and give me some real pain relief.
riderv700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:09 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 37,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry White Trash View Post
I was working on a trailer that a friend borrowed to me this morning and was just fixing a few things on it when suddenly it felt like a small stick of dynomite went off in my low back.

Went to see the chiropractor afterwards and it felt worse.

I've done this so many times that I know exactly what I'm in for.... I'll be in pain for 5-6 more days and will struggle to walk and get out of bed & chairs, etc. Then it will calm down and feel tight for 2 months.

Then, it's just a matter of when it will happen again.

Oh well, I'm not dead... it's just a sucky low back.

Nuff said.
Try having the same pain every day for over a year, finally got to a doctor and he says "I have the same problem, let's try some therapy and see if it helps, go and take Iboprophen".

My prescription, go get drunk!
__________________

Je suis deplorable
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug
 
4thIDvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Astor Florida
Posts: 32,281
Default

Geez I hope it goes away AWT I think back pain is second only to a damn toothache.
__________________
God Bless Americas Veterans. All who are serving and have served.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars
 
mr-ak-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In another Galaxy, another dimension, another time
Posts: 24,652
Default

.....Never Fear.....DR. mr-ak-47 is here..........

Seems alot you guys having back problems,..could be you have tooooo much money in your wallet,...give it to some negro or mudslum refugee.....that will lighten the load

....if problem still presits .....I'll find another vid for you ....meantime


...Refrences.....sure....ask any old friend

....


....or...see my TV commercial......




....as usual,....there is No Charge for my medical advise today....


......and shit.


.
__________________
The law today is what the state decides it is today. But only the state knows what it will be tomorrow.

In the single party state, dissenting votes are considered treason.
mr-ak-47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #11
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod
 
dinkydow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Great White North
Posts: 76,859
Default

Well....they have no effect on my pain. VA acts like they are some kind of SUPER dope that ranks with Morphine. I get more relief out of advil. Fuck tramadol that shit is a joke.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #12
CDawg
Senior Member
 
CDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Well....they have no effect on my pain. VA acts like they are some kind of SUPER dope that ranks with Morphine. I get more relief out of advil. Fuck tramadol that shit is a joke.
Tramadol just recently got upgraded to a "controlled substance". For minor to moderate pain i found it worked alright. Actually, it just helped me mind the pain less. ...if that makes any sense. The pain didn't "go away". I still knew it was there, but just paid less attention to it. Invented by the Germans. The guys who brought us methamphetamine and other such wonders.
__________________
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning" Erwin Rommel

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #13
riderv700
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDawg View Post
Tramadol just recently got upgraded to a "controlled substance". For minor to moderate pain i found it worked alright. Actually, it just helped me mind the pain less. ...if that makes any sense. The pain didn't "go away". I still knew it was there, but just paid less attention to it. Invented by the Germans. The guys who brought us methamphetamine and other such wonders.
Works wonders on your A** Hole!
riderv700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #14
Carne Frio
Senior Member
 
Carne Frio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Near Fairbanks
Posts: 1,265
Default

My back used to go out once a year, for more than ten
years. I have L4-L5 and L5-S1 disks that protrude.
This year it has happened three times, so far. I am 72.
Ibuprofen and heating pads usually work and i am fine
after two or three days.
I also use "Activated CBD" made from hemp. It's legal,
but sometimes will give a positive result on a THC test.
I would say that the combo of meds works fine.
__________________
I'm thinking that we are going to need a lot more rope before this is over.
Carne Frio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #15
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 37,146
Default

When your back is out

everything hurts...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.