Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
jh45gun

Default Surplus Powder

WC867 50BMG 8lbs of 867 Spherical Smokeless Powder $49.00

6 Kegs Maximum under One $25.00 Haz_mat tag.

WC867 50BMG This is Brand New, Never Been Loaded. It is not pulled or reclaimed powder.

Use loading data for AA8700, work loads up accordingly.

There is almost no difference between WC867 and WC872 powder and the same loading data is used for both. The slight differences will depend on the bullet used, the neck tension, whether you are shooting a bolt action or semi auto. The individual guns MAY or may not shoot each powder differently. This is a surplus powder in which you will just have to find the best load that will work for your particular gun within the working range of powder used in the 50 BMG cartridge.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=10000013

WC872 WC872 50BMG 8lbs of 872 Spherical Smokeless Powder $49.00

6 Kegs Maximum under One $25.00 Haz_mat tag.

WC872 For 50BMG. This is Brand New, Never Been Loaded. It is not pulled or reclaimed powder.

Use loading data for AA8700, work loads up accordingly.

LOOK ON THE INTERNET AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THIS POWDER CAN BE USED FOR MANY DIFFERENT CALIBERS. MAINLY FOR HEAVY BULLET LAUNCHING! THE POWDER CURRENTLY IN STOCK IS ALL FROM THE SAME LOT, SO YOU CAN REORDER UNTIL WE ARE OUT AND HAVE THE SAME LOT #.

There is almost no difference between WC867 and WC872 powder and the same loading data is used for both. The slight differences will depend on the bullet used, the caliber, the neck tension, whether you are shooting a bolt action or semi auto. The individual guns MAY or may not shoot each powder differently. This is a surplus powder in which you will just have to find the best load that will work for your particular gun within the working range of the powder for each caliber

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=10000014
jh45gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Rew

That's an awfully slow powder. Personally I don't care for belted magnums. But for someone who does seems like a pretty good deal.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
That's an awfully slow powder. Personally I don't care for belted magnums. But for someone who does seems like a pretty good deal.
That's the reason they sell this stuff so cheap. It ain't worth a damn in 90% of the firearms out there. Supply and demand. Plenty of it but nobody wants it.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
RetVet
Statistical Error

Wish I had a 50BMG
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
flutedchamber

I have bought a bunch of surplus virgin powder in the past...in various burn rates from Bullseye to H50bmg. I am pleased with all the powder that I purchased.

With the surplus powder it is safer to work up a new load when you change jugs, even tho they may be the same lot # on the container. Better safe than sorry..eh??

I have some that is supposed to be equivalent to Unique. It seems to be in my estimation, but burns much cleaner. Well worth the money if they have power in the burn rate range that you need.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935
flutedchamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #6
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Good advice, Flute, and very true. Most of my shooting life has been spent burning up surplus powders and never had a lick of trouble with any of it.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
flutedchamber

Hell...Hodgdon sold surplus powder for years and peeps never gave it a second thought.
flutedchamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post
Hell...Hodgdon sold surplus powder for years and peeps never gave it a second thought.
Shortly before he died I had the privilege of talking to Bruce Hodgdon. I called the company with a question about H570 and no one remembered it. So the next thing I knew I was talking to Bruce himself. He had already passed on control of the company to others and was just "there" in his old office as something of honorary position.

I said, "Wow, I never expected to talk to you! I grew up shooting your powders."

Bruce laughed and said, "I grew OLD shooting my powders." And he remembered H570 and we talked about some loads for it. Mind still sharp as tack. About a month later Bruce died. Fine fellow and he blessed America with tons of excellent, affordable powder.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Well, DR, I do believe I have a can, (or partial can) sitting on a shelf in my reloading room.
I have some powders, out there, well over 40 years old.

edit:
Some of them priced in the $3.00/$4.00 per pound range.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Bear, you bandit! Back in the good old days we used to buy H570 for .60 cents a pound if you bought a 100 lb keg. Today the shipping alone on one of your cans of it would cost me a fortune. (Thank you UPS)

Anyhow, I no longer have anything that will eat powder this slow.