Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 09-06-2007, 01:36 AM   #31
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Per the "good book" of case conversions, .45 Schofield is 1.10 in case length. The "special" Webley that I am making is 0.91, so either way I will have to trim the cases. Anyone know off the top of their head the price for 100 of the.45 Schofield? It may be cheaper to just stick with the .45 LC bulk brass, and trim that. I don't count my time for personal projects, I just enjoy doing it.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #32
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I checked the Starline Website. Not that much difference in price. .45 Colt is $4.45 less than Schofield for 500 cases.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #33
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

So the point is, it is a slight savings to stick with LC, since I have to trim either way, and again, on my own projects, I don't count my time. I do for customers, but not on my own projects.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:49 AM   #34
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

OK, well I finaly got 50 of these trimmed, loaded, and taken to the range today. As 19 had raised previously, I now know that the back of the cylinder on this pistol was shaved to allow the use of the U.S. .45 AR (Auto Rim) cases. I kept having rounds not fire. Inspection of the primers showed a minor dent, but clearly not enough to allow ignition. Having used trimmed down .45LC cases, I guess the rim is not thick enough to make up the loss from shaving the cylinder, so I will have to use moon clips, but all in all, the rounds fired very well, and performed flawlessly (when the did fire) I loaded the cases with the same propellant charge I use in my .45AR rounds, but I used the same 255 grain bullet I use in my .45LC rounds.

I was very happy with the performance, and they made a nice healthy BANG! I think if I use the moon clip next time, that will solve the rim issue, and I will have no problems at all.

I will keep you all posted.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #35
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Wow! You're certainly determined.
The project completed, after six months!

Wish I had known, 50 years ago, how much the Webley's would appreciate.
There was a time that they were worth $5 and $10 each.
In very good condition.

But, just like everyone else, if I could buy one for $10 and sell it for $25 I felt I had done a good deal.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #36
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I wish I could find a really nice .455 for a reasonable price. So would everyone and their brother. But, I did manage to get a nice .38 cal Webley for not all that much a few years back.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #37
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I would like to find a .38 Webley, and I would really like to find one of the .455 Webley auto loaders.

Not much chance of that, but hey, you can always wish.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #38
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

[QUOTE=176]I would really like to find one of the .455 Webley auto loaders.QUOTE]

I am referring to the Colt produced model 1911A1, chambered in .455 Webley, for use by British forces, mostly commandos. I am not real impressed with the Webley auto loader. I have never heard good things about it, and I think it is ugly.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 AM   #39
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

OK, machined out a full moon clip to allow the cases to drop in easily.

Works great.