Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Knives
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Knives Discussion about knives

Old 12-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
Sanders

Default KA-BAR makes Space Force KA-BAR USSF SPACE-BAR Knife

Ummmm.....I have no words.

Quote:
The most popular military fighting knife in US history just got a makeover. We’ve seen Marines versions, Navy versions, and Army versions, and now there’s a Space Force version.
http://knifenewsroom.com/2020/12/ka-...ace-bar-knife/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Kind of a tough job for even the famous K-Bar knife. Aliens are quite well known to have wicked powerful ray guns that can fry you like burnt toast in a heartbeat.
Even this age old famous knife won't work against them. Uh so no saving my lunch money and buying a ray gun. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

I saw that when SMKW first put it up on the site.

I would have thought a space force knife would have been more like a lightsaber than a Ka-bar

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
twin50

Keep that k-bar away from my suit...
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

In a galaxy far, far away......
Old 12-15-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
Solid Snake

It has to be able to thoroughly mix a glass of Tang.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Thumbs down

I have two real K-BARS. One is WWII vintage and the other either Korea or Vietnam. They are well-seasoned, both the knives and sheaths. In their own way functional works of art. These new blades look like some Chicom shit you could buy at WallyWord for 19.95.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #8
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Is it weightless?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:40 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
I have two real K-BARS. One is WWII vintage and the other either Korea or Vietnam. They are well-seasoned, both the knives and sheaths. In their own way functional works of art. These new blades look like some Chicom shit you could buy at WallyWord for 19.95.
Yup I have a few WWII vintage K-Bars and their like steel I beams compared to the new ones.
Got a pile of military knives and bayos. Real nice smaller version of the K-Bar a military pilots survival knife. Damn that thing is super well made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircre...l_Egress_Knife

Ontario Canada knife company. Nice well made little guy. Trying to find the diamond sharpener for it with no luck.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #10
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Pictured is my post-WWII K-BAR, along with a WWII Navy knife. It's an old USMC issue toad-stabber as you can see by the blade and embossed leather scabbard. I think the scabbard is as neat as the knife.

MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #11
Sanders

My cousin was given a knife by an old timer he had helped out. It had been in the guy's garage and was pretty well worn, and the leather case looked pretty rough was well. My cousin is pretty handy at restoring things and figured he could clean it up and have a nice knife.

Then he did some research on the blade markings. Apparently, the knife was originally purchased for issue to the unit that were to become the Rangers in WW2. It looks similar to that Navy knife, and the case too.

Needless to say, he decided not to restore it, but just cleaned it up by wiping it down with some oil.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:10 AM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Do knives work in space?
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #13
RetVet
Statistical Error

A space force without a manned rocket or "spaceship" is a joke. I guess some general in the former Air force space command had enough pull or connections to lobby for and get a whole new separate military branch created. What a fucking joke, but then again, under Obama, the air force took the goofyness to a whole new level.

What do they need a Kabar for other than prying open a computer console or slitting a bag of Cheetos.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #14
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
A space force without a manned rocket or "spaceship" is a joke. I guess some general in the former Air force space command had enough pull or connections to lobby for and get a whole new separate military branch created. What a fucking joke, but then again, under Obama, the air force took the goofyness to a whole new level.

What do they need a Kabar for other than prying open a computer console or slitting a bag of Cheetos.
Word is starting to get out that the Space Force has taken control of satellite management from NASA and the Air Force, and that was their main purpose to begin with.

That said, if you threw a knife from the space station, with a good tumble to it, how long and how far would the knife continue to tumble as it orbited the Earth without hitting anything?
Old 01-05-2021, 06:06 AM   #15
RetVet
Statistical Error

Creating a separate branch to do the job the air force space command has been doing for decades is just a way to increase the bureaucracy, something the government and its core of stooges loves to do.

I was part of space command the last four years before retiring. They actually had us wearing blue flight suits as a uniform combination when I managed operations of the solar observatory in Puerto Rico. Flight suits! What a joke.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote